[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok lets brainstorm this /sci/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: Ert_+_citadel_-_control_1.png (593 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Ert_+_citadel_-_control_1.png
593 KB, 1280x720
Suppose NASA did actually find out that advanced alien life in our solar system existed, would they REALLY want to disclose the truth to the public?

Would they really?

I mean, consider the geopolitical, economical, religious and social impact here.

Be honest /sci/.
>>
>>7803975
of course they would you massive queer

brainstorm my dick, faggot
>>
>>7803975
Pretty much everyone working at NASA is passionate about space exploration. The massive hike in public support and financing would be too much to pass up on. I really don't think you can tell NASA to just 'keep it quiet' when they discover alien live.
>>
oh look, yet another WHAT IF AYLIUMS thread

>>>/x/
>>
File: aliens.jpg (155 KB, 880x589) Image search: [Google]
aliens.jpg
155 KB, 880x589
There would be panic in the streets and alot of bloodshed if we reveal it to the masses too quickly... this is the Agreement for helping them remain hidden from our primative cultures.
>>
>>7803975

I think that they wouldn't disclose it to the public.
>>
>>7803980
this.

The fact all it takes is just one tweet to spread like wildfire to millions of people, it would be literally impossible to prevent leaks, especially if its some pretty convincing visual or auditory evidence.
>>
>world chaos after finding out aliens exist

why does this meme exist?
>>
>>7804035
There would most likely be short-term chaos in the stock market due to the perceived uncertainty of trying to predict whether the advanced civilization out there would open up a gateway of untold riches of intergalactic trade... or whether they're just gonna come invade our planet.
>>
I would expect it would be done slowly. We would start at 'Tentative evidence of the possibility of life' and work our way up as we asserted what we were seeing.
>>
>>7804035
Well, once it is disclosed that they have a religion indistinguishable from, say, zen Buddhism, the entire Middle East would melt down in war.
>>
>>7804054
The sandniggers already in a war. When will the religion meme end
>>
File: NSS-corner.jpg (22 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
NSS-corner.jpg
22 KB, 480x480
>>7803975
>disclose the truth to the public?
Will not happen until something happens,
something leading to loss of control.
>>
File: feel everything.png (679 KB, 707x683) Image search: [Google]
feel everything.png
679 KB, 707x683
>>7803982
>>7804035
>>7804068

>EVERYTHINGS IS A MEME!!!
>>>>>>>>>>/x/

As expected of /sci/.
>>
>>7804068
Sure. However half of them are busy trekking to Europe than wage war. Yet.
>>
>>7804010
>There would be panic in the streets and alot of bloodshed

That's stupid. No there wouldn't.
>>
>>7804555
I can see radical religious sects starting to kill each other over what the aliens are, ie, if they're gods or not, who's gods they are, what god they worship if they aren't actually gods

The middle east would become a desolate flatland of glass if we were contacted by intelligent alien life tomorrow. I'd be willing to put money on that.
>>
there would be no reason not to actually. And i really don't think it would disrupt religions all that too much, considering how much doctrine can differ from original text.

What I would be more worried about is detecting a more advanced civilization's radio broadcasts/visual images/actually seeing a spaceship moving about from many lightyears away, because by the time that light/radio reaches us that civilisiation could be more powerful than we could imagine, and that could be dangerous for us we begin leaving earth and these aliens see us a threat to current territory.
>>
>>7803975
>advanced alien life in our solar system.

Anyone would be able to see it if it were in our solar system. NASA has the resources useful towards identifying anomalies far beyond our solar system, but every backyard astronomer for the past few thousands years has had the technology to spot advanced alien life within our solar system.
>>
>>7804578
No, all the religious sects already figured this out. The idea of alien life isn't new, they've all given it considerable thought. They'd just call them 'demons' and go about their business.
>>
>>7804578
there is no verse in the bible that says "Verily, I say unto you, aliens doth not exist."
>>
>>7804924
>past few thousand years
Telescopes weren't even a thing until the 1600s, let alone high quality ones. I'll assume you meant to write hundred.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.