[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Meet the next Einstein
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 10
File: Sabrina-Gonzalez-Pasterski.jpg (32 KB, 630x457) Image search: [Google]
Sabrina-Gonzalez-Pasterski.jpg
32 KB, 630x457
Why weren't you the next Einstein /sci/
>>
>>7804348
There is something evil in her face. I think it's the combination of eyes, eyebrows and mouth. Something about her physiognomy tells me she's a psychopath.
>>
Because I'm stupid, why else?
>>
>>7804348
b/c the media doesn't understand that doing minor work in some niche QG field isn't the same thing as creating GR
>>
>>7804356
She looks like Kylo Ren's sister.
>>
>>7804348
>Einstein is a man
>man has a penis
>woman claimed next Einstein
>woman has a penis
>woman with penis=trap
>Q.E.D
I'm sure the LGBTP community must be thrilled
>>
>>7804348
Because the scientific establishment is hiding the truth and censoring my groundbreaking research by means of "pear review".
>>
>>7804366
This would have been more incredible if the "peer review" actually meant anything.
>>
>>7804371
It does though. Think of all the piles of shit that get uploaded to unrestricted places like vixra.
>>
>>7804348
what did she plagiarize ?
>>
Says you, OP, I'm th fucking Beethoven of shitposting.
>>
>>7804380
My heart
>>
She's just a latina. Her work is really subpar and she's in string theory which is a dead fucking field. Everyone moved to dark matter/energy. This is just the media hyping her reputation because of her skin color. She's just like other engineers/scientists her age.
>>
>>7804393
>she's in string theory which is a dead fucking field.
>Everyone moved to dark matter/energy.

Topkek. I bet you heard that from Sheldon
>>
>>7804393
> she's in string theory

No she isn't. Skim her papers, they are on topics related to Asymptotic safety. Which is a different approach to QG.
>>
>>7804396
Who is Sheldon? If you ever studied physics at the university level you would know string theory is not a popular subject among professionals. It reached a dead end in the past decade. New data showed what string theorist tried to prove was coming from data matter/energy. You should also research the debate among those who disagree on suppersymmetry while you're at it.
>>
>>7804400
I did a lot of her papers are on string theory or its variations. You can do String theory approach to OG, but that's been done in the past. I don't understand why every young person goes into ST. A lot of professionals don't like it because it showing that its more alchemy than science. We also won't know anything until the ILC is build and we can test some of Einstein theories in a lab. I'm an applied guy so I have a hesitation against theorists. Half of the time they're wrong.
>>
>>7804411
http://arxiv.org/find/hep-th/1/au:+Pasterski_S/0/1/0/all/0/1

There are not String Theory papers. You can easily tell they are some variation of canonical QG.
>>
File: 1453339333134.gif (4 KB, 452x523) Image search: [Google]
1453339333134.gif
4 KB, 452x523
>>7804356
>>
>>7804427
>http://arxiv.org/find/hep-th/1/au:+Pasterski_S/0/1/0/all/0/1
I am in her website. She has more papers there. The five on this page are on OG and the possibility of higher dimension than 4D which is found within GR.
>>
>>7804356
Her eyes remind me of Saruman from LotR
>>
She's doing everything right now. Which is typical of PhD students. I see string, QG, QFT, and QED. She's most likely going to end up doing something with QG and string. She talks a lot about S-matrix which is only found within QM and ST. She wants know if there is higher dimension than 4 which is what Einstein proved 100 years ago. Bascially she's joining in the race to understand gravity. I've yet to see anything new, but let see if she does anything new. Otherwise she'll end up like the others. Debating others why they're wrong and she's right. Its ashamed I've seen a lot intelligent people just go down this route because their work can't be proved without laboratory experiments. I am an engineer, so I've seen a lot in my time.
>>
>>7804348
I am not impressed. Her daddy was an electrical engineer and businessman. He most likely deprived her of TV and entertainment for most of her life and forced her into becoming an engineering nerd. I bet she's socially awkward as fuck and only does what her daddy tells her to do. Einstein is the real deal. His parents didn't force him into doing anything. Einstein didn't just read a bunch of textbooks, he pioneered new fields. That girl is an autist. Also, she's cuban. LOL. She's not even a member of the Jewish master race. And she's a female too. Come on /sci/, you can do better than this.

