[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So we have yet to come in to contact with aliens. I do believe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 21
File: image.jpg (97 KB, 1000x733) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97 KB, 1000x733
So we have yet to come in to contact with aliens. I do believe they exist.( virtually impossible for them not to) but what if they don't exist... Yet. There has to be a first everything. What if it is us?
>>
>>7812048
What if we're the aliens? Why don't you go fuck yourself.
>>
>>7812052
Well we are technically aliens to life forms not from earth.
>>
>>7812052
He's saying what if we are the first intelligent life to form and there's have yet to form.
>>
>>7812048
We will find out when JUICE lands on Europa in the 2020s. I'm training to be a space marine already, we are gonna let them out of the ice and they will kill us all.
>>
>>7812048
>virtually impossible for them not to [exist]
You have obviously no idea what you are talking about.
>>
>>7813055
Don't ever fucking reply to my posts again unless you have something to contribute for this thread.
>>
Aliens will not contact us until we achieve peace on Earth. If we can't keep shit straight on one planet, how can we be trusted to keep shit straight in the whole galaxy?
>>
File: 1401257745201.jpg (38 KB, 450x240) Image search: [Google]
1401257745201.jpg
38 KB, 450x240
>>7813354
>assumptions
>anthropomorphising aliens
>retarded star trek crap
>>
>>7813354
Why would aliens give a shit about our concept of peace?
>>
>>7813389
The concept of any form of sentient life wanting to continue its existence?

>>7813382
>the purpose of life may be to lead to its own demise
>>
space travel is hard OP, more intelligent beings lightyears away would still have a hard time creating a ship efficient enough to travel those long distances whilst holding enough energy to continue travel and sustaining the lives of its passengers.

also, if a society was able to evolve to become hyper-intelligent while not killing themselves off or succumbing to some natural disaster (both difficult over the long run), why would they want to contact us? they might want to observe us for lel's, but there would be no rational reason to make contact. we would just start asking them for things and feel inferior.

we don't want to be space niggers.
>>
>>7813419

>Space Niggers
>fuckin lol, good one anon
>>
>>7812048
There is a lot of literature on Fermi's Paradox. Really, there are more reasons to explain why we haven't seen alien space-faring civilization than reasons why we should.

Basically, things evolve on geologic time-scales, millions of years, scientific, advanced civilizations probably only last a few hundred until they run out of resources or kill themselves off.

Also our main method of finding aliens is fucking around with a radio receiver. Why would aliens try to beam radio messages or anything else to make them easy for us to detect? Probably don't even use radio for communication and if they do, it'd be encrypted or compressed into white noise anyways.
>>
>>7813419
>sustaining the lives of its passengers.

Why anthropomorphize their lifespans? Maybe they are sentient dark matter and it takes 100,000 years to say our equivalent of "yes."
>>
>>7813437
If aliens do use EM for communication, they may be long extinct by the time we get their message, or weay be long extinct by the time it gets here or theyvreceive our reply, or vice versa.
>>
File: 90239048b.jpg (39 KB, 729x432) Image search: [Google]
90239048b.jpg
39 KB, 729x432
>>7813444
>he thinks dark matter is real
>>
>>7813416
>life has a purpose
>>
>>7813456
>he thinks the math of astrophysicists is 96% off
>>
>>7812048
The real question is can we fuck 'em
>>
>>7813460
either way if they were super smart they could easily just build a robot and do the same thing, but they still haven't. so i see three choices:

1) white people are the best in the universe
b) aliens don't want to make contact
3) ultra-long distance galactic travel is so difficult/costly it's not worth it just to kidnap so goobags and stick metal objects in their butts

my money is on 1.
>>
>>7813462
>aliens made of antimatter
>hottest woman you've ever seen
>penis obliterates immediately upon inserting into antivagina
>alien bitch laughs while reproducing some other way and keeping humans from reproducing
>>
>>7813416
>The concept of any form of sentient life wanting to continue its existence?
And what if its continued existence meant the end of other's existence?
>>
>>7813462
Would you?
>>
>>7813476
Lifeforms on Earth (the only observed) take no issue with that.
>>
>>7813480
So there's no reason to assume it's any different for aliums
>>
File: 1414559927324.jpg (165 KB, 507x475) Image search: [Google]
1414559927324.jpg
165 KB, 507x475
So you want to hypothesize about aliens?
First step: Dont ascribe any Human attributes to them.

You are literally left with no idea.
>>
>>7813498
>no idea
think you'd have to at least assume they are capable of rational thought based on their own self-awareness.
>>
>>7813498
You also can't assume they don't have human-like qualities.

