[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How is the sun on fire if there is no oxygen in space?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 2015-12-27-22-50-24--117849489.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-27-22-50-24--117849489.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
How is the sun on fire if there is no oxygen in space?
>>
>>7748217
Space is actually an oxygen rich environment. It's alittle known secret kept to keep the common man from leaving earth. It actually supplies us with our oxygen as well.
>>
>>7748224
This. Have you not gotten your Free Thinking certificate in your uni yet? They teach you everything you need to know to prosper in science that was kept from you.
>>
>>7748217
Sun isn't in fire. On the sun is working fusion. Decomposition heavier elements to lighter elements. It doesn't need oxygen, it's not fire!
>>
>>7748217
>fusion
>Decomposition heavier elements to lighter elements

>FUSION
>HEAVIER ELEMENTS TO LIGHTER ELEMENTS

For fucks sake man. It is so obvious that you just saw minutephysics and got the terms mixed up. If you actually knew about physics you wouldn't make that mistake.

And no, don't said you just mixed up heavier and ligher because you even said decomposition. That makes no sense in the context of what is happening in the core of a star.
>>
>>7748488
>Sun isn't in fire.
It quite obviously is.
>>
>>7748524
Hot gas glows the same no matter if the source of heat is combustion or fusion.
>>
>>7748520
both are going on, fusion and decomposition of heavier elements into lighter ones
>>
>>7748217

Our sun is made of lava, lava can make things be on fire even with out oxygen. Just don't let it collide with a sun made of ice.
>>
>>7748217
It is plasma, not fire
>>
>>7748488
Thats fission anyway
>>
>>7748224
This is the correct answer to the given question.
>>
>>7748217
its cause the sun is made of oxygen and jesus lives in the middle and his love energy makes it become fire
>>
It's not actually on fire, it just looks like it because it's superheated gas.
>>
>>7748530
Blah blah blah look at me I know shit
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.