You can say I am jealous if you want, but all I am saying is that if I was raised in a rich family with a daddy who taught me everything, I would have become an academic monkey as well.
>>
>>7804493
money buys everything. Also Einstein did read a lot of textbooks. They were math and philosophy. Einstein just found a problem with gravity because of Riemann mathematics. That's how he created SR/GR. Also she only applied to Harvard and MIT. Look at her Scientific American interview. I get parental pressure vibe from her. So if daddy did force to do everything, than she is an autist and a secret slut.
>>
File: Ahmed Mohammed TIME.jpg (1012 KB, 1237x1600) Image search: [Google]
Ahmed Mohammed TIME.jpg
1012 KB, 1237x1600
>>7804493
mate, everyone is genius if you've got the right connections and a bit of dosh
>>
>>7804500
Topkek this. Everyone can be a "genius" if your parents are rich and have connections.
>>
>>7804493
>>7804497

Have either of you ever met someone with autism? What makes you think she's autistic? She seems like every other determined/ high achiever I've met, seen and read about, not in the least bit autistic.
>>
>>7804497
Daddy's little girl is always a slut. I can't wait until she finally stops being a virgin nerd. Once the right male comes along and feeds her the correct dick, she'll realize she threw away most of her life being daddy's puppet. She will then pursue a major in political science and realize that math/science is for males.

She could also end up being a perma-virgin.
>>
>>7804510
Autistic means you're only focus one task and don't have social skills. Which is very common with people like her. I've met determined kids like her, and they're often weird and can't do much else beside their specialty. This is where the meme of geniuses can't tie their shoes or talk to people comes from. A real genius is someone like Feynman, who wasn't autistic nor weird.
>>
>>7804517
I doubt she's a virgin, statistically speaking. A lot of intelligent women are dominant leaning so she can be into BDSM. But studies done at elite colleges found kids do have less sex there. They're more focus on their work. Which most later regret.
>>
>>7804510
I am not 100% sure if she is an autistic, but I am positive she is daddy's little girl. Meaning that she does everything to please him. Also, I highly doubt she would have been so successful without the help of her upbringing. Most cubans do not have parents with electrical engineering backgrounds.

Donald Trump once said that he had a tough life. His dad only gave him a "million dollar" loan when he was a teenager. Times were rough according to Trump.
>>
>>7804518
>Autistic means you're only focus one task and don't have social skills.

It's like I'm on Urban Dictionary.
>>
She's also a world class musician apparently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2JItztgvUs
>>
>>7804348
I'm the next next. Be patient.
>>
>>7804551
>wastes time with performing arts
>Builds her identity around her gender. (Physics girl ffs).

Einstein status revoked. Ahmed is still on top.
>>
>>7804564
Was your daddy a rich and successful person who taught you everything? Or are you a self taught person.
>>
>>7804551
>world class musician
>repeats the same lyrics over a repeating piano chord progression

yeah that was garbage
>>
>>7804348
Can anyone please measure the traits," next Albert Einstein ? How exactly are these traits measure? Any single time an article has next Albert Einstein, it's almost an attempt to lure in readers.
>>
>>7804576
OP's thread is no different. He used that title to lure us in. The truth is, there are very few Einsteins so saying such a thing is silly. There's more lottery winners than Einsteins. Einsteins only occur once or twice per century. I personally define Einstein as a genius of the geniuses. We would have been wise to clone him. We simply chopped his brain up and ran test on it in various labs. Imagine what the world would look like today if we cloned 10,000 Einsteins.

These math monkeys that get their PhDs at early ages aren't geniuses to me. They never amount to anything. I wish the media would stop reporting on them.
>>
>>7804566
>implying you don't identify as a gender
>>
>>7804602
I do but I don't call myself 'mathguy' or whatever.

I too have an 'internet persona' because I publish a couple of things and I don't identify myself with my gender in that.

99.9% of people do not put their gender on their fucking screen names.

At this point lets just make our internet names
>chemistryblackcisgenderstraightfemale
>physicsbrownmuslimjihadtransexualmale
>>
>>7804602
I sexually identify as a pseudo-Riemannian Manifold. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of having my own non-degenerate, smooth, symmetric metric. People say to me that a person being a pseudo-Riemannian Manifold is impossible and I’m fucking retarded but I don’t care, I’m beautiful. I’m having a plastic surgeon install tangent spaces, geodesic lines and vector fields on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me “M” and respect my right to be defined purely from my intrinsic geometry. If you can’t accept me you’re a maniphobe and need to check your geometric privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.
>>
Wood study her black holes.
>>
>>7804493
Einstein's daddy was also an EE and businessman...
>>
>>7804663
But Einstein was a man, which means he didn't have the privilege of affirmative action to have an easy pass into college, like this girl because of female quotas.

