[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /sci/ think of Tesla ? Is he meme-tier ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: teslaiswatching.jpg (138 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
teslaiswatching.jpg
138 KB, 500x373
What does /sci/ think of Tesla ?
Is he meme-tier ?
>>
File: underrated physicist.png (163 KB, 331x398) Image search: [Google]
underrated physicist.png
163 KB, 331x398
Pic related is THE master.
>>
>>7843339
Yes, yes he is.
>>
M E M E
E
M
E
>>
>>7843339
Tesla? Don't we all use stuff in our devices that were patented by him? He seems to have been a real bad ass inventor. Didn't he challenge Einstein to a public debate about how Einstein was wrong about relativity?
>>
>>7843339
The greatest mind to have ever existed.
>>
Reading a series of his works periodically.
Man was a curious inventor and well rehearsed in the field which he mastered before many understood it existed at all
>>
>>7843339
Meh. Newton was cooler.
>>
>>7843792
what's your source on that public debate? what were his arguments against relativity, if he ever made them public?
>>
>>7843339
>What does /sci/ think of Tesla ?

Now you've done it...
>>
He makes a nice car...
>>
>>7844486
He was the one making the question, smarty pants
>>
>>7844558
Agreed. It looks nice nice, if only it had a slighly larger range
>>
>>7843339
As an electrician, I believe its much safer to have ac going to panel, and breaker to device than using air. He was brilliant no doubt, but also crazy.... I would like to see how he would react to nuclear energy.. Or super high volt three phase substations.
>>
>>7844948
People would definitely get killed by induction, everything would need to be grounded all the time...
>>
>>7843339
An excellent scientist and engineer.

Of course, he was also batshit insane and most of his proposed "death ray" or "free energy" devices are full of shit.

I don't think we should demote him to meme-tier status for that, though, considering the flaws of other scientists that we simply gloss over, such as Newton's alchemy obsession.
>>
>>7843339
DUDE WIRELESS ELECTRICITY LMAO
>>
>>7843340
Who is he?
>>
>>7845213
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.