[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wats the hardest class in ur major?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 195
Thread images: 15
File: image.jpg (160 KB, 840x673) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
160 KB, 840x673
Wats the hardest class in ur major?
>>
Catastrophe theory
>>
>>7723262
Just looked it up. That seems so cool.
>>
>>7723258
Reactor engineering. Though it's very easy at some universities where the lecturer is retarded.
>>
Abstract Algebra
>>
>>7723258
Unit ops
>>
File: Capture.jpg (100 KB, 466x857) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
100 KB, 466x857
>>7723269
>>
Probably one of these two, excluding aerodynamics stuff (not my field):

>AE 853. Advanced Mechanics of Laminated Composites (3). An extension of AE 753. Includes anisotropic elasticity, classical laminate and first order shear deformation theories, FE analysis of composites, free edge effects, failure theories, lateral deflections, elastic stability, analysis of notched laminates and sandwich structures. Prerequisites: AE 722, 731, 753, MATH 758.

>AE 936. Theory of Plasticity (3). Includes criteria of yielding, plastic stress-strain relationships; stress and deformation in thick-walled shells, rotating discs and cylinders, bending and torsion of prismatic bars for
ideally plastic and strain-hardening materials. Includes two-dimension and axially symmetric problems of finite deformation and variational and extremum principles. Prerequisite: AE 731.
>>
Prevention and patient involvement in care
>>
>>7723279
Yes, very cool
>>
Grad algebraic geometry was rough. Pullbacks of scheme morphisms killed me for a while.
>>
>>7723292
What is algabreic geometry?
>>
>>7723297

A bunch of trivial nonsense for people who aren't smart enough to succeed at engineering.
>>
>>7723300
A squared + B squared = C squared ;)
>>
Civil Engineering. I believe the consensus at my school was Structural Analysis. I didn't think anything was too difficult though.
>>
>>7723297
http://math.stanford.edu/~vakil/216blog/FOAGapr2915public.pdf
Skim through some stuff here or stop being dumb and google the phrase.
>>
>>7723308
Design of concrete structures becomes incredibly hard the moment you get into design of non-linear elements like deep beams and strut and tie model theory. I never fully understood the last or so courses of concrete design and was glad I got a passing grade.

Also took an finite element analysis elective and shit was fucking hard too.
>>
Bioinformatics. Easier than literally anything a real engineering undergrad takes
>>
Business Calculus
>>
>>7723361

this is too easy, anyone who doesnt undertand this book shouldnt be here
>>
>>7723308
Reinforced concrete design is easily harder than structural analysis.
>>
Physical Chemistry II.
>>
>>7723277
In?
>>
>>7723494
How difficult are your physics classes? I also am interested in that field of chemistry, any tips?
>>
File: 1449627873530.png (11 KB, 344x528) Image search: [Google]
1449627873530.png
11 KB, 344x528
Organic chemistry or Unit Operations
>>
complex numerical methods

>math
>>
>>7723258
Math major
I just finished triple integrals 101 that was pretty hard.
>>
Based on the number of failing grades and withdrawals, Organic I. But that class is pretty easy imo, Quantum I think is much harder. Since most students take it their second semester junior or senior year there ends up being one of those bottom end curves, where pretty much everyone gets a C.
>>
>>7723490
>Hurr durr you're not allowed to be in my club if you're not smart enough
>>
>>7723524
Some universities only require calc II for pchem. Others require multivariable calc and diff eq for pchem. It really depends on what school and how developed the department is. If you go to a large research university for undergrad with a well respected pchem department, expect harder courses. What's actually kind of funny is that the pchem ACS has virtually no calculus in it. It's all conceptual or the math is simplified to the point that you can easily work through the problem with a basic calculator. This is assuming you're in an ACS chem degree.
>>
Major is finance, minor is math.

>major

Probably "investments 1". It's actually not that bad, but business majors are shitty at math and don't care about things like "what assumptions are made when using the black scholes option pricing algorithm". Plebs, all of them.

>minor
Heard ode's are tricky, but most would say linear or probability.

And yes, I know most people here wouldn't blink at those courses. I'd have majored in math, but I didn't know I loved it until too late in my university education.
>>
>>7723575
Finance, business, and economics are all pleb majors. Math with a minor in one of those fields would make you much more valuable and shows higher aptitude.
>>
>>7723578
Well, I'm interested in financial econ and securities pricing, so I chose finance as a naive freshman. Found out that I really liked math, was good at it, and it's useful for getting a finance PhD. Unfortunately, it Will push muy graduation back at least a year.

