[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a PHD in complex number theory and complex functions over
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 10
File: 1455558931852.jpg (105 KB, 700x524) Image search: [Google]
1455558931852.jpg
105 KB, 700x524
I have a PHD in complex number theory and complex functions over infinite manifolds. Ask me anything.
>>
Oh and I calculate risk on buying/selling loans/stocks.

I make 180k before bonuses and in 5 years I'll be seeing 280 before bonuses and benefits.
>>
What's your opinion on Debian testing as a desktop OS
>>
link your dissertation
>>
File: beta.jpg (69 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
beta.jpg
69 KB, 720x480
>>7863947

haha no

>>7863941

>not using your own linux system based on your programs
>>
Of all the professors you've met, which would you choose as your second if you were committing seppuku?
>>
>>7863956

I'm going to be a computer in 30 years so committing seppuku wouldn't make sense.
>>
>>7863957
You're going to dishonor yourself in the fave wars of the 2020s before then. Pick.
>>
>>7863966

Whats the role of the second anyway is it like your inheritor?
>>
How do I play games and go on 4chan while getting my phd
>>
>>7863976
It's seppuku, you start carving you guts out and your second decapitates you before you embarrass yourself
>>
>>7863988

Taking a 20 minute nap every 4.5 hours.

Or an hour long nap every 6 hours.

In terms of time per day I'm 14 months ahead of people who sleep 8 hours a day.
>>
>>7863994

Oh in that case most definitely Zbigniew Brzezinski.
>>
>>7863937
What's it like to have a brain?
>>
>>7864031

Well if it wasn't for shrooms it would be pretty depressing.
>>
>>7863937

Can i have a cappucino?
>>
>>7863938
Dream harder
>>
>>7863954
Kek, CS faggot detected.

Tell me about semi monoids and probabilistic combinatorics, faggot.
>>
>>7863937
Why did you make this thread? You likely have none of those.
>>
>>7864042
Did your knowledge of complex numbers make the shroom trip better or worse, in your opinion?
>>
>>7864062
>axing the wrong question
Did your experience of shroom trips make your knowledge of complex numbers more insightful and better or worse, in your opinion?
>>
>>7863937
What the fuck is an infinite manifold
>>
>>7863937
are you now and will you always be a virgin?
>>
>>7864076
When a man is so fat his ass has infinite folds. OP likes studying this.
>TL;DR OP is a dag
>>
>>7864055

I can thell you that there is no such thing as a "semi monoid"
>>
>>7864081
fag*
>>
What's your favorite Banach manifold and what happens when you try to do functional calculus on it?
>>
What's the answer to number 5?
>>
>>7864087
>>
>>7864100
Are you sure? It was asking about poetry.
>>
>>7864106
5 is a prime number. The answer to 5 is either 5 or 1. Since 5=5 the answer is logically 5. QED
>>
>>7864062

My knowledge of how evil and xenophobic people can combined with my knowledge of how autistic strong AI could potentially be ruins my shroom trips.

but also my idea of running off into my own private sector of the universe with a strong AI ship and playing god for trillions of years makes up for it.
>>
>>7864110
>le strong AI meme
>s-s-seriously guys I know what im talking about
>ive watched Elon Mustards presentation on it
>>
Should i ask her out? Shes the prez of my majors club and i dont know anything about her nor have i ever talked to her or have had a class with her but my gut feeling has never been this intense

Also, how do i get better at public speaking/presentations?

Lastly, do you prefer tomato based or vinegar based bbq sauce?
>>
>>7864112

The fuck is vinegar based bbq sauce.

Is this a french thing?
>>
>>7864112
No, get to know her first. ie. make sure she knows you a bit before asking her out

Practice practice practice

Tomato. It imitates blood, blood stained meat tastes better due to our nature as hunters
>>
>>7864121
Thats what i usually do with women, but its a slow process and has only netted me two long term relationships. I want her now

Also how do i practice? Ive tried in front of a mirror but i always end up freaking out when it comes to thw real thing and i talk fast and rush my pres.

I peraonally like the tangy thing from vinegar base bbq sauce. Providea a nice contrast to all those Maillard compounds.