Sure, they might be 2 mile long radioactive squids with vast intricate cultures that entirely revolve around novel forms of vibrating glands in their assholes, so their too busy to worry about intersteller travel or communication or they might be basically like humans with bumpy foreheads, that just don't have petroleum and have no means to achieve escape velocity. Impossible to know.
>>
File: Scrambler.jpg (161 KB, 1280x934) Image search: [Google]
Scrambler.jpg
161 KB, 1280x934
>>7813508
Intelligence doesn't necessarily mean being self aware.
>>
>>7813470
>white people are the best in the universe
Jesus, that sort of delusion must feel really good
>>
>>7813549
I think he means that European culture was the driving force behind science and industrialization and that was an aberration on top of the aberration that humanity even exists at all.

In other words, intelligent aliens out there could be forever stagnant with 3rd world type mindsets.
>>
>>7813542
if you're going to be rational you need to basis your rationing/logic on some base assumption. for us it is "i exist" (or i think, therefor i am)

i can't imagine any other base assumption for logic, can you?
>>
File: 1414213834195.jpg (115 KB, 600x493) Image search: [Google]
1414213834195.jpg
115 KB, 600x493
>>7813589
Anon, there are intelligent animals that can't pass the mirror test, and unintelligent animals that can. You don't have to be self-aware to be intelligent (and in this case, intelligent in the sense of being good as problem solving)
>>
>>7813615
mehhhhhhh, ok self-awareness isn't the right term, but we're arguing terminology here. if you're going to use logic there has to be some base assumption.

if i say a=b & b=c, how do we know a=c? well for starters we know how the symbology works and that "=" means equality. how do we know what equality means? well, we've been taught, and we can form our basis of understanding based on things we've seen in life. we created the abstract way of representing it, but we actually understand its physical representation based on our observed and innate knowledge of the universe and being.

if you truly knew nothing of existence, whether explicitly (consciousness) or innately (sub-consciousness), you could only know the abstract representation and you would only know it as such as an entity in your memory. wipe that memory and you won't be able to piece it back together.

i mucked it up a bit i know but i hope you feel me senpai.
>>
File: 1429658912533.jpg (11 KB, 392x243) Image search: [Google]
1429658912533.jpg
11 KB, 392x243
>>7813641
>consciousness
>>
>>7813644
>you can't speel
>therefor you are a dumb
I reject this notion sir!
>>
File: caveman_alright.png (120 KB, 353x356) Image search: [Google]
caveman_alright.png
120 KB, 353x356
>>7812093
>JUICE
>landing

>JUICE
>getting anywhere in the 2020s
>>
>>7813657
You must be new to /sci/ to not understand >consciousness
>>
>>7813663
yeah i am, also why i'm posting in this thread, sure theres at least 3 of these a day
>>
>>7813419
>space travel is hard

If you asked a person 150 years ago what they thought of flying machines you'd hear the same ignorance.
>>
>>7813641
Define consciousness
>>
File: 1421211587821.jpg (37 KB, 443x244) Image search: [Google]
1421211587821.jpg
37 KB, 443x244
>>7813676
>flying machines require the bending of physical laws to work
>>
>>7813686
>bending of physical laws

You mean the limited current understanding of physics? Modern physics is laughably incomplete, with no understanding of what gravity or spacetime is. Anyone who would claim otherwise is an idiot, let alone someone who would state absolutes based on very limited knowledge.
>>
>>7813679
it's being able to "hear" your thoughts. the thoughts that you are aware of, and if you are capable of language, the thoughts you can then voice.

sub-consciousness is all the background noise we don't even know is going on, but probably where most of our true brilliance and intellect lies (last bit is speculation).
>>
>>7813708

There is experimental evidence that all decisions are made by the "subconscious" which is fed to the consciousness as an illusion that the decision was actually made consciously. The conscious mind is basically an observer.
>>
>>7813725
i read that on business insider a couple weeks ago. i mean it's freud's iceberg theory right? he makes a distinction between the sub-conscious and the unconscious but same shit, you could just combine the two.

i feel like the conscious mind is still more than an observer though. you're capable of making conscious, rational decisions, its just often easier to use that snap-judgment mechanism that utilizes something else.
>>
>>7813749
>you're capable of making conscious, rational decisions,
You mean your subconscious is, as well as make you think you consciously made them.
>>
>>7813749
>feel like the conscious mind is still more than an observer

