[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was wondering if their are any good computer programs or software
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: 1449552178109.jpg (80 KB, 780x755) Image search: [Google]
1449552178109.jpg
80 KB, 780x755
I was wondering if their are any good computer programs or software thats free that can be used for particle annihilation simulations and basically anything a quantum physicist would need.
>>
File: mqdefault.jpg (10 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault.jpg
10 KB, 320x180
Ha ha! You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders - The most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well-known is this: "Never start a thread in which the title image is more interesting than the post"!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Ha ha ha...
>>
>>7746385
but transgender stuff is never really interesting ...
>>
>>7746358
>Trans gender individuals
Holy fuck I'm dying
>>
>>7746400
controversy and stupidity is interesting
>>
>>7746358
>comment deleted
Aww, i bet the responses were hilarious.
>>
>>7746418
Controversy yes. But stupidity is only annoying.
>>
>>7746431
Where do you see that? Am I this blind?

This transgender shit is nonsense. Fine, identify with whatever and live how you want but don't deny science.
>>
File: page-4-1e92nl2.jpg (258 KB, 837x750) Image search: [Google]
page-4-1e92nl2.jpg
258 KB, 837x750
If fingerprint analysis works by analyzing the lipid and/or protein content of sebaceous gland excretions, then you can expect it to register you according to your genotype.

Do you think this somehow destroys the logical foundations of the transgender community? You're fucking wrong. XY does not make you male, and XX does not make you female. Don't believe me? Look up 46,XX/XY chimerism. There are also several mutations and deletions to the Y chromosome that can cause complete sex reversal. And this is completely disregarding the fact that gender and sex are two different things. Fucking ignoramuses.

Pic related, it's an introductory biology lesson for all you would-be geneticists.
>>
>>7746385
This is a vintage meme

Where's the original copypasta?
>>
>>7746449
WEW LADS WE GOT A FEMINIST HERE
>>
>>7746449
I can't tell who is serious on this board anymore and who is just baiting.
>>
>>7746449
>XY does not make you male, and XX does not make you female
For the overwhelming vast majority of people it does.
>>
>>7746449
You're an idiot.

The person in the image obviously thought that somehow being transgender (which is either a conscious choice or a mental condition, depending on who you ask) affects your biological sex. It doesn't. You still have the genetic makeup of the gender you were born with.

Chimerism or defects with extra chromosomes are completely different from transgenderism. Being 'transgender' is to identify as a different gender than the one you were born with. Whether this is because of some psychological reason or a difference in fundamental brain makeup it's not yet known, but it doesn't mean you change chromosomes.

Stop being stupid. Or a nitpicker.
>>
>>7746453
please be bait
>>
>>7746469
What

That's the first time I've seen it since like 2011
>>
>>7746358

>OP image

Fuck everything
>>
>>7746446
I don't think it's about denying science, I think it's more the question of how exactly fingerprints are gendered by this technique. I mean, transgender usually implies they're on cross-sex hormone treatments which may cause whatever biological marker of gender they're going by to change after long enough. But without knowing the specifics it's pretty much unanswerable.

>>7746464
Sure, but science often deals with non-typical situations.

>>7746466
It's not TOTALLY different, hormone treatments which trans people generally get do change certain traits linked to biological sex. A lot of sexual dimorphism is driven by hormones anyway, so it really depends on what age they start hormone treatments.
>>
>>7746508
>>7746508
>It's not TOTALLY different, hormone treatments which trans people generally get do

They change certain traits and alter some bodily functions, but they don't alter or stop all of them. Even if you started at a young age before or at the cusp of puberty you'd probably still produce the same lipids and proteins that they use to analyze fingerprints
>>
OP here
Jesus fucking christ what have i done
>/thread
Go home
Ponder life
>>
>>7746358
it is a valid question for hermaphroditism though.
>>
>>7746612
>Jesus fucking christ what have i done
You already knew what you had done the second you posted that image.
>>
>>7746449
>gender and sex are two different things

Nothing gets me harder than hearing this shit rattled off like it wasn't just made up by a pedophile nutjob.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Money#Sex_reassignment_of_David_Reimer
>>
>>7746508
The issue here is that the large majority of people claiming to be transgender now do nothing more beyond getting radical haircuts/piercings/tattoos and adding "Trans <3" to their twitter and tumblr.
>>
>>7746652
The modern idea of gender really has little to do with Money's. Money claimed that gender was purely a social construct, it was just instinctive behavior. As we all know, his attempt to prove his theory backfired horrendously. But the modern idea of gender is more about the many things associated with being male or female, that aren't actually your anatomy. Things like what clothes you wear and so on are part of "gender expression". But usually what you hear about when it comes to transgender people is gender identity, referring to the so-called "brain sex" meaning that some trans people have been found to have brains which are more biologically similar to those of the opposite sex.
>>
>>7746636

There are no true human hermaphrodites.
>>
OP again
Jesus fucking christ
I mean seriously
I did not want any of this
>be self
>need some study help for paper im working on
>must run some annihilation simulation
>decides fuck google, lets go on /sci/
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.