>>7864114
Are you in the us? Different areas of the south have different bbq sauce variations
>>
>>7864111
>Elon Mustards
I didn't laugh a first, but then I laughed.
>>
>>7863937
That nigerian dude claims to have used analytic continuation to reformulate the Reimann Zeta function. Have you read his paper and how legit is the method?
>>
>>7864083
You're retarded, friend :^)
A semi monoid is a monoid that has non unique neutral elements. I bet you can't even name one because googling it doesn't yield anything. Kek.
>>
>>7864199
I should technically say that it has the same definition as a monoid but with the different neutral element restriction
>>
>>7864201
It's not a restriction, it's a consequence of the definition. "Semi-monoid" is bullshit.
>>
>>7863937
go back to memeddit
>>
>>7863937
What's the distance between your mom cheeks using a p-adic metric.
>>
>>7864199
pleb here
by neutral elements do you mean identity elements
>>
>>7863954
>>not using your own linux system based on your programs
what does this mean?

program ur own kernel and software????
>>
>>7864383
I thought it sounded retarded too.
>>
>>7864199
>a monoid with non unique neutral elements
so a fucking magma then?
what the shit even is the point of those things?
i've only seen magmas used once in some super abstract quantum field theory paper that i found on arxiv
what do you use them for?
>>
>>7864112
Ask her to out to ice cream. Bitches love ice cream.
>>
>>7864394
I'm not that guy but a magma is weaker. In a Magma you do not assume associativity (like in an applicative structure when considering combinatory algebras).

I think what that anon is talking about is a specific type of semigroup.
>In a semigroup all you have is an operation and associativity.
>A monoid is a semigroup that also has unique two-sided single identity.

You can prove that given a semigroup, if you have a left identity and a right identity then not only will they be equal but you'll end up with a monoid. However, it is possible to have a semigroup and give it multiple left identities or multiple right identities (as long as you don't give it both a left and right identity it doesn't become a monoid).

I've never heard the term semimonoid but I'm pretty sure that's what that anon is referring to. Otherwise they would say semigroup or monoid. As far as what they're used for, I think semigroups in general are related to semiautomata.
>>
>>7863998
Does this really work for you?

How much do you sleep in total?

Which other tricks do you use to keep going?

Do over-sleep on week ends?
>>
File: 1455523297628.jpg (177 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1455523297628.jpg
177 KB, 640x960
>>7863937
So this bitch claims to be pregnant, because her period is 2 weeks due.

This is the 2nd time she claims it. The 1st time she did, her period was 3 weeks due.

She also told me when we 1st met that it's normal for her to get her period weeks later than it should regularly (don't ask why she told me this).

I never came in her. 30% of the time used condoms. Also she is just a fwb and fucks about a dozen other guys on the side two (about one different guy a day).

Should I kill myself?
Should I kill her?
Should I kill somebody else?
Any other advice?
>>
>>7864512
>fucks about a dozen other guys on the side two
>Should I kill myself?
yes
>>
>>7864514
She's just a fwb.

Also she has a bf whom she cheats on (obv).
>>
>>7863937
Why would anyone build just a flight of stairs in a muddy forest?
>>
>>7864522
if she's just a fwb who fucks tons of dudes then what do you care if she's pregnant

just stop seeing her she can't prove shit
>>
>>7863937
where do those stairs go?
>>
>>7864741
Heaven
>>
Are triple complex integrals the same as sixple regular integrals?
>>
File: ss+(2016-02-16+at+12.41.05).jpg (26 KB, 447x252) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-02-16+at+12.41.05).jpg
26 KB, 447x252
Why do my spaghetti-O's keep making lightning?
>>
>>7864512
Dump dat shit.
>>
>>7864533

Tons of forest have them. If your check the nearby city there is most likely a freemason temple in there too.

Ancients have been building crypto stairs in forests for thousands of years.
>>
>>7864383
>>7864392

>not writing your own OS
>not writing your own kernels

Did mommy not hand you a computer science book when you were 5?
>>
File: 1451370525480.jpg (27 KB, 550x368) Image search: [Google]
1451370525480.jpg
27 KB, 550x368
>>7865331

>did mommy not make me a prodigy

Triggered
>>
>>7864509
>>7863937
Op this
>>
>>7864509
>>7865351

At first it sucked but I was lucky enough that I found a study room in the back of the library no one knows about and I can pretty much go in there for private naps.