This is experimentally proven to be false. The subconscious mind makes all decisions in advance of the conscious mind being aware of them.
>>
The extraordinary claim is that life on Earth is somehow special and powered by magic pixie dust, not by common chemical reactions of common compounds.
>>
>>7813753
>>7813754
my argument against that would be that time when you're sitting there taking a math test, you're sweating it out on this problem and you can literally hear yourself "ok, so, if g is proportional to sin(a) prime and..." you're literally thinking about it, consciously and rationally.

however, as you're working through it and you suddenly reach that eureka moment where you take a gasp of air as suddenly you realize you have the answer before you can even say what it is, that might be where you guys are right, i dont really know where that comes from or what it is exactly

>>7813765
i'm with you anon
>>
>>7813765
>The extraordinary claim is that life on Earth is somehow special

but it is special
where else in the observable universe have we seen evidence of life thus far. nowhere. enjoy your dumb violent primates meme though.
>>
>>7813676
flying machines were hard, but turns out not that hard. making those flying machines get near the speed of light without structural damage or running out of fuel is really fucking hard.

of course if you have all the answers any problem is easy, that's not new anon.
>>
>>7813781
>that might be where you guys are right

Sorry faggot, but there's no denying that the "conscious" mind is a tagalong. There's undeniable experimental evidence to the fact that the subconscious calls the shots and that consciousness is an illusion. Humans are admittedly smart, but still automatons.
>>
File: 1447997445025.jpg (4 KB, 217x122) Image search: [Google]
1447997445025.jpg
4 KB, 217x122
>>7813879
>Humans are admittedly smart, but still automatons.
>>
>>7813884
Can't argue against le fat hat man, it's soundproof logic.
>>
I heard about a theory that it could be that our galaxy isn't as habitable as others.
>>
>>7813794
>where else in the observable universe have we seen evidence of life

>implying that there has been a comprehensive survey of the cosmos for life

There has only been the most insignificant glance, akin to an indian looking out of their teepee and seeing no smoke signal on the horizon, and proclaiming that there are no other people alive.
>>
Statistically, alien life exists else were in the universe. The problem is that we will never meet them. To do that we would need faster than light travel or communication. 99.9% of all known life went extinct without coming anywhere close to that. Why would we be any different?
>>
>>7813904
fermi paradox
>>
>>7813915

>fermi paradox
>muh convoluted shrug
>>
>>7813908
>The problem is that we will never meet them

Nice absolute statement based on nothing but ignorance.
>>
>>7813879
I'm curious. Got a link?
>>
>>7812048
>virtually impossible for them not to
Provide statistical likelihood of life beginning.
>>
>>7813970
http://www.nature.com/news/2008/080411/full/news.2008.751.html
>>
>>7813705
gunna have to second this.

What is now basic physics, taught in high school was once inconceivable to pioneers of the subject hundreds of years ago.
>>
>>7813975

There is a 100% certainty that life is possible. It is up to you to explain how life is only possible here when the building blocks and reactions of our life are common throughout the cosmos, let alone other unknown basis for life.
>>
>>7813354
Is this a joke? If anything, right NOW would be the best time to make contact.

We are in a unique time period. In the past, we didn't have the offensive capabilities necessary to wipe ourselves out as a species entirely. Now, that is a very real threat. And in the future, we will have either a) wiped ourselves out, or b) worked past our issues with nuclear weapons/climate change/whatever issue the world as a whole is facing, as we will not all be dead.

But right now, that's up in the air, and if some alien species discovered/had been watching humanity, right now would be the best time to make contact, in order to either straighten out our shit and make us their subordinates, or to destroy us and take the planet for themselves.
>>
>>7813884
Lack of free will and such.
>>
>>7813542

An interesting scifi story postulating an non-aware but intelligent species is Blindsight by Peter Watts. Not a really great story, but an interesting one.
>>
>>7814142
My picture was alluding to it- it's one of the Scramblers from the book.
>>
>>7814143

Oh right, that image was a little indistinct.
>>
>>7812048
This is not really science. Nor is there any depth to this question.
>>
>>7814175

>muh paradigm based on nothing but dogma and ignorance
>science
>>
>>7813498
Actually id think intelligent, spacefaring aliens would be more human like than we think. they probably have something similar to opposable thumbs, or some other dexterous setup that allowed them to create tools. They also probably have free limbs to do such tasks, so bipedal isn't even that much of a stretch.

Their eyes probably "see" a range around the peak wavelength of their host star. Their various sensors are probably elevated, in one place, close to their brain, as to be maximally efficient and protective.

