[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/Sci/, what the hell is this notation? The first week of my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20160121_223516.jpg (19 KB, 720x535) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160121_223516.jpg
19 KB, 720x535
/Sci/, what the hell is this notation?

The first week of my Vibrations/Optics class, we get a basic math review. And most of it is literally middle-school tier.

Somehow I've gotten stuck on this. I've seen and used matrices before, but only in the case of augmented matrices for systems of linear equations, and I've never seen this kind of notation before.

What is this? I don't even need the answer, just the term to Google.

Thanks /sci/entists.
>>
determinant
>>
>>7801192
Determinant of a matrix?
Remember learning about Eigen Values?
Or about determinants?
>>
>>7801192
Take the determinant of those matrices and set them equal to the value given.
>>
>>7801213
>>7801201
Thanks. No idea how I didn't find that googling.
>>
>>7801192

what kind of middle school did you go to where they taught determinants of complex matrices?
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.