[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Binaural beats?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: how-binaural-beats-work.jpg (86 KB, 400x214) Image search: [Google]
how-binaural-beats-work.jpg
86 KB, 400x214
Do they actually work or is it just a placebo? listened to a couple for a few hours

>I had a migraine desu

but after a little bit I got used to it felt a lot better
>>
>>7750787
It's not just a placebo, it's a relaxation thing. For example, whenever I go to get a haircut, half the time its so relaxing that I fall asleep, and when I listen to an ASMR thing thats all about getting your hair cut, I fall asleep.

If you got a migraine there is something wrong with the rack you were listening to.
>>
>>7750802
Yeah I think I was listening to them too loud desu I heard that can cause them also
>>
There're various parts of the brain affected differently by different types of stimulation, I'm unsure if auditory stimulation affects the whole brain and all of its parts. It'll cause some sort of permeation, so there's that.

Colors affect the brain in various ways. It helps to use this knowledge.
>>
>>7750828
So rapid flashing colors in a dark environment and some binaural beats will increase the effects then right?
>>
>>7750852
Rapid flashing lights would inhibit relaxation. Electronically generated light's inhibitory towards relaxation when viewed in rapid differing movements.

A colored lamp'd have salubrious effects; though that being dependent of the color which's chosen.
>>
>>7750866
That's pretty cool
>>
>>7750866
Do you know anything similar to this that can enhance the brain in any sort of way through stimulus like this specifically
>>
>>7750872
Aye, it be, laddy.
>>
>>7750879
Specific odors have positive or harmful effects. Peppermint's one of the best.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4103722/
>>
>>7750879
Sorry, wanted to choose the most scientific looking.

Here's one that's more relevant to the odor aspect of peppermint; though less /sci/entifically (if you know what I mean) reputable: http://www.naturalnews.com/034368_aromatherapy_peppermint_memory.html
>>
>>7750890
>>7750885
Wow thanks! I will be reading this, never knew peppermint had such a effect
>>
>>7750892
No problem, muchacho.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.