In fact, Einstein was even denied acceptance at a university the first time he applied. If he was a girl today, because of female quotas, he could have gotten in right away.
>>
File: 1430310779576.jpg (12 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1430310779576.jpg
12 KB, 400x400
>>7804500
>THE BROWN EFFECT
>>
>>7804669
>was a man, which means he didn't have the privilege

kek
>>
File: 1442266044467.png (172 KB, 432x391) Image search: [Google]
1442266044467.png
172 KB, 432x391
>>7804497
>>7804517
>>7804525
WHAT THE FUCK. AM I. READING.

>autist
>secret slut
>daddys little girl
>virgin nerd
>perma virgin
>intelligent women are dominant
>BDSM

this thread feels like a god damn gossip website ruled by monkeys on heroin
>>
>>7804724
lol
>>
>>7804724
Welcome to 4chan. If you thought this website was something else than you're the biggest retard in this thread.
>>
>>7804724
Hi femanon. Did we offend you? Are you denying that being born in a nice upbringing is not useful? I don't know if you've done your homework on this girl but she clearly says she built stuff "for her father". In other words, she did stuff to please daddy. If that doesn't sound like a daddy's girl then I don't know what is. If Einstein created the theory of relatively to please mommy then it would be fair to call him a momma's boy.

This girl is not a genius. She was raised by smart parents and they taught her advanced stuff. Show me someone who doesn't come from that background and I'll be impressed. You probably think Trump is an impressive businessman. His daddy only loaned him "one million" when he was a teenager. Poor Trump only had a million to work with when he started his first business but he pulled through. Trump is amazing!
>>
>>7804715
Show me the thousands of economic assistance for university that target only men.

Show me the male quotas in universities.

There are none. Meanwhile, if you want, I can bombard you with economic aid aimed ONLY at women and the female quotas that every university fills.

Or you can keep denying and telling yourself that women are not privileged in academia.
>>
>>7804754
>*General relativity
Typo.
>>
>>7804548
My 60 year old professor uses autistic in them connotation.

Congrats you are literally less cultured and up to date than a 60 year old academic.
>>
>>7804757
I don't know the numbers but aren't females in the majority in colleges? If anything, shouldn't there be more affirmative action for males.

Also, I always hated the concept of affirmative action until I went to silicon valley and realized it was overrun with asians. Can we please get some affirmative action for anyone who isn't asian at some of the top tech companies. It felt like I was in an asian country when I first stepped on Google's campus. Whites were in the top executive positions but in general were a minority. I'd say at Google it was 45% indians and 40% east asians. Asians are try-hards who game the academic system and tap dance their way into silicon valley. Despite the fact that universities have shit on asians in every way possible they are still taking over. tl;dr can we get some affirmative action for white males at Google, Amazon, Microsoft, etc...
>>
>>7804364
I was thinking the exact same thing
>>
>>7804786
>I don't know the numbers but aren't females in the majority in colleges?

yes. funny little fact, because so many more women have degrees than men, there is actually a shortage of men in the professional dating pool.

women don't date across educational boundaries.
>>
File: n725075089_288918_2774.jpg (45 KB, 533x594) Image search: [Google]
n725075089_288918_2774.jpg
45 KB, 533x594
>>7804366
>pear review
no wonder you're not getting anywhere.
>>
>>7804753
been here since november mate
>>
>>7804792

well memed friend
>>
>>7804786
You'll never have pro white male affirmative action forget it.

If you are really better than the Asians then prove it. Find your own startup. Apple and IBM didn't spawn out of thin air. You won't break into the silicon market, but then again finding a nice market is the challenge in the first place.
>>
>>7804836
I already know I am superior to those academic monkeys who game the system. I interned at Google over the summer but I have no interest in working there. I will create my own company. I just wish they did something about their hiring process.
>>
>>7804874
>hiring process

Asians score the highest in all tests, even IQ tests. They deserve those jobs and obviously they get hired because big companies want the best talent there, so that the best talent does not go to their competitors. It is simple logic.