Also my boss was cool with it.

I would only recommend it to people that already have the work ethic of an elite so that they can best capitalize on all the extra time.

I have a friend who is 3 years ahead of me so to speak in terms of reducing your sleep.
>>
>>7863937

how useful are following:

conways game of life
cellular automata
mathematica
lambdomba
>>
>>7865507
>conways game of life
>cellular automata
It's only as good as its reversibility.
>>
>>7865528
but isn't reversibility the very nature of CA?
>>
>>7865538
Hahahahahahahaha
>>
tell me something about bordism theory, and tell me if you like it
>>
>>7863937
do you like blue cheese
>>
>>7863937
if you had to suck a penis

and i mean, like, it was a given that you had to suck a penis. no one would know. it's just you and a cock.

but you get to choose the penis.

so, like, you have to suck a cock, you have no say in the matter, that's not up for debate - but you also have to choose the cock.

i mean personally choose the cock. from a line up of cocks which are exclusively outside of the 5 inch to 7 inch interval.

so it has to be big or small, right

which way would you go?
>>
>>7865855
Why would anyone choose the small cock?
>>
>>7865394
Must...do....this...
>>
>>7864109
Anon wasn't asking for factors you faggot
>>
Ranch or cool ranch
>>
Not OP, but sauce for the stairs and some grade A horror fiction:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nosleep/comments/3iex1h
>>
>>7865855

Well I'm gay so most likely the biggest one unless the guy looks like a meth addict.
>>
>>7866058

Why do woods all over north america have stairs deep inside of them?

Is it just eccentric people with money trying to troll hikers?
>>
>complex functions over infinite manifolds

This isn't even a fucking thing.

This is a troll thread.
>>
File: 1455594654236.png (27 KB, 598x754) Image search: [Google]
1455594654236.png
27 KB, 598x754
Benis or angus
>>
>>7863937
The machine learning community seems to have lost interest in manifold learning and now deep learning is all the rage. Are you afraid that advancements in neural networks will make you yesterdays fad and that you will be replaced?
>>
>>7866172

Doesn't matter AI is cool. Everything else can take a pause until we make AI.
>>
>>7866147
first year undergrad detected
>>
How sociable are the other students ? Are the girls any good ?
>>
Do you know how to construct covering spaces of manifolds and calculate their homology and homotopy?
>>
>>7866147

lol it actually is.
>>
>>7866084
I do a lot of off trail backpacking around the US, so I've seen some wildy stairs in my day (maybe 8-10 times). I don't make it my business to mess with them, a lot of times they just look like stairs that outlasted a building that was once there. It's pretty reasonable anywhere in the US. Settlements failed, people building a homestead die (that's the main reason I don't mess with them, I don't feel like finding human remains).

Maybe twice, we've seen stairs that look new. I really can't tell you why they're there. Seeing them were not enjoyable experiences, both times we tried to put a lot of distance between myself and the stairs, one time we even decided to walk into the night for a couple hours because of them.
>>
>>7866248

What the fuck man.

Now your making me want to chronicle a website showing pics and videos of every stairs in woods in north america.

I suppose it could be your idea of just really old settlements/buildings for whatever reason over the past 400 years but I mean you would see the remnents and decays of shit other than the stairs.

I've seen /alot/ of pictures of stairs in woods and its clearly only been a stairs, sometimes in good condition sometimes in bad but always only a stairs.

I feel like its either freemasons(they could very well be used for some of their rituals) or just some rich people making/decaying stairs in forest and posting them on /x/.

Like fuck.
>>
>>7866268
Yeah, I've never been too sure what to think about it either.

