[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The future
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (443 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
443 KB, 1920x1080
How advanced will we be by the year 2050-100

In terms of technology, biology, space exploration,warfare etc.
>>
Probably no closer than we are now, but at least we wont be racists anymore (in theory)
>>
>>7735448
If by "we" you mean the machines that rapidly replace us, then we should be pretty advanced by then.
>>
>>7735456
What if humans become machines or just not human?

We get our skin, bones and organs replaced to live longer. Will we be humans still? Hmmm
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technological_singularity

2050 will be nuts.
>>
Probably the same look as we have now, but we'll be independent of oil and majority of current big problems will be gone. HIV, Old timer's, etc should be cured by 2100.
>>
>>7735485
This I hope.
>>
File: 1440407315444.jpg (503 KB, 1198x794) Image search: [Google]
1440407315444.jpg
503 KB, 1198x794
>>7735448
In 6 years
>Max computational power reached
>Tight oil supplies cause medicine, plastics, and other petrochemical shortages
>Economy in ruins from the bust of the VLSI bubble, subsequent lack of innovation, material shortages, and taxes from economical wars.
>Historic global depression and unemployment which leads to widespread banking and business failures
>Terrorism explodes
>Extreme weather and land erosion dislocates countless number of people
>Loss of all privacy with increases in population monitoring, spying, and tracking
>Internet traffic becomes monitored, censored, and activism is stifled

In 12 years
>Unprecedented crop failures
>Large scale food, water, ore, and oil shortages
>War everywhere
>Lack of clean water, medicine, and sterile plastics goods cause global pandemics
>Ethnic strife and massive increase in genocides

In 26 years
>Nuclear and Biological weapon proliferation
>Large rise in random acts of killings
>Behavioral sink kicks in
>Effort to force peace by the formation of a Global Government by surviving NATO powers begins, those opposed are mercilessly dealt with.
>Increased Atheism and Nihilism
>WWIII begins

In 44 years
>WWIII ends
>Extinction of the human race

In 45 years
>Jesus returns
>>
>>7735503
I bet you are a real laugh at parties
>>
>>7735503
Running out of oil in six years? You do know the reason oil is 35 bucks a barrel right now because of the massive stock pile of global oil right?

I bet we are not even using the oil we are producing for the past two months.
>>
File: 1375552477851.png (78 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1375552477851.png
78 KB, 625x626
>>7735513
0/10, you went too far in your baiting
>>
>>7735518
I suggest you come to alberta. We are not running out of oil any time soon.
>>
File: Bigotry definition.png (9 KB, 575x322) Image search: [Google]
Bigotry definition.png
9 KB, 575x322
>>7735451
>>but at least we wont be racists anymore (in theory)
>"we can't tolerate people with different opinions than me"

Way to be a bigot
>>
File: kurzweilpriest1.jpg (158 KB, 528x651) Image search: [Google]
kurzweilpriest1.jpg
158 KB, 528x651
>>7735485

>>>/x/
>>
>>7735523
>implying OPEC is not a thing

How's middle school?
>>
>>7735503

There's enough oil to last 30 years, though.
>>
>>7735542
>implying supply controls the price
>>
>>7735532
>has clear hypothesis which follows scientific method
>you don't consider it science
>>
>>7735567
>>7735532
>>7735567
Mr. Kurzweil is brilliant engineer, but he knows very little about anything outside of his area of expertise. I am particularly miffed by his utterly wrong ideas about human brain function - at best they are a 1st order approximation of what actually goes on. Also he knows nothing about thermodynamics and such, which is one reason for his grandiose claims about "the universe waking up" and other nonsense.

It's far more likely that AI will develop incrementally from where I'm standing as an AI researcher, for one thing.
>>
>>7735448
>technology
In terms of military technology we will probably have nanotechnology for genetic warfare, capable of killing specific groups of people.

>>7735451
>at least we wont be racists anymore
I get a disturbing feeling for how that will be achieved.

>>7735478
>replaced to live longer
Grandmothers are the main cyborgs today: electromic hearing aid, electromic heart pacemakers, titanium hip joints, stents in arteries, synthetic lenses after cataract operations and more. And we will always love our grandmothers.
>>
>>7735448
That picture with a lot less shine, and a lot more people most likely.
>>
By the end of this century, the era of Petroleum Starvation will begin. (We're currently in the era of Petroleum Depletion.) A lot of Humans will be relegated to simply remaining within 20 miles of their homes.
>>
>>7735627
> A lot of Humans will be relegated to simply remaining within 20 miles of their homes.

This is when the NEETs will rise.
>>
>>7735627

We'll never run out of hydrocarbons. Earth will fry long before that happens.

What will happen is that solar and wind combined with batteries (stationary and in vehicles) will become so cheap no other energy source can compete.
>>
>>7735503

>Jesus returns

>Only to find out he missed humanity's extinction by a year
>>
>>7735503
>max computational power reached
>in 6 years
yeah more like 60 years kid
>>
File: cosmicfrog.jpg (16 KB, 433x700) Image search: [Google]
cosmicfrog.jpg
16 KB, 433x700
>>7735627
>mfw fusion power will become a reality
>mfw you have to slowly let go of your delusions of scarcity and want as we move into a new age of plenty and incredible technology
>>
>>7735627
Let's ignore solar, wind, and nuclear power because fuck them.
>>
File: isis execution.jpg (161 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
isis execution.jpg
161 KB, 1500x1000
>>7735451
>but at least we wont be racists anymore
then we'll be killed by people racist against us.
racism is simply a preference for ones own people. in the long run we'll ether be killed by other peoples how do prefer there own (i.e. racism), or we'll learn to prefer our own (racism) and secure our peoples lineage by eliminating all others.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.