Unfortunately, this 'logic' only applies to asians. Nobody fucks with the asians. However, white people are always the second in all tests, including IQ. But people don't give a fuck about this.

Black people and everyone else will demand affirmartive action to get ahead of white people, even though they show they are inherently better at these tasks. But no one messes with the asians for some reason.

If you ask me, it is not only the academic game the asians are winning, also the social one. They are literally the privileged demographic and yet nobody bothers them. White people get literally all the shit and they are just the second (and by a big difference, from asians).
>>
>>7804938
>Asians score the highest in all tests, even IQ tests. They deserve those jobs
what am i reading
>>
>>7804599
>Imagine what the world would look like today if we cloned 10,000 Einsteins.

Not that much different because intelligence depends on environment as well as genetics? His singular creativity and drive probably wouldn't translate no matter how closely you try to replicate his genes.
>>
>>7804365
Wasn't it LGBTO?
>>
>giving a fuck about the person behind the publications
>taking the media seriously
Stop being so buttmad
>>
File: 1450962280753.png (39 KB, 321x322) Image search: [Google]
1450962280753.png
39 KB, 321x322
>>7804789

>women don't date across educational boundaries.

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/nov/10/dating-gap-hook-up-culture-female-graduates

Not that anon but I'm a bit familiar with this situation and it seems the women will ultimately have no choice but to date across educational boundaries, as a matter of fact it's stated in the link above that such tendencies (high education female x low educated male) has increased over the past few decades. Although this may simply come from the fact more women are going to college in general.

Regardless of this, the bitch tears being shed by anons about affirmative action for women might prove to (assuming these same anons are college educated) be a boon for them since they get the pick of the litter more now. But I've also heard anons express interest in non-western females because of cultural values too.

Either way more women will date lower educated men because they no choice or a sudden unexpected increase of lesbians occur.

>>7804938

You are right that they do deserve those jobs but that doesn't mean they are the "best" it just means they meet or exceed all the qualifications "by the books". Which is a problem because their culture and education system tends to tailor them for such testing so it's hard to discern between a asian/ indian who is specifically best for the job because they excel in in the subject or the testing of said subject. Which believe it or not there is a difference between the two.

But unlike the anon you arguing with I don't hate on asians for this since it's the system incorporated by companies that allow for this. In other words, don't hate the player hate the game.
>>
>>7804348
>>7804356
I'm calling it now. she is the beginning of the end of the world.
>>
>>7805009
I am saying that asians show to be objectively smarter.

They score the highest in high school grades, SATs, university grades and even IQ tests.

They seem to be, inherently more fit to perform intellectually demanding jobs. That is why I say, it is no wonder that they would be the ones getting hired by the giants.
>>
>>7804364
Holy sssshit that's accurate
>>
>>7804386
So nothing worthy eh?
>>
>>7805123
>I am saying that asians show to be objectively smarter.
says who? your stupid iq test?

>They score the highest in high school grades, SATs,
SAT is for the US only. school grades dont mean shit, IQ tests dont mean shit

>They seem to be, inherently more fit to perform intellectually demanding jobs.
where do you get all that data? is there an inspector that checks how fit people are for their jobs? i dont think so.
>>
File: Lolocaust.gif (5 KB, 267x240) Image search: [Google]
Lolocaust.gif
5 KB, 267x240
>>7804366
>>
>>7805130
>says who? your stupid iq test?
Says the tables that calculate the average scores across races.

>SAT is for the US only
Yeah but every country has their standarized test to give students. Most of the times, every university has their own. Unfortunately, the research has not gone this far.

> school grades dont mean shit
Oh I see. You are a special snowflake who gets Ds but you are oh so smart. Like, really smart, it is just you are too lazy to get high grades. Yeah yeah, keep stroking it sperg.

>IQ tests dont mean shit
IQ means what it is meant to test. It tests pattern recognition and puzzle solving skills, which in turn makes it a good test for chess. Puzzle solving is very similar to problem solving and pattern recognition is very important high level maths/science.

But I know right? You are really good at these things but you have an IQ of 70 so obviously the test is flawed, not yourself. You special snowflake tumblrina.

I get my data from simple research. A good example is here:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-A-_5w-BKJhE/VEJY6on3tiI/AAAAAAAABEM/DxA90dIvsrk/s1600/iq%2Brace%2Bsat%2B2014%2Bsat-act%2Bcomposite.png

Unfortunately it also covers gender but what can we do in this social justice warrior america.

