[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did some native americans survive the epidemics? It wiped
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: _IMG_000000_000000.jpg (1 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
_IMG_000000_000000.jpg
1 MB, 5312x2988
Why did some native americans survive the epidemics?

It wiped out so many yet some walked away. I feel it's different than Europe because the Americas were isolated and much less exposed throughout their history
>>
>>7812350
>I feel

Dropped. Feelings are discussed on tumblr.
>>
>>7812351
Fuck off
>>
>>7812356
No, for real. Nobody gives a fuck about what you feel. What argument do you have for it not being simply that some of them were immune or were not exposed?
>>
>>7812366
I don't have an argument. I'm trying to figure out if it is as simple as you say.

At least that's how I feel
>>
Is it just simply that our bodies fight off diseases and no disease has a 100% fatality rate.

It seems like the natives are a good example of people surviving extreme circumstances
>>
>>7812372
Virus enters your body
It starts destroying shit as your immune system tries to catch up and destroy

Either the virus completely fucks you up and now your immune system can't do shit or your immune system was able to counter it fast enough and suppressed it.

After it supressed the virus once, it will keep doing so forever, thus you are immune.

You don't need to be a descendant from someone who is immune. All you need is to be lucky enough for your immune system to act fast enough.

So yeah, it is that simple.
>>
>>7812381
Thank you
>>
>>7812381
Does being a descendants of someone immune help?
>>
>>7812484
Well, you are vaccinated for many virus, I assume. So you are immune from all of them.

Make an experiment for us and do not vaccinate your child to see if immunity is inherited.
>>
>>7812496
My weird step mom did that to my half brother and sister. I can watch them
>>
>>7812628
Fuck that, answer is no. Report child abuse on her asap.

If this were the case then vaccines would have only been a thing for one generation and now we would all be immune from everything.
>>
>>7812350
Some native Americans survived for the same reason some of us survived when we first encountered these illnesses.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.