[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can /sci/ solve this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6
File: Untitled-1.png (834 KB, 463x612) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
834 KB, 463x612
This was a question given to 18 year olds on an exam paper in the UK.
>>
?

This is just a simple calculus problem, is it supposed to be hard?
>>
File: goat.jpg (93 KB, 797x594) Image search: [Google]
goat.jpg
93 KB, 797x594
>>7732149

The point is that the problem involves goats.
>>
File: Goat.jpg (89 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
Goat.jpg
89 KB, 900x600
>>7732154
This is now a goat thread.
>>
>>7732126
>marks
Why are europeans so retarded?
>>
>>7732188
What do Americucks call it?
>>
>>7732231
Points.

Just ignore him though he's austistic
>>
File: GOAT_goats.jpg (354 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
GOAT_goats.jpg
354 KB, 1200x800
>>7732161

baah
>>
>>7732126
In Australia, 12th graders are taught calculus II.

I see most of these guys stressing out calculus II and I'm always laughing behind the keyboard.

I gotta give it to Germany and other parts of Europe doing Analysis first year instead of calculus.
>>
>>7732419
is that what 4 unit was?
>>
>can /sci/ solve this simple problem?
>DUDE GOATS LMAO
>>
>>7732428
yeah different guy but 4unit/extension 2 math is an option. You learn:
-Integration(by parts, partial fractions, t substitution etc.)
-Volume
-Mechanics(1st year uni physics)
-Conic Sections
-Curve Sketching (with implicit differentiation)
-Complex Numbers (vectors and demoivre theorem etc.)
-Polynomials(forming polynomials with roots alpha^2 for instance)
-Hard extension 1 (difficult induction, permutation, combination, circle geometry and inequality problems)

It's so good and the government rewards you generously for it. Usually an extra 3-5 bonus points for STEM courses. It also alligns well so a 65 on the final is she same as a 92 once its alligned.
>>
>>7732486
fuck i wish i grew up in aussieland
>>
>>7732506
B-but shit internet and spiders.
>>
>>7732486
>tfw did all this in grade 10
>tfw Strayins still has a better reputation than Saffers
>tfw I tell people I'm from South Africa and they assume the baby education they got is somehow more advanced than mine.

Why does the rest of the planet look down on our hemisphere so much? I mean, it's not our fault our hdi is so shit when we have to take a care of a billion melanin impaired poorfags. We wuz built nukes an shit goddammit!
>>
>>7732126
Clearly, the angle TAG is a right angle. If you assume that TAG is acute, then the rope would have to pass through the base of the tower. If the angle is obtuse, then the goat tugging on the rope would be able to pull it farther and have the angle decrease, so it must be a right angle. From there, the formula for the distance is pretty straight-forward, modeling just quadrant I, we have a+(pi-a) = pi,a*1 = angle around base of tower, tan x = opposite/adjacent = (pi-a)/1. |TG| = sqrt(1^2+(pi-a)^2), 1^2 + (sqrt(1^2 + (pi-a)^2))^2 - 2*1*sqrt(1^2 + (pi-a)^2)*cos(a+x) = r, theta (polar coordinates, not the theta in diagram) = a/2
>>
>>7732126
trivial
>>
>>7732419
Uh, what? We don't do any multivariable calculus in high school.
>>
File: goat1.jpg (243 KB, 687x1031) Image search: [Google]
goat1.jpg
243 KB, 687x1031
>>7732154

Needs a tower
>>
>>7732995
> Clearly, the angle TAG is a right angle. If you assume that TAG is acute, then the rope would have to pass through the base of the tower. If the angle is obtuse, then the goat tugging on the rope would be able to pull it farther and have the angle decrease, so it must be a right angle.

The text explicitly says that AG is tangent to the circle at A... You wrote all of that for nothing, dude. Use what you're given.
>>
File: tree-dwelling-goats.jpg (386 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
tree-dwelling-goats.jpg
386 KB, 1024x768
>>7733084
Not necessarily
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.