Few of my finance classmates are actually interested in finance , they just want high paying jobs. It's a bit discouraging.

Sucks finding out that you like something but it's too late.
>>
Linear Algebra. I'm actually serious :/.
>>
>>7723585
I'm actually in the same boat. I really enjoy environmental applications of science so I majored in environmental sciences. What a fucking mistake that was. Should've majored in a hard science instead. A lot of employers respect harder majors(or what they perceive as harder). A major in chemistry with a minor in enviro or even a double major would have been so much better. Some of my peers are actually into science like I am, but most of them are just into environmental issues and getting into political arguments over it.
>>
Phys major, hardest class I took was upper-level classical mechanics.
>>
>>7723603
Harder than quantum?
>>
Calc 1 :DDD
>>
>>7723494
I feel like Thermo was way harder than quantum desu
>>
What class(es) are considered the hardest in a 4 year computer sci program?(Bachelors)
>>
>>7723537
Damn homie, what school do you go to where ochem is as hard as unit ops?
>>
>>7723741
Thermo is actually intuitive and useful though. So is kinetics. The thing about quantum is that yeah it may be cool, but I really don't give a shit about the velocity of an electron.
>>
>>7723747
Depends on your mode of thinking I guess. If you can't grasp that organic is just applying logic and trends I could see how it could be comparable to unit ops
>>
>>7723752
I guess it depends a lot on the school. Where I go unit ops is actually hell, I've heard many people say it's the hardest class at the university.
>>
>>7723668
most of the problems in quantum need to be solved numerically, so you only work on babby level constraints to solve the schrodinger equation, which is literally just laplace transforms and fourier transforms from differential equations.

For mechanics, not only do you have to solve for the energy/motion of a system, you first have to develop a suitable vector space first, and that can be a headache.

TL:DR Quantum uses babby diff eq. Mechanics uses multivariable calc.
>>
>>7723759
I think that's pretty common desu. The phys, math, and chem professors at my school think that mathematical analysis is the hardest course at our uni, with unit ops and quantum mechanics being close seconds.
>>
>>7723258
Biofag turned mathfag. Taking an introductory differential equations course and a course in functions of a complex variable. How difficult are these classes usually considered? What is typically considered the most difficult undergrad class a math major has to take? Admittedly I found calculus 3 to be rather challenging (ended up with a B). However I did really well in my algebraic structures course and (was one of only 4 or 5 students to get above a C in it)
>>
>>7723779
Differential depends on how well calculus 1-3 prepare you. Differential is mostly applying and pulling together math you already know, especially if you had linear algebra as well. Other than that I didn't think the new stuff was too hard. I actually really enjoyed the class, it really made me remember that math is useful and that a lot of things you learn in theoretical vacuums in other classes are actually used. I've heard horror stories from others about the class though. Personally I suck at proofs so geometry, number theory, and analysis all kicked my ass.
>>
I'm a biochem major.

It's probably this DNA biochemistry class I just took. That class was literally hell. Pretty sure everyone in there made a C.
>>
Mathematical Methods for Physicists, Electrodynamics with Special Relativity, or Fluid Mechanics. It broke me down to the core.
>>
Calculus 1
>>
>>7723300
STFU and stop giving us engineers a bad name. Pure math is miles more complex than anything your pea-sized brain could ever comprehend. You are literally scum and should feel shame for posting such a stupid shitpost, even if it was trolling.
>>
Real Analysis, Abstract Algebra
>>
Advanced elettrochemistry, it was the only class I struggled with.
>>
>>7723575
>black scholes
>difficult
What the fuck am I reading

Don't you have any econometrics/tsa courses
>>
>>7723272
Which textbook of reference ?
What is the content of your course ?
>>
I failed grade 11 pre calc, grade 12 physics and grade 12 chemistry.

I don't know why I visit this board. I never went for post secondary education. I'm a filthy blue collar worker who operates heavy equipment. I'm set to make 90k this year so I'm pretty happy with my life choices.

Not going to university was the best thing I ever did.
>>
File: gif_write_475077.gif (856 KB, 499x330) Image search: [Google]
gif_write_475077.gif
856 KB, 499x330
Genetics

The class had a lab component where you had to breed fruit flies and look at their children in order to figure out what genes were.

They had to be checked on every 12 hours, all semester to make sure their food supply wasnt infected and to make sure no unwanted breeding was going on, because reporting wrong results would cost you 25% of your grade

what a nightmare, atleast I finished with an A because I got perfect grades on all the tests
>>
>>7723848
>math major posing as an engineer
Pitiful desu
>>
>>7724094
How would you recognize the children from the parents?