Also, how do you think corporations hire?

Do you think they sit down with you, give you some hot chocolate and then politely ask you to tell them about how good you are? Fuck that, they see grades and work experience. Nobody cares about your special snowflake 'hidden talents' that 'can't be graded by the SAT'.
>>
>>7804636
Well at least in /sci/ we can get joys of high level shitposting.
>>
>>7805123
IQ test are clearly bullshit. Asians out perform whites on IQ test and grades but look at the history of mankind. Almost everything in the last hundred of years was invented by whites. Those silicon valley companies are based upon white inventions. There is clearly something flawed in our testing system. Also, what's the deal with India? Indians do so well here in silicon valley but if you visit India it looks like a 3rd world shithole.

With all of this said, I am not being racist against Asians. The most brilliant people I've met have been asians, but I am simply saying that there is something our test is not showing. They are without a doubt brilliant people, but something is off.
>>
>>7805166
> Almost everything in the last hundred of years was invented by whites

Not true, you are only aware of 'white' science. China and japan both do heavy research, which is at the same level of american and european research. You are just not looking at the big picture.

>white inventions
Are you listening to yourself

>The big companies in america were founded by white americans!

No shit sherlock. I bet the big companies in asia were started by asians. To continue with my main point, there are also big asian software companies. Again, you have the delusion that only american companies exist.

>what's the deal with India?
I don't know man. Affirmative action?

>t there is something our test is not showing
Yeah, and that something is your amazing emotional talents! We need an SAT that covers our emotions and feelings too!
>>
>>7804636
>you’re a maniphobe and need to check your geometric privilege

kek
>>
File: Study.jpg (2 MB, 3172x2709) Image search: [Google]
Study.jpg
2 MB, 3172x2709
>>7804366
>tfw somehow didn't pass pear review
Corruption, I tell you
>>
>>7805078
naw its LGBTFO
>>
>>7805078
Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transexual Pansexual
>>
This is some /b/ tier thread right here
>>
>>7805153
>Says the tables that calculate the average scores across races.
cool. I'd like to meet that table.

>Yeah but every country has their standarized test to give students
have you ever taken one of those? I remember in elementary school when our teacher suddenly changed subjects completely and got us ready for those tests. they were manipulated. Now think what it's like in asia, probably even worse. they'll train their students for weeks just to get good scores on that test. its false

>Oh I see. You are a special snowflake who gets Ds but you are oh so smart. Like, really smart, it is just you are too lazy to get high grades. Yeah yeah, keep stroking it sperg.
kek. me and another student in my class have the same grades in english. he can't even get one complete sentence together, i almost speak english fluently. everyone agrees that my english is vastly superior to his. explain that to me.

>IQ means what it is meant to test. It tests pattern recognition and puzzle solving skills
Life is a puzzle, I see.

>which in turn makes it a good test for chess
chess. god damn chess. what's the point of being good at chess

>Puzzle solving is very similar to problem solving and pattern recognition is very important high level maths/science.
so youre saying that smart people are good at maths and science. what about artists? can those people not be smart? beethoven was believed to have a very high IQ too. do you think he was good at solving puzzles and maths? I dont think so.

>You are really good at these things but you have an IQ of 70
from all IQ tests that I have taken, my IQ varried by 40 points. very inaccurate. and it was never below 100 btw. i happen to be very good at maths

>I get my data from simple research. A good example is here:
>research
>googling a graph

>Also, how do you think corporations hire?
You dont know how corporations hire, dont even start there

>they see grades
maybe in your country

>and work experience
first time youre right
>>
I'm not a black queer demimagigirl who graduated HS at age -7
>>
>>7805166

Have you ever considered that there is nothing "off" with the test but with models in which the test are based off?

Besides western models of testing taking several cues from Imperial Examinations from east asia, it's very possible that by culture/training or by genetics people can in fact become proficient at testing as if it testing was a subject in on itself.

Just like numeracy and reading if it's enforce to the point that portions of the of the population are "selected out" because they are shit at it then it stands to reason that doing the same with testing could work too. And guess which regional populations have a extensive history of testing? That's right, the east asians. So it stands to reason that they would in fact be very good at doing test since they've made it their business for over a thousand years.
>>
Look at any top 30 ranked university. Pick any random math/physics/theoretical computer science department. Now pick a random 3rd-4th year graduate student. Now pick a random paper by them. You just found a """"genius"""". She isn't unique when you compare her to other graduate students at top programs.
>>
>>7804636
Thats it. Time to get my ass out of bed and study.
>>
>>7805183
You are clearly an Asian. You have a dog in this race so your words can't be taken seriously.

