[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Philip Elliott memorial thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: story.png (499 KB, 673x946) Image search: [Google]
story.png
499 KB, 673x946
i didn't know philip

i hadnt heard of him until 2 days ago

but i dont think its right someone so hard done by can just disappear into the aether, i want someone to see this and maybe remember his name

RIP elliott
>>
File: memorial.png (367 KB, 1427x803) Image search: [Google]
memorial.png
367 KB, 1427x803
his facebook page wasnt updated last year
>>
File: 580 pounds.png (131 KB, 979x646) Image search: [Google]
580 pounds.png
131 KB, 979x646
five hundred and eighty stinking pounds for a human life
>>
File: philip elliot 2007.png (1 MB, 569x787) Image search: [Google]
philip elliot 2007.png
1 MB, 569x787
this was 6 years before his death
>>
File: Gallery.png (873 KB, 1844x845) Image search: [Google]
Gallery.png
873 KB, 1844x845
poor dad
>>
>>7782000
What a weird article how instead of leading by saying "so and so died", they immediately imply his less-than-ideal job choice led to this result. Did he say that? I don't have the whole article in front of me to see if he said that.
>>
>>7782015

Heres the article, as long as you dont mind giving the Daily Mail views

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2304096/Graduate-physics-PhD-31-fell-death-block-flats-taking-job-centre-qualified-for.html
>>
>>7782000
There's hundreds of PhDs who off themselves every year he's not special and you didn't just hear about it "two days ago" you're reposting shit to troll.
>>
>>7782000

Is there some way to find his PhD thesis? I cant seem to do it myself
>>
>>7782025

[citation needed]
>>
>>7782028
It didn't get published and Reading has since discontinued it's physics course, I think the only way to get your hands on it now would be to submit a request with the universities library and hope for the best.
>>
>>7782005
>It's something he would have supported and we could have seen him being involved in
What the fuck does that mean? If he didn't express support for it when he was alive then don't put words in the guy's mouth.
>>
>>7782079
If someone does this please post it on /sci/. You'll be a legend.
>>
I worked in a call center as a telemarketer for a while. It was the fucking worst. Every day I'd come home and my throat would be so sore that I couldn't speak.

That was a job that made me get my ass in gear real fast. I was going to school part time, but it made me realize that I wanted to spend my life using my degree, and not like all of these sad people I worked with, who were trying to raise a family on $10/hour.

One day I remember having someone hang up on me, and a little voice in my head said "you're wasting your time here". I quit pretty soon after.

If I'd worked my ass off for a PhD and that was the best job I could get I'd an hero too.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.