[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Since time is all perspective based on position and direction/speed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
Since time is all perspective based on position and direction/speed of travel that suggests that free will is an illusion. Your future has already happened in the perspective of someone across the galaxy moving in the opposite direction.

Doesnt this also sugest that theres a mathematical equation that can predict the future as well?

>pic unrelated
>>
>>7746270

you've yet to define time using anything other than fragile calculus equations
>>
>>7746275
Bu-but i didnt post any equations...
>>
>>7746276
Then post some
>>
>>7746318
2×2=4
>>
>>7746270
>Doesnt this also sugest that theres a mathematical equation that can predict the future as well?
smart brains can do this even without maths
>>
>>7746369
Well now that you're here to explain it to us we'll just wait
>>
>>7746369
Are you talking of esp?
>>
>>7746270
>Since time is all perspective based on position and direction/speed of travel
well, sort of. its clear you have not read a modern physics text but i'll let it slide
>that suggests that free will is an illusion.
excuse me what
these two things are completely unrelated
>Your future has already happened in the perspective of someone across the galaxy moving in the opposite direction.
i mean they can estimate your age and measure clock discrepancies, not much else though
>Doesnt this also sugest that theres a mathematical equation that can predict the future as well?
no it doesn't suggest that.
>>7746275
>you've yet to define time using anything other than fragile calculus equations
have you taken a physics course before?
>>7746369
>smart brains can do this even without maths
ok this thread must be a troll
>>7746377
what? what are any of you even talking about?
>>
File: K1zGw.gif (2 KB, 202x295) Image search: [Google]
K1zGw.gif
2 KB, 202x295
>>7746270
>Your future has already happened in the perspective of someone across the galaxy moving in the opposite direction.

It doesn't work like that.
The further something is the longer it takes light/information to get to it from us.

That means that if someone in the distant galaxies would look to our direction they would see information that has left us long time ago and has just arrived to their galaxy (like WW2 times depending on the distance). However that doesn't affect what is actually happening here right now and there is no way for them to see our future.

And same kind of thing applies to the speed: The faster you travel the slower the time seemes to move. Time between events is always shortest in the so-called 'proper time': the time taken with a clock that doesn't move in relation to events (t0 < t). This is also why others can't see your future while you move fast: 'their clock' is moving in relation to your events and they see you slow down.
>>
>>7748210
Hey you seem more intelligent in the field of Physics than I am. Teach me something that interests you in the field that's worth remembering? I got a toothbrush and some shampoo for Christmas, c'mon man....
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.