[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Universe expansion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: sperm_1000x_zoom.jpg (349 KB, 1280x932) Image search: [Google]
sperm_1000x_zoom.jpg
349 KB, 1280x932
What happens to the Hubble sphere and observable Universe under the standard lambda-CDM model?

Does the Hubble sphere grow indefinitely? I am thinking of ordinary distance, not co-moving distance which is known to reach its limit of appr. 62 billion light years as time goes to infinity.
>>
Or let me rephrase it this way: assuming that today comoving distance equals proper distance, is there a limit for the size of the observable Universe in units of today's proper distance?
>>
>>7728893
No. The Hubble sphere saturates in comoving coordinates but not in proper units.
>>
>>7728981
So, it means that the observable Universe will eventually become infinitely large and, threoretically, two particles at infinte distance could interact?
>>
>>7729108
>it means that the observable Universe will eventually become infinitely large

After infinite time, yes, the matter making up the universe we currently observe will grow infinitely separated. However, the Observable Universe - as in, the zone of space we can actually observe and interact with - will contain less and less matter as a result, although it too will grow due to lightspeed.

>threoretically, two particles at infinte distance could interact?

No. Why would you think that? In fact, eventually the expansion of the universe will drive everything so far apart that every particle's observable universe contains no other particles.
>>
>>7729337
I'm more interested in Dirac's idea of continual creation of matter.
>>
>>7729337
>eventually the expansion of the universe will drive everything so far apart that every particle's observable universe contains no other particles.

But how if each individual observable Universe (i.e. observable Universe of each particle) will become infinite?
>>
>>7729352
you can fit infinitely many infinite observable universes into the infinite whole universe
>>
>>7729355
Fuck off
>>
>>7729347
Why?
>>
>>7729355
I can fit infinitely many infinite observable universes into your mom's black hole.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.