Sure they most likely don't look like the bug eyed aliens of sci fi but im convinced they would look much more like us, than say, a giant insect
>>
File: old20ones.jpg (150 KB, 647x864) Image search: [Google]
old20ones.jpg
150 KB, 647x864
>>7813498

Well let us think for a moment before making assumptions either way. Consider the possibility that in the cosmos life is common, and that there are possibly many billions of civilizations throughout the universe.

Now consider that for a civilization which mastered the understanding of nature and graduated past burning things for energy, it may be possible that the ability to manipulate spacetime, gravity and energy at will.

Now I'm not saying that's the case, but I will say that as far as we know, this is neither possible nor impossible.

OK that's the setup, now consider possibly millions or billions of civilizations with mastery of interstellar travel, where distance is arbitrary and irrelevant and could travel anywhere at will.

Of these millions of species, it is reasonable to assume some evolutionary convergence will occur, even if only superficial. Imagine that a couple of times, a few other bilateral quadrupeds produced a human-like body plan, like a grey or Chewbacca or something.

Now considering all of the above, would it be reasonable to assume that a spacefaring race which had some superficial resemblance to us humans would be interested in studying us? Perhaps they feel some kinship in a cosmos where the norm is to look like a farting balloon with tentacles, or a massive buttplug with a crown of dicks (pic related).

Anyway I think it just shows a lack of imagination to assume anything about unknowns as absolute fact.
>>
File: ti6t09X.jpg (302 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
ti6t09X.jpg
302 KB, 600x600
The universe is pretty big. Even a ship traveling at the speed of light will take a few hundred, thousand, million, billion, etc years to reach a destination. FTL travel is physically impossible, wormhole manipulation is physically impossible, and time travel is physically impossible.

If aliens contact us then it will be through telepathy. Why spend time and energy building space-faring vessels and dyson spheres to power them when you can travel the universe from the comfort of your own house using the power of your mind?
>>
>>7814230
>FTL travel is physically impossible, wormhole manipulation is physically impossible, and time travel is physically impossible.

Says who?
>>
>>7813333
Don't ever post on this board if these kinds of threads are all you have to contribute to this board.
>>
>>7813659
Isn't it dropping a lander on Europa to drill through the ice to look for aliens? What is the point otherwise? Don't tell me they are just going to take more snaps of Jupiter?
>>
>>7813419
Maybe they would want our dank memes, space niggers is pretty good lol.
>>
>>7813686
>1907
>"we need petrol burning engine to turn propeller but to burn that petrol we need to case it in a big metal block which weighs a lot therefore this will never get off of the ground"
>"our propellers made of two flat paddles are not working, why not?"
>"What the fuck is a wing"
Our knowledge of aerodynamics and engine design was so bad in 1907 that all official attempts to fly based on theory failed and it was the Wright Bros trial and error flukes that eventually managed it. Sometimes the theory isn't there and you have to just get lucky stumbling upon something in order to move forward. This will happen for FTL travel one day.
>>
>>7813575
>I think he means that European culture was the driving force behind science and industrialization
I don't think it was the culture, I think it's more a case of europe having access to the atlantic and all the resources of the americas, having the mediterranean as a large sandbox for easily using and ships and iterating naval tech for thousands of years, and the geography being conducive to trade but not conducive to conquering large areas of land long term, meaning that there would inevitably have been a bunch of different states competing and fighting with each other, and arms-racing with tech, until eventually sufficiently high tech would push the fighting outwards.
>>
>>7814230
>The Solar System is pretty big, Even a ship traveling at the speed of sound will take 600 years to get to Pluto, therefore humans can never send anything there within their own lifetimes
>We can't travel faster than the speed of sound because the shockwave would rip the spaceship apart before it left Earth's atmosphere
This is how dumb you sound.
>>
>>7813794
>where else in the observable universe have we seen evidence of life thus far. nowhere.
That would be the case for any intelligent lifeform up to a certain point.
>>
>>7813922
>If we haven't looked they can't be there
>>
>>7814734
This, it was more the geography. Civilizations grew around the Mediterranean which meant that any empire ended up controlling bits of three different continents instead of the whole thing. This left them open to constant attack on three fronts causing all the empires from Carthage to Macedon to Rome to break up. What was left were many small competing states on all the many peninsulas.
>>
>>7814087
But speaking from a purely realistic standpoint, humanity is an extremely infantile species. The issues have taken on a new dimension, but the only reason they are perceived as being ingrained into the fabric of our species is the phenomenon of a cultural hegemony. These characteristics of the unique time period are mere complications of those chemically reinforced behaviors. This species can't make any meaningful social progress, as the biological makeup can't change meaningfully within a time frame that allows for mitigation of such issues. These issues are an "acquired taste" in that the perception thereof must be shaped separately from innate reflexive reaction. Consequently one can assume that our biologically primitive nature limits our ability to function as a social species, given that each new member has to learn things the previous member learned independent from the previous member's knowledge. This is not to say that knowledge cannot be expanded, but it clearly indicates that there are certain limitations that make the human race undesirable in the case that the alien group wishes to perpetuate its existence in a manner befitting growth of social knowledge.
>>
>>7814230
But what is the material that will carry such a mental signal? Is there even a compatibility of biology allowing for such communication? You assume that there is in the case of telepathy. Furthermore, your ambiguity on such a communicative vector implies that such means of communication can indeed move "faster" than any other reliably documented particle or energy. In order to foster such communication the problem you decry as grounds for impossibility of such travel will have to be solved, along with the problem of gaining human specimens from which to build a working manner of mental communication. In essence you've complicated the problem.
>>
>>7814787
>Entangled particle communicator in orbit