I know this also is not a satisfactory explanation, but there are definitely people who live out in the bush for their own reasons, and they do things for reasons that we don't understand.
>>
File: mcd2.jpg (39 KB, 589x441) Image search: [Google]
mcd2.jpg
39 KB, 589x441
>>7863937
When will my fries be ready, egghead?
>>
>>7864509
He's full of shit
>>
>>7867734

Look it up its a real thing retard.
>>
>>7863938
do you make 300k starting tho?
after bonuses of course

Also don't you feel like you could be making more money doing something more stimulating than equities pricing?
>>
>>7867759
Particle physics is a thing. I claim to have a phd in it. There. I've convinced you, apparently.
>>
>>7867809
>implying I'm not making more money doing more stimulating things when I'm not working.
>>
File: SZOm9zp.jpg (24 KB, 379x455) Image search: [Google]
SZOm9zp.jpg
24 KB, 379x455
>>7864533
Just like we have pure maths "for its own sake", we have pure stairs "for its own sake"
>>
>>7863937
Does your dick hang lower than your balls?
>>
>>7867888
We can use these stairs as an observation platform.
>>
>>7867939
And if the water is deep enough you could jump from it.
>>
If I build a time machine, go back in time, and have sex with myself, is it gay or just masturbation?
>>
>>7863937
What do you make of the proof that the infinite sum of all positive integers equals - 1/12?
>>
Name ten things that aren't Jackie Chan.
>>
>>7863937
How does complex number theorem define the Reimann zeta function for all complex values (except 1, right?)? The original definition allows for only real numbers greater than 1, but I read somewhere that complex analysis allows you to define the function over the whole plane.
>>
>>7867969

I fundamentally disagree with it, yes I understand the logic behind it, but you can't just cherry pick and rearrange the order of number sequences to get the sum you want you have to look at it as a whole. The notion that the sum of only positive integers can equal a fraction or a negative number is absurd.
>>
My wife's son wants to drop out of high school and pursue a career in basketball. How can I make him interested in math?
>>
>>7868032

Tell him he if doesn't study math he won't become a computer cyborg in 50 years and that will be the equivalent evolutionary suicide.
>>
How do you plan to have your research applied to real world problems?
>>
>>7868045
>implying computer science has anything to do with math
>>
>>7868063

90% of comp sci majors I know wish they had gotten a math degree instead.

Comp sci is mostly math you tard.
>>
>>7868016
You fucking idiot. How can you post such shitty bait. Look up the Riemann Conditional Convergence theorem and fucking try again in a few weeks.
Oh, and if you're telling the truth about your qualifications... I'm sorry... But you have autism.
>>
>>7868063
>not knowing anything about monoids or category theory
Kill yourself. People like you are why CS sucks.
>>
>>7864427
Hi friend. I'm the semi monoid guy. I looked into it, and it turns out that my university is kind of shitty. I was taught a semi-monoid is a strange perversion of a sigma algebra. I should have been talking about sigma algebras and measure theory in relation to probability theory.
>>
>>7868099
Comp sci hardly has enough math courses to repeat high school calculus. Their "discrete math" is a joke and consists only of counting. And even that seems too hard for the "muh video gaems" manchildren.

>>7868103
I'm a mathematician. I know a lot about category theory. For example I know that it doesn't appear anywhere in a CS curriculum.
>>
>>7868102

>adding positive integers until you get a negative fraction

Like I said cherry picking the order of an infinite series doesn't mean you can ignore the rest of the series.
>>
>>7868113
>implying that a subject and the curriculum are the same thing
>>
>>7868115
>didn't even look up the theorem
>thinks that the sum means "If I add 1 to 2 I get 3. If I add 3 to 3 I get 6. If I continue this forever infinitelyyy I get -1/12"
Bro, don't you even know the definition of an infinite sum?
>>
>>7868115
You're probably getting your idea of the infinite sum from that numberphile video, which is absolute shit and doesn't prove anything. There is more rigorous mathematics behind it.
>>
What's your favourite colour?
>>
>>7868235
OP here
The entire rainbow: The color of fags.
>>
File: image.jpg (758 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
758 KB, 1536x2048
>>7868292

False real op here.

Best color is red
>>
>>7867994
jackie cha-oh shit
>>
>>7868431
>Posts picture of wood
>"Wood" is a euphemism for "penis"
OP confirmed to be a rainbow faggot.

I'm still waiting on you to look up why the sum of all natural numbers need not be positive or even nonexistent.
Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.