[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stumbled upon a picture from May with myself, little brother,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (105 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
105 KB, 640x1136
Stumbled upon a picture from May with myself, little brother, cousin, and grandmother and thought to myself "at some point in the not so distant future, I will look back at this picture and go "wow, those were the days"

This makes me really sad. Am I the only crazy person who has these thought, or do other people feel the same as well? Pic unrelated
>>
>>7739349
both of the following statements have the same truth value

you are the only person who thinks about this
this is the correct board for this
>>
>>7739349
I don't tend to think about the future in present tense much, when it comes to my own connections with some sort of context or group.

I'm kind of dead inside tbqh my symbolic but not literal blood relatives.
>>
>>7739349
I have similar thoughts.
Makes me appreciate my current situation more.
>>
>>7739349
and eventually just leads to - Is this really as good as it gets??
>>
>>7739349
what's this r9k shit got to do with science and maths you queer
>>
>>7739446
Penne.
>>
>>7739452
That almost means 'penis' in spanish.
>>
>>7739349>>7739405
>>7739379
>>7739407

welcome to dukkha

the point is to become a phenomenologist: study what occurs through you, with as much equanimity/ataraxia/equipoise/upekka as possible and always benevolence
see https://warosu.org/lit/thread/S7475103#p7478018

watch ajhan brham for a good introduction

https://www.youtube.com/user/DhammalokaMeditation/videos
>>
>>7739349
Happens to me all the time. My problem is I mostly keep waiting for results...

I should learn to enjoy the trip, instead of just waiting to get to the destination, if you know what I mean. If you know how to do this, let me know.
>>
>>7739349
I envy you. I have no happy memories. Only a collection of sadness, fear, disgust and anger.
>>
File: 1444633548542.png (165 KB, 1383x3051) Image search: [Google]
1444633548542.png
165 KB, 1383x3051
>>7739892
>>7739877
>>7739479
>>7739446
>>7739407
>>7739405
>>7739379
>>7739405
>>7739352
>>7739349
Develop the meditation called mindfulness of in-and-out breathing because it is of great fruit, of great advantage. And how is mindfulness of in-and-out breathing developed, how is it made much of, how is it of great fruit, great advantage? Concerning this, one who has gone to the forest, to the root of a tree or to an empty place, sits down cross-legged with the back straight, establishing mindfulness in front of him. Mindfully one breathes in, mindfully one breathes out. Breathing in a long breath one knows: ‘I am breathing in a long breath;’ breathing out a long breath one knows: ‘I am breathing out a long breath.’ Breathing in a short breath one knows: ‘I am breathing in a short breath;’ breathing out a short breath one knows: ‘I am breathing out a short breath.’ One trains oneself, thinking: ‘Breathing in I shall experience the whole body.’ One trains oneself, thinking: ‘Breathing out I shall experience the whole body.’ One trains oneself, thinking: ‘Breathing in I will tranquillize bodily activities.’ One trains oneself, thinking: ‘Breathing out I will tranquillize bodily activities.’

-- M.I,425
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.