[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If the multiverse existed in which all possibilities have occurred
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6
File: derpdog.jpg (53 KB, 525x377) Image search: [Google]
derpdog.jpg
53 KB, 525x377
If the multiverse existed in which all possibilities have occurred in at least one universe then a universe would exist in which a being developed a way to travel through the multiverse and would have come here

Multiverse busted
>>
>>7746822
>If the multiverse existed in which all possibilities have occurred in at least one universe then a universe would exist in which a being developed a way to travel through the multiverse
Unless that's not possible.
>>
Except multiverse theory doesn't state that all possibilities have occurred, it states that there are infinite universes with infinite possibilities.
>>
multiverse =/= many-worlds
>>
File: 453.jpg (22 KB, 236x262) Image search: [Google]
453.jpg
22 KB, 236x262
>>7746822
dude infinite possibilities lmao
dude universe made from weed lmao
>>
>>7746822
think about this

if infinite universes exsist, that doesnt mean that every possibility has occured because there are still physical laws that delimit the possibilities. if time traveling for example is possible but the technology behind it so extreme complicated that the probability that a civilization archieves the technology is zero. the same goes for your thoughts
>>
>>7746822
>If the multiverse existed in which NOT all possibilities have occurred
Or
>if notvenough time has passed for all possibilities to have occurred

Than: multiverse saved
>>
I dont think time travel is possible at all, not in this dimension anyway. Think about it, we are travelling how fast through space, and its an estimate because we dont know how to find a point of reference that is perfectly still, so we could be travelling near the speed of light or thousands of miles a second, so if you went back in time like even an hour Earth would be long, long gone, and the assumption that we cant travel faster than the speed of light means time travel would be limited to very short time spans as well, keep in mind the universe has a limited lifespan untill it runs out of energy and just goes cold and black, even with infinite possibilities there are still physical laws that have to be obeyed :)
>>
>>7746822
Metamultiverse physics do not work like this
>>
>>7746822
All possibilities does NOT mean everything you can imagine. Also >>7746855
>>
File: nick-young-confused-face.jpg (40 KB, 505x431) Image search: [Google]
nick-young-confused-face.jpg
40 KB, 505x431
>>7746822
...How does this prove the multiversum is impossible?

I think this better proves that the act of TRAVELLING to the other universes is impossible. Other worlds could still exist if the travelling between them was impossible.

Also the whole idea of "there is a universe for every possible outcome" can really make your head spin:

>There's universes where someone can travel to other universes and wants to travel to our universe.
>then there should be universes where he travels here and others where he fails.
>so there should be "copies" of our universes where he does come and others where he doesn't.
>we are in the universe where he doesn't come.
>But if he goes somewhere that isn't our universe because we don't have travelers in our universe. That's just "a copy"!!!

> hfw he tries to travel to a universe where he doesn't go.
>>
File: pzv5j7l.jpg (77 KB, 666x499) Image search: [Google]
pzv5j7l.jpg
77 KB, 666x499
>>7746953
...why are you talking about time travel?

>I dont think time travel is possible at all. Think about it, we are travelling how fast through space, so if you went back in time Earth would be long, long gone.

...Why are you talking about time travel?
Anyway how does that mean you can't time travel? That would only mean travelers would end up somewhere in space -not that it's impossible.

Also:
>we are travelling how fast through space, and its an estimate because we dont know how to find a point of reference that is perfectly still

Speed is relative. Compared to my keyboard my body doesn't move but compared to the Sun I move with a great speed. There is no "perfectly still" untill we choose it.

>we cant travel faster than the speed of light means time travel would be limited to very short time spans as well, keep in mind the universe has a limited lifespan untill it runs out of energy and just goes cold and black

I don't think I understand you here. what do you mean?
Do you mean that if the time travel is invented (for example) only few days before the universe ends there wouldn't be much time to "send" the travelers back in time and that's why there wouldn't be that many travelers...?

Doesn't that argument actually SUPPORT time travel? If you believe this why are you against time travel?

But anyway I think the people in the end of the universe could save at least some of them by just by sending them to some earlier time and this way they would have more 'time to travel'.

And this doesn't have anything to do with the thread anymore but no that wouldn't change the past and 'cause a paradox'. If traveler goes to the past he can't change anything because he is PART of the past. And that way everything he does just 'fits' in the past. I think this brilliantly shown in the 3th Harry Potter film but I can't try to explain if anyone's interested.
>>
File: 1444459490483.jpg (233 KB, 585x883) Image search: [Google]
1444459490483.jpg
233 KB, 585x883
>>7746953
we're time traveling right now though
>>
>>7746822
Hello, is multiverse -> possibility the 5th dimension? I like to think this way because it's cool
>>
>>7746855
thank you
>>
>>7746911
dude
dude
>>
>>7749768
multiverse explained

http://youtu.be/IcxptIJS7kQ?t=24m40s
>>
>>7749823
lol what nerd do you take me for to watch 1 and a half hour lenght video of some geek talking shit lmao get REAL
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.