>Implant neuron interpreter/stimulator and electromagnetic transmitter/receiver into brain, possibly using imperceptible nanobots

boom
>>
>>7814743

So you're saying that Einstein is wrong and that objects with mass can travel faster than the speed of light?
>>
>>7813478
Can I?
>>
Here's what I think:
Aliens were actually humans who reached technology advancement and some sort of apocalyptic cataclysm happened which forced them to leave in the saucer ships. Eventually they found other planets that they could settle on after drifting through space for a good couple hundreds of years possibly, every so often they send scouts out to Earth to see what type of condition it is in or whether it is hospitable again.
>>
>>7815003

I think he is saying that the theory of general relativity isn't comprehensive enough to state that FTL travel is impossible. It may be possible to control gravity or mass forces, thus negating mass effects. Or it may be possible just to warp space to just sidestep that limitation and move the space itself faster than light.
>>
>>7815169
No, because humans are directly related to everything else on the planet.

ETs are probably just that. They might not even share the same chemical chirality as human life.

Though personally I like the theory that the 'greys' are clones, cloned from other clones, for thousands of years and they're only interested in Earth to take DNA material and samples to insert in place of all the degraded, corrupted, inbred sorta DNA, so they can perpetuate as a species. So it explains the cow mutilations and human abductions.

Other than that they're just slightly bewildered that we have nuclear weapons 1 generation after we're all fucking around with horse and buggies.
>>
>>7815813
>take DNA material

Why? That just doesn't pass scrutiny so I won't even bother posting the reasons why that's unlikely.
>>
>>7813471
I can't imagine having her vagina annihilated would please her
>>
>>7815865
They're presumably masters of genetic engineering and they can splice material into their own DNA where it works. Consider that 5-8% of the human genome isn't even human-derived DNA. It's endogenous retrovirus RNA elements from a long history of evolution. Aliens derived from vast generations of clones could be even more of a genetic trash-heap than humans and could have flawed portions they could replace with literally anything and it'd be better.

Gene splicing away non-functioning DNA, creating genetic chimeras, ect. It makes perfect sense if you know jack shit about genetics.

I also like the idea that their skin is actually an integrated bio-mechanical space-suit. Why they seem to walk around naked in our hostile environment, with people coughing and shitting on them, ect and never blink and their that weird grey color. It's inorganic material fused to their adipose tissue or something and they're shit out of their breeding vats wearing it.

This is all speculation, man, but some speculation makes more logical sense than others, I think.
>>
>>7815890

If they were masters of DNA, why would they need to take DNA from other creatures?
>>
>>7815898
Cause they can't replicate DNA or functional genetic code without very minute changes or weaknesses taking place over time over multiple replications. Some sort of physical limitation on the process.

Alternatively, we have genetic material that they never seen before, or are curious about splicing into their own.

If you don't believe all these decades of alien encounters, government documents, video, ect, are real than who cares. If you analyse the common elements, they point that they're not doing much besides passively observing, abducting, or butchering living creatures, or fucking around nuclear weapons or military sites, and the latter was only in the 40s-70s.

So, I like the idea they're after genetic material. Otherwise maybe they developed a taste for beef and human embryos.