The first modern computer chip: whites
The first programming language: whites
The first website: whites
The first Laptop, nuke, monitor, smart phone, phone, car, animation, moonlanding, calculus, missile, TV, airplane, lightbulb, movie, etc... All invented by whites. I don't know what asian propaganda you've been reading but everything of importance was invented by whites. You would have to go back very far to talk about important stuff from non-whites such as "algebra and printing" but other than that everything is invented by whites. If the IQ test were remotely important then why wouldn't asians have more contributions to the human race. They clearly out perform us whites in these "test" do they not. With all that said, I am not saying Asians aren't brilliant. I am just saying there is something flawed in our measurement systems when one race disproportionately holds claim to all of the inventions. I am of corse conveniently leaving jews out of this conversation. Jews do have the highest IQ and also the most contributions as a percentage of their population. Asians have a lot of catching up to do.

Also, don't compare asian companies or hell, even European companies to American companies. There is only one sillicon valley on this Earth. There's no company in Asia or Europe that can compete with Google, Apple, and Microsoft. The closest thing Asia has I suppose is Samesung and Sony. Meh.
>>
I am shitting red hot fire. God damn HEB salsa.
>>
>>7805272
blacks made peanutbutter
>checkmate atheist!
>>
>>7805272
Lots of those were jews, not whites
>>
>>7805272
All the things you listed were invented by kim jon un.

>Samsung
Has as much market share as apple, globally.
>Sony
Literal giant. It is a company that owns companies that own companies. It is literally everywhere.
>Meh.

For you that is meh? Now the only way I can justify your thoughts is by some bullshit patriotism and some light racism.

If you think a huge company like Sony is meh then you have some weird perception problems.
>>
>>7805183
>which is at the same level of american and european research
Kekno, your output per capita is a fucking joke, it's not even 10% of American output and China has a shitton of issues in its academia with low quality paper splitting, not that the West doesn't have this issue in the soft sciences too.
>>
>>7805283
>literal giant
>>
>>7805282
That is true. Also, I apologize for turning this thread into stormfront 2.0, but if we are talking about IQ test then someone please explain to me how Asians beat us in IQ test yet don't have 1/10th as much contributions to mankind.
>>
>>7805282
>using Jewism as a race
Wtf
>>
>>7805293
Asian technology and innovation stagnated sometime during the middle ages I believe.
>>
>>7805257
>top 30
Not even. I promise you you will find similar publications in any grad-school top 5% word-wide (a number in the thousands I believe). You can see this from all the third-world departmetns post in the same journals.
>>
>>7805280

Blacks made a number things but the average /sci/ anon can't be ask to research them.

But that's besides anonvs point, his point which he should be using western eurasians instead just "whites" is that in proportion to IQ east asians are under performing in academic contributions which makes how we view IQ as flawed.

Which I agree with to some extent though it's more the model not test since I think the test are doing their job in "accessing" certain traits. It's just so happen it's not the ones people originally thought it was for which I've been stating for a while on /sci/.
>>
>>7805283
Whoa, is that the best response you can muster up. You're not even going to try to bring me a list of modern inventions by asians. Okay.

Also, let's not get into a debate over Apple vs Samesung please. Apple is the hottest company on earth right now. Samsung lost the smart phone war last year and will never recover. Apple is the world's most valuable company. Market share alone doesn't tell the full story about the iPhone's success. In terms of profit from smart phones it is all Apple. It only cost them $200 to manufacture iPhones yet they sell them for $600 - $900. The iPhone alone is worth more than all of Microsoft. Apple is swimming in the doe.
>>
>>7805282
Not really Konrad Zuse invented most of the things he listed and he could not be of a pure blooded German if he was an SS breeder baby. Looking at everything on that list it's mostly whites, calc., the inventions etc.

Jews contributed mostly to theory.
>>
>>7805309
>east asians are under performing in academic contributions
They're kind of underperforming in all areas. Military strength. Influence in the world. Inventions. GDP.

