[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I want to emphasize that light comes in this form—particles.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: page3_1.jpg (106 KB, 480x365) Image search: [Google]
page3_1.jpg
106 KB, 480x365
>I want to emphasize that light comes in this form—particles. It is very important to know that light behaves like particles, especially for those of you who have gone to school, where you were probably told something about light behaving like waves. I'm telling you the way it /does/ behave—like particles.
>You might say that it's just the photomultiplier that detects light as particles, but no, every instrument that has been designed to be sensitive enough to detect weak light has always ended up discovering the same thing: light is made up of particles.

Based Feynman. Wavefags btfo.
>>
well yeah

all particles are condensed waveforms
>>
>>7750106
Sounds like he was specifically saying 'hey you people who think this is a wave, no, it's a particle'
>>
>>7750126
feynman didn't understand quantum, so I think it's a bit stupid (and retarded) to take his word for whatever he claims.

feynman has always been shit, and will always be.
pic is a reminder that feynman didn't understand shit about what he was saying.

particles are just waveforms.
>>
>>7750128
Sounds like you're just mad someone smarter than you is calling you a liar or crazy.
>>
>>7750128
he was talking about how difficult it is to reconcile the quantum model with the human intuition we're forced to view things through on our level

nobody has ever understood quantum mechanics by that metric. Except Dirac but he was fucking insane.
>>
>>7750132
Seriously it's pertty intuitive.
>>7750131
Sounds like you're mad because I'm destroying your idol using logic only.
>>
>>7750137
I don't even know shit about feynman, can't really be mad. He did come up with feynman diagrams though, so trying to say he didn't understand quantum mechanics is p. dumb

also I can tell shitposting when I see it anon, you're not going to convince me god is a triangle unless you step your game up
>>
File: 1448783840429.png (12 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
1448783840429.png
12 KB, 224x225
>>7750140
>I can tell shitposting when I see it anon
>>
>>7750063
it is a pity that feynman failed at philosophy. he could have avoided to pass as an undergraduate.
>>
>>7750140
>He did come up with feynman diagrams though
Those are really just graphical representations of terms in a perturbative expansion. While they are great and extremely useful, they really don't require a deep understanding of QM.
However, Feynman did do a lot of other things that do.
>>
>>7750063
>every instrument detects particles
... except the interferometer, which detects waves.
>>
wavefags are just shitposters brah

the buyout is real

wavefaggots BTFO on suicide watch
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.