Go a better idea?
>>
>>7815929

You're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>7816004
Don't ever fucking reply to my posts again unless you have something to contribute for this thread.
>>
File: Grey_Alien_head.jpg (29 KB, 600x721) Image search: [Google]
Grey_Alien_head.jpg
29 KB, 600x721
>>7815169

This is true in terms of the "greys". You might not like Vsauce but check out this link for a few seconds

https://youtu.be/jTL_sJycQAA?t=406

In zero gravity your head swells and there is pressure on your eyes. If a person was born in zero gravity and lived to maturity, they would look identical to the grey aliens people have seen throughout the years. A child's skull isn't hardened like an adults, so the the swelling in the head would cause a child's skull to take the form of a grey alien.
>>
>>7814230
implying information can move faster than the speed of causality but matter can't.
>>
File: 1300044776986.jpg (31 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
1300044776986.jpg
31 KB, 560x560
>>7812048
>virtually impossible
Cause life sure is prevalent in the universe.
>>
File: costanza cat.jpg (49 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
costanza cat.jpg
49 KB, 500x375
>>7816442

>living creature incredulous that life exists
>>
File: ayyylmao.gif (767 KB, 127x189) Image search: [Google]
ayyylmao.gif
767 KB, 127x189
ayy lmao
>>
>>7814056

Nobody can refute this.
>>
>>7816665
it's possible that we're a simulation and not "alive"
therefore, it's not certain that life exists at all.

as for implication of intelligent design or w/e the fuck you want to call it, consider that nobody really comprehends the vastness of the universe, and even a seeming impossibly small chance of life existing could still give rise to millions of life forms existing or yet to exist in the universe
>>
>>7816675

>muh magic scenario
>>
>>7816675
> we can't know nuthin
die
>>
Some people are fairly adamand that the sum total of consciousness in the entire universe exists here on Earth, which is horrific.

Others postulate that the cosmos is teeming with civilization, which is cool.

But one thing I've considered is this: what if the total number of civilizations in the whole of time is two, which is absolutely terrifying. Think about it.
>>
I want to cum inside some alien pussy. Aliens if you are reading this, you can use me as a test subject. Let me cum inside a female.
>>
File: Digusting-Worm-with-Teeth[1].jpg (112 KB, 400x478) Image search: [Google]
Digusting-Worm-with-Teeth[1].jpg
112 KB, 400x478
>>7816942
deal
>>
>>7816966
I might have to rethink this.
>>
File: house[1].png (46 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
house[1].png
46 KB, 200x150
>>7816968
I'm afraid the deal is done. We'll see you in 40 earth hours.
>>
>>7812048
They called them angels, gods and demons.
>>
>>7812048
Oh just because there aren't any "official" public sources/publications in today's media, that it never happened? You must have access to every government report in the world and know everything that ever happened.
>>
Humans are basically no better than cavemen. For all of our dickwaving, humans still rely on chemical energy almost exclusively, rely on raw materials almost exclusively, breed uncontrolled.

To an interstellar species we might be an interesting novelty, like we would feel reading about the crow using a stick or a gorilla using sign language. The reality is that the vast majority of humanity has a sub 110 IQ and is frankly stupid.
>>
>>7818521
>interstellar travel
>possible
>hey guys humans r dumb because they don't do something physically impossible
>>
>>7818603
>physically impossible

>implying
>>
>>7812048

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

― Arthur C. Clarke
>>
>>7815169
or aliens are future evolved humans in their time machine flying saucers just checkin stuff out..
>>
I feel like a wise wizard compared to the majority of this board...

Aliens are already fucking here. Wake the fuck up sheep!
>>
IF we knew we were alone in the universe, would that make the existence of a God more likely?
>>
>>7819030
>building theories from false axioms
gg modern academia
>>
>>7818521
I can hear your Fedora tipping as I read this
>>
>>7819069
>your Fedora tipping

That's synonymous with
>muh butthurts
>>
>>7812048
then we had better start creating and/or spreading life to other worlds
>>
>>7818521

The sad fact is that humans are nothing but space niggers and will never be allowed to join the club. The aliums are here to stop us totally sterilizing our biosphere and keep us contained, but not to talk to us. The aliums are the ones keeping the whole thing secret.
>>
>>7813478
this is 4chan.
people here would fuck anything with a hole
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 640x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 640x720
>>7814230
>time travel and FTL is impossible but telepathy is totally a thing xD
>>
>>7819397

consciousness is something we know nothing about. physics is something we know about, and the laws of physics tell us that both time travel and ftl is impossible.

your move.
>>
>>7814727

where do i go to read more examples like this?
Thread replies: 134
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.