Someone mentioned Samsung as an example of Asia's success. A company that copied the iPhone and put an American operating system (Android) on it. Do a 360 view of whatever is in front of you right now. Literally everything is by whites. Your laptop, its processor, your operating system, your web browser, the language your computer software was coded in. All white inventions. Simply saying that Asians are falling behind is an understatement. This is just proof that test are bullshit. IQ does not show anything.
>>
>>7805332
Did whites invent clear glass? Wasn't that semites. I think I have a non-white invention stiting on my desk...
>>
The Asians are smart thing is the most obvious case of selection bias ever. Huge populations and only the best and brightest make it over here to America.

IQ data is also heavily skewed out of Asian. They aren't giving rice farmers IQ tests.
>>
>>7805343
You better throw that hot potato out through the window
>>
>>7805347
Already done, replacing all my glassware with polymerics tommorow.

A superior material anyway, doesn't break you knock it over.
>>
>>7805344
I think that also explains why african americans are so disproportionately bad. With slavery you had a mass migration of people. African Americans are not the descendants of people who wanted to come to America to better their lives. They are not true immigrants in that regard. African Americans have the lowest graduation attainment rates, yet Nigerians Americans have the highest graduation attainment rates. The difference is that one is an immigrant and the other is a forced-immigrant.

The Asians that are running silicon valley are 1st or 2nd generation immigrants. They are hungry for success. Anybody who is willing to migrate to a distant land to better their lives have better genetics than those who stayed behind. If you were to do an IQ test of mainland China (i.e., the poor farmers) you would get much worse results.
>>
>>7805344

I'd argue the "asians are smart" is somewhat truthful but misdirected in them being "good" at math which relative to whites they are not. Engineering wise they are, testing wise they are, philosophy wise they but that's it.

>>7805332

Well to be fair in areas like military strength and international policies internal politics fucked them up royally.

China, Korea and Japan could have expanded themselves much farther at earlier periods in history but they didn't and it cost them dearly. Also Japan going genocide on ethnic chinese in China during ww2 didn't help either in terms of economic cooperation with east asia.

Japan may as well be considered a "western power" since it's modern alignments with countries such as Germany and America makes all their contributions beneficial to the West more than the East. Ironically enough it's also been Japan who has made the bulk of modern east asian contributions academics wise.
>>
>>7805389
Nigerian immigrants are pretty based in my experience. They have a stellar work ethic too.
>>
>>7805392
Are we seriously going to pretent that Japan isn't an American client state? The SK-Japan-China racism triangle is propogated by the CIA to undermine the region.
>>
>>7805392
Korea would probably be on par with Japan if not for the North Korean debacle. Imagine if Japan was split in half and only the south of Japan actually contributed anything to their society. Korea has a huge handicap. Cough...communism.
>>
What the fuck is going on in this thread?
>>
>>7805417
But you can't look at it like that. For all intents and purposes they are two separate countries, right? There is no holding back
>>
>>7805407

While I personally can't say if or if not Japan is a client state setup by the CIA, I can say Japan's economy has benefited both Germany and America for quite a while now.
>>
>>7805420
Sexism, racism. AKA elitism. This is what happens when you start a thread about a "female Einstein". The threat of a dominate female makes us insecure.
>>
>>7805420

Meme bait was outed for what it really was and has moved on to something else.
>>
Somehow this thread devolved into an argument over whether whites or Asians are superior. But here's one question I have. China's average IQ is supposedly 101. Meanwhile, India is at 82. Why is it then that there are as many high achieving Indians alive as there are those from the Chinese nation? Why is the greatest Chinese mathematician of modern times, Shiing-Shen Chern, a mental midget compared to Srinivasa Ramanujan? Something about these IQ tests is not telling the full picture.
>>
>>7805627
>what is caste system
also
>assuming china allows anyone not chinese to know about how their peasants score

It's like you probably think that Chinese are all pretty attractive, thin, and otherwise more healthy than [insert wherever here] -- that's because you're not allowed to see the fat, toothless ones.
>>
>>7805627
IQ test are kind of like power levels in anime. They are bullshit.
>>
>>7805635
>what is caste system