What I would have done, is make the jar, that they presumably lived in, an independent state and issue birth certificates to all fruit flies. Of course, you would need extremely small pens.
I don't think you would need to puppeteer a government for them, though, since from what I have seen fruit flies prefer total anarchy. However, you might want to provide a heap of shredder strips of paper, in case they do want to organize a vote.
Also, apart from the food supply, are there other valuable resources in the jar? A functioning economy can not be built on food and prostitution alone, I suspect.
They would also need a supply of rock and wood, in order to even enter Stone Age, I don't think Copper or Tin would be necessary, at least for the first 100 generations.

To be honest, I don't really see much hope for this type of an experiment. Fruit flies in general are far too disagreeable for them ever to build a prosperous civilization. I don't care what your new age libertarian left-feminist-fly-emancipators say, the fruit fly is happiest a slave to the noble ant man.
>>
>>7724104

You put a bunch of males and females in a plastic test tube with food.

You wait until you see eggs laid and larva crawling around in the food.

You transfer the adults and put them in a brand new container with food and wait for them to lay more eggs in the food

repeat
>>
>>7724104
This post made my day
>>
>>7723537

what are you doing like PhD research in organic chem or something? organic chem in a BSc or BEng is easy breezy
>>
>>7723258
computer architecture. have to learn assembly and how CPU works in binary level
>>
>>7723258
Well, the hardest class i've taken yet through the EE dept. is Probability and Statistics.

Which is odd, because a few of my peers who are minoring in math, took the senior level Probability and Stats course the math dept offers before doing the EE one, and claim that the EE one is miles more difficult. Kinda want to take the math one just to see why.
>>
High level QM is pure cancer
>>
>>7724104
>Of course, you would need extremely small pens.

fucking kek
>>
>>7723494
Holy fuck, same thing. Damn you all to hell surface physics cucks
>>
>>7723803
Molecular genetics, dna repair mechanism hell
>>
Computer engineer here.

Toughest would probably be Circuits and Simulation but only because the prof made it as difficult as possible. People left the exam knowing that they didn't answer enough to even pass, assuming what they put was right, which may have not been the case.

I never felt so good about a C+.

I just took Digital Systems design which wasn't fun either. The Xilinx FPGA stuff is buggy as fuck, so it might not been hard, just really time consuming.

Computer Architecture was kind of challenging too.
>>
>>7724104

>Maximum keks
>>
In undergrad the hardest course to get a good grade in was Organic Chemsitry, because it was a pre-med weedout course and they graded very harshly, which was pretty unfair to the people (like myself) who actually wnated to do chemistry in grad school.

It wasn't the hardest to understand, but it was the hardest to get a good grade in. The hardest for me to understand was thermo
>>
>>7723258
PDE's. I'm into chemistry and I never really got my head around them
>>
>>7724104
How fucking high are you?
>>
>>7723596
Underage get out
>>
>>7723568
That is so true, I've seen some really ridiculously dumbed down pchem courses. When done right it's one of the most difficult courses of any major.
>>
>>7723585
Honestly finance by it self won't get you a high paying job, starting 40-60k and you probably won't break 6 figures in your life time. It's not STEM bias when I say that the other anon is right you should do a math major and minor in finance, a math bachelors would be worth more to you than a master in finance, being a quant (the only people in finance who can actually earn over 200k) needs at minimum an applied math PhD from a prestigious university.
>>
>>7724319
LA can be pretty difficult, some LA1 courses will cover complex space vectors etc. it can get intense for a freshman.
>>
>>7723776
>>7723759
>>7723752
>>7723747
>>7723537
>>7723277
What does unit ops cover at your unis? I'm assuming it's the design follow up to transfer processes+thermo so HEs, Dist. Columns etc. design?
>>
>>7723258
Comp. sci.

either numerical analysis or multivariable analysis, but i have been struggling with anything heavily math related beyond calc 1. :/
>>
>>7723300
>Math major pretending to be an engineer and bait people.
>>7723848
>Math major false flagging with an actual agenda.

Why are math majors so obsessed with major politics? Every time you stoke shit and get your ass handed to you, maybe you should just calm down already.
>>
>>7724354
No Algorithms or Operating Systems.
>>
Mathematical Analysis in R^n. The actual subject isn't hard, but the curriculum at our university is.
>>
>>7724354

Why do compscis need calculus? Thought it was all discrete?
>>
I just finished