[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is gif related accurate?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: i1tbl29.gif (2 MB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
i1tbl29.gif
2 MB, 256x256
Is gif related accurate?
>>
>>7850715
more or less, everything is vibrating crazy fast, it wouldn't be so clear if you were shrunk down trying to observe that.
>>
>>7850715
>>7850717
Kinesin is powered by the hydrolysis of ATP, and also at this level, water isn't just an uniform medium, but discrete molecules.
>>
>>7850726
How do you know it's kinesin?
>>
>>7850715
Biology is not science, it only has 7 letters.
>>
>>7850840
>physics
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDZLiZB0iPY
>>
The coloring is also probably very wrong. Some molecules will be colorless while others will have certain colors/patterns based on their geometry and structure.
>>
>>7850717
This. There would be a lot of vibration.

Also it's important to note that this looks extremely "thought out" and plotted. In reality, one bound region of the protein disconnects and is free to flail around and vibrate, etc. until its charge properties align to the correct, corresponding region. In biophysics, statistics are used to describe binding events like this. Other molecules such as adenosines (primarily), guanosines, and cytosines would also be discrete and we would witness phosphorylation/hydrolysis events. It's a cool gif though for sure. I wish they had one with inch-worm motion. I much prefer that theory of kinesin movement.
>>
>>7850845
Physics is engimemering, not science.
>>
>>7850860
You're wrong, kiddo.
>>
>>7850876
>>7850860
Any sources?
>>
File: 180px-No_computer_no_science.png (28 KB, 180x133) Image search: [Google]
180px-No_computer_no_science.png
28 KB, 180x133
>>7850840
Computer Science has more than 7 letters. Is it a science?
>>
>>7850956
Given that CS is a subset of math, yes.
>>
File: 1453449465897.jpg (14 KB, 204x255) Image search: [Google]
1453449465897.jpg
14 KB, 204x255
When the realization hits you that proteins are nanomachines.
>>
It would be a lot more frantic and vibratey and not so smooth. Have they ever run any kind of molecular dynamics simulayion in kinesin? too complex i guss
>>
File: Chemistry-of-Autumn-Leaves-2015.png (72 KB, 1323x935) Image search: [Google]
Chemistry-of-Autumn-Leaves-2015.png
72 KB, 1323x935
>>7850894
You know it is kinda weird that more people haven't thought about what proteins and other large molecules look like (their color). Maybe the computations to figure this out is too much for modern computers?

I know that we can figure out how some usual molecules look like based on the wavelength of light that they can reflect, but you can have colorless objects reflect light by arranging them in a certain structure. For example if you look at snow that's at a certain angle you'll see it is blue, and at most angles it is white. (and it's pure snow it's not been contaminated or anything)

So in the same way, even if a protein might be colorless or say reflect on certain wavelengths, maybe once it binds to something it becomes part of a structure and the entire thing now shines with a different color, or maybe even a pattern of colors.
>>
>>7850715
I'm pretty sure this is from a video that has other simulations like this. Link anyone?
>>
>>7851272
just google harvard cell video
>>
>>7850956
That's why it's abbreviated to Comp Sci
>>
>>7851019
for me it's more than that, it's life.
This thing is not programed, it's fucking organic. I'm pretty sure this nanolife have a certain degree of psychee.
This is the futur of programming. We will be able to create nanostructure by manipulation of atoms.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.