[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people trust these guys when it comes to science?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 400x400
Why do people trust these guys when it comes to science?
>>
>>7805581
What are they wrong about?
>>
>>7805585
not him, but the way they go about classifying chemicals as hazardous is really, really, really bad.
>>
>>7805585
LOL
>>
>>7805585
Classifying everything as a possible cancer causer just like the WHO.

They suck at what they try to preach regarding environmental standards.

They started the meme that secondhand smoke was bad for people.
>>
>>7805581
Yea, I mean have you watched The Simpsons Movie?
They're pure evil
>>
>>7805585
Well they poisoned the Colorado River, for one.

The government absolutely sucks at everything it is entrusted to do. I know because I work for the government.
>>
Because they do good work.

>>7805621
You're thinking the Europeans. The EPA is outstandingly permissive when you compare their exposure limits to international permits.

>>7805598
They do standard toxicology. It's all founded on well-characterized science.
>>
>>7805883
States have EPA-like entities that can be very severe. California, for example. They are okay with Ivanpah frying a thousand birds a day and wiping out the desert tortoise but will sue you into ruin for storing some used motoroil in your backyard.
>>
>>7805890
Then you should talk about those entities specifically.

Besides,
>taking California seriously as an example of anything
>>
>>7805883
Pretty sure the American EPA also does those things.
>>
>>7805883
>They do standard toxicology. It's all founded on well-characterized science.
No they don't. They rely on companies to self report dangerous chemicals...this is a long read, but it'll make you seriously question how "good" their work is.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/10/magazine/the-lawyer-who-became-duponts-worst-nightmare.html?_r=0
>>
>>7805581
>people trust these guys
... because they distrust the other guys: Monsanto, DuPont, Dow, Exxon/Mobil, Shell, BP, etcetera.
>>
>>7806388
That's not a particularly good reason to trust a corrupt group.
>>
>>7806474
>corrupt
not an absolute, pleb
there are degrees of corrupt, surprise
those corporations are at the top of the list
Lrn2quantify
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.