[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how does charging batteries work
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: tmp_24927_461911711935279072.jpg (106 KB, 444x414) Image search: [Google]
tmp_24927_461911711935279072.jpg
106 KB, 444x414
Suppose you have multiple usb ports in a bus. You must connect them parallel, so that if one fails the other will work.
So the voltage on all the ports is the same, but the current will be lower.
Is a battery charges like a capacitor? The higher the current the faster it charges?
Why is there optimal voltage on batteries?
It has been a while since i studied physics in school so please explain this to me
>>
Bump for knowladge
>>
batteries. are. not. capacitors.

they use chemical process.

batteries have a resistance and are a voltage source.

plz google basic electronics
>>
>>7802052
I said similar to capacitor in the sense that the higher the current the faster it charges.
Maybe i didn't explain it clearly enough but still...
>>
File: Tesla_SOC_v_Time.png (11 KB, 507x427) Image search: [Google]
Tesla_SOC_v_Time.png
11 KB, 507x427
>>7801934
>The higher the current the faster it charges?
Yes.
But since it has an internal resistance you can't just go and pump the largest amount of current you can without any concern or you will run into overheating issues.

>Why is there optimal voltage on batteries?
What do you mean?
>>
>>7802181
Hmm, i see written on batteries some current and voltage. I guess that its the sort of best current and voltage to charge it with.
I see.
Thanks!
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.