[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: post facts an mnemonics you use to remember them. Fatou's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
ITT: post facts an mnemonics you use to remember them.

Fatou's lemma: Put the limit on the outside, nigga, and that's the side that's gonna be bigga!
>>
File: Dancing Pepe.gif (57 KB, 74x98) Image search: [Google]
Dancing Pepe.gif
57 KB, 74x98
Please tell me how to remember Stokes Theorem, the Divergence theorem, Greens theorem and all of Lin Alg please
>>
>>7738025
>Put the limit on the outside, nigga, and that's the side that's gonna be bigga!

my sides
>>
>>7738025
Literally who can't remember Fatou's lemma

It's one of the few intuitively obvious results
>>
>>7738038
>remember
>>
>>7738038
Sdo = 0 <- all the stokes, green, gauss, whatever theorems you'll ever need as a babby tier physics student
If you want it to be true, it is true. <- all LA theorems
>>
>>7738038
Physics' Stokes' theorem (as I remember it): If you have a certain quantity enclosed in a bounded volume M and want to compute how much is leaving, you can either compute the total flux through the surface delimiting the volume ([math]\int_{\partial M} i*\omega[/math]) or compute the change in that quantity at every point and then sum these differences ([math]\int_M d\omega[/math])
>>
>>7738103
Explain pls.

I know there's some explanation involving intersections of areas under curves but I don't really get it.
>>
File: differential geometry.png (1 KB, 136x53) Image search: [Google]
differential geometry.png
1 KB, 136x53
>>7738038
Pic related is how to remember stokes' theorem and greens theorem. When the partial symbol is on the domain it notates the operator which gives the boundary. When the partial symbol is on the differential form it notates differentiation of the differential form. Look it up. The divergence theorem also follows from the same, but with an extra step or two, so I recommend you do something fun instead like look up how it lets you derive archimedies' principle to get some practice.

For linear algebra you just kind of have to visualize and/or suffer.

>>7738195
Infima make things smaller. When the limit infinum is on the inside it applies pointwise rather than functionwise, so the increased granularity results in a smaller integral.
>>
>>7738419
Thanks mate, If kinda been doing the pic less formally by drawing a picture of the domain and field lines flowing through
>>
>>7738494
When I had my course on measure theory à la Lebesgue, the lecturer proved stuff using graphs instead of definitions and Caratheodory etc. He also said that this was the way things were done before, nowadays it's more formal and less intuitive. Mandelbrot also complained about Bourbaki's formalism over intuition mentality, so I'd blaim those guys for this change of methods.
>>
If you live in the US, driver's ed teaches you to place your hands at "10 and 2" on the wheel. Left hand at 10 o clock, and right hand at 2 o clock.

10 and 2 also happens to be the approximate pKa for the N and C terms of proteins, and is also the order in which they are written (proteins are written from N to C, left to right, just like your hands in the driving position).

I guess if you're a biochem major you don't need a mnemonic to remember this because you use it so much, but if you're just taking one biochem class, it's pretty helpful.
>>
>>7738119
Elaborate
>>
>>7738025
That wouldn't help me.
>>
>>7739427
hes baiting.

any retard that claims you dont need good memory is mentally retarded.
>>
>>7738633
I have no idea what that means but it sounds cool.
>>
File: 1421603378612.gif (2 MB, 245x229) Image search: [Google]
1421603378612.gif
2 MB, 245x229
>>7738025
>Put the limit on the outside, nigga, and that's the side that's gonna be bigga!
holy shit :D
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.