To be fair, being a brahmin does not make you well off. Uttar Pradesh has a large proportion of brahmins, and it is easily the shittiest part of India, in more than one meaning.
>>
>>7805636
That's because I can hide my true power level. It's quite big, bit only if I want it to be, honest. That's the reason I fail most of these tests.
>>
>>7804348
Maybe I am and I just don't know that yet...
Just kidding, I'm too stupid and lazy, that why.
>>
>>7805650
> I'm too stupid and lazy
Rarely do I see someone admitting it. There is great wisdom in self knowledge
>>
>>7805650
>>7805656
It can be argued there's a lot of stupidity in being a math prodigy. All the work and effort it takes to get that good at math at such an early age is kind of dumb. She's probably going to regret throwing away her childhood. She'll probably end up suffering the same issues that child stars go through. Just think about it, while other girls her age were out shopping at malls and getting finger banged by older boys, she was being a "mature adult/nerd" at MIT. She will probably suffer the same mental issues that Michael Jackson went through. She'll then get sued for molesting little boys.
>>
>>7805679
Not really, people like that adapt viewpoints about life that accommodate their choices, or lackthereof.

More likely she'll get a sort of superiority complex and only deign to get fingerbanged under the bleachers by the greatest modern poets and thespians and sexy astronauts, ect.

Michael Jackson was not very intelligent and he was an entertainer and hung out with nobody but other entertainers. Totally different mentality and subculture there.

After all, these Asian kids who are endlessly hounded by their parents to excel at everything usually don't just degenerate into weirdos. They go become the heads of HOAs and open liquor stores and make everyone else miserable.
>>
>>7804348
I always get a pang of jealousy/anger when I read about people like her, accomplishing so much so early while I'll very likely die not having accomplished anything of note.
>>
>>7805701
I get angry and jealous too until I read about their upbringing. Her daddy is an electrical engineer and successful businessman. He taught her everything she knows.

I by contrast had a deadbeat father who abandoned me when I was 3 years old. And my mom got arrested for prostitution. So yeah, I came from nothing yet I am still kicking ass.
>>
File: 1453593909441.jpg (31 KB, 575x523) Image search: [Google]
1453593909441.jpg
31 KB, 575x523
>>7805691

> Michael Jackson was not very intelligent and he was an entertainer and hung out with nobody but other entertainers. Totally different mentality and subculture there.
>implying the fucker had a choice

Michael Jackson was the entertainment equivalent of a child soldier, the guy had his life stolen from him at the age of 5. His father, siblings and most adults in his life turn him into a dancing puppet for money and it fucking worked like gang busters.

He was doomed from the get go, the situation with Micheal is incomparable. At least this woman and these asian kids we speak of had the illusion of choice, Michael had no choice and honestly his case is one few times I'd say the government should have stepped in and put him in a ward for his own protection.

His situation was probably the closest thing the west has had to a "modern" human sacrifice. Born to a below middle class family and died as a broken divorce multi-millionaire. Yeah blacks gain respect in mainstream entertainment, Sony, Motown and other music companies made billions off of him and the world got some good pieces of music but it required an active sacrifice.

May the math gods have mercy on us.
>>
I'm 22 and am a Ph.D candidate in Computer Science thanks to early college entrance - why am I not featured in Scientific American?
>>
>>7806216
youre not a woman
>>
>>7804348
Genetics.
>>
>>7805627
>Compares rare genius/savant tier abilities to above average talent
Pretty unfair of you senpai.
>>
>>7804348
>Why weren't you the next Einstein /sci/
anyone touted as 'the next' anything isn't shit
>>
>>7805627
I think the other Anon is right. China has a bias for their testing. Their rural population is probably just as retarded as India, all their best kids get sent to the metro areas.

China's real IQ is probably far below 100.
>>
>>7804348
i want to vs her at Hive, it's a good game for seeing who's more da brains
>>
>>7804348
>Why weren't you the next plagiarizing low IQ pleb who failed at babby's first differential geometry and was so pathetic that he married hiw own cousin /sci/?
Well, I just happen to be a successful and intelligent guy.
>>
>>7804348
Because of a trampoline accident that involved my frontal lobe being bashed really hard against my childhood trampoline. Well at least I can program. I'm not entirely useless.
>>
>>7805224
no, p is for pedos, time to accept them
>>
>>7805945
At least he died as a true star. I still remember when he died. Literally everyone at uni and work was talking about it. There was probably only 3 other humans that could have died in that year that could have generated a bigger global news story (obama, the pope, ?). The sad thing is, he probably didn't even want to be a star though. That is the life that was chosen for him.

I wonder if Micheal Jackson was truly talented or if he was simply a product of his upbringing. His dad engineered him into being a star. Being a star is all he knew.
>>
>>7806826
Be more tolerant. And please check your cisgender privs.
Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.