[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I go into Life Science (specifically gentech/biochem)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: spc.jpg (457 KB, 1400x788) Image search: [Google]
spc.jpg
457 KB, 1400x788
Should I go into Life Science (specifically gentech/biochem) if I want to research biological immortality and cell regeneration and maybe cure some diseases in my spare time?

Since Artificial Intelligence and robotics are growing rapidly I think it's time we advance biological intelligence, cell / organic regeneration techniques also to compete against the machines. Why should they have parts that are easily replaceable and we shouldn't ? My superb intelligence could help humanity in this aspect.

Or should I give up the flesh and go full computer/A.I/robotic mode in the hope I can upload my mind to a machine in the near future ?

In which field should I put my mind to great use ?

I don't like the fact I'll die one day I think it's rather dull, so I have to stop the process. I'm just deciding which field is more promising. I hope you can help. I don't think Grey's will want to help me achieve my goals so I have to do it myself or with other scientists.
>>
The fuck is life science?
That's medsci right?

That's if you want to examine stool samples for disease.

But I think you are overall mistaking science for wizardry.
>>
>>7751051
>The fuck is life science?
biology
>>
>>7751055
Why the shit didn't you just say biology then?

Oh wait, this is a troll thread anyway.
I need to start reading posts before responding to them.
>>
>>7751037
>my superb intelligence
You are not that intelligent and will never be a scientist.
>>
>>7751075
You only think in academical terms. I'm not OP but science is not a strict doctrine. Anyone can become a scientist by just doing experiments and researching stuff themselves. They don't neesescarily need to get a ''degree'' all though it can help. If you're deeply interested in the subject and if you have a cashflow you can selfstudy your way through the theoretical knowledge, even create your own laboratory and start experimenting with by putting the theoretical knowledge you have into practical knowledge.
>>
>>7751085
>create your own laboratory and start experimenting
Not unless he's a millionaire and willing to break the law.

Owning a low powered microscope and mixing cups of food colouring together doesn't count as a laboratory.

Also op doesn't want to be a scientist, he wants become immortal, not spend 15 years researching and developing a single set of chemical interactions only to to have it shot down before trials.
>>
>>7751085
>You only think in academical terms.
Where did I say anything about academics?

>I'm not OP but science is not a strict doctrine. Anyone can become a scientist by just doing experiments and researching stuff themselves.
Sure, but what you think of as research and experiments probably aren't research and experiments if they aren't in a professional lab. Academia doesn't define science but it is where science gets done.
>>
File: projector.jpg (67 KB, 800x502) Image search: [Google]
projector.jpg
67 KB, 800x502
>>7751108
>not spend 15 years researching and developing a single set of chemical interactions only to to have it shot down before trials.
>>
>>7751199
>implying that isn't true.

I pity all my professors.
Our most celebrated one developed a substance that slows the heart rate down.

In my first year everyone was all excited about it, talking it up, he got in the news and was the one to give the opening speech to inspire all us new biomed and medfags.

The great United States military took an interest in it for wounded soldiers, it was going to change heart surgery forever.

BAM. Shot down. No one gave a fuck.

All my other professors contributed nothing of substantial note over their entire careers. Only small things here and there, failed projects, ect, standard fair.

That's just the breaks.
>>
>>7751037
Sounds like pop-science is where you'd feel right ast home.
>>
>>7751037
hey if you ever figure out how to live forever will you hit me up with your devices? I dont want to die either.

Thanks in advance
>>
>>7751210
>what is a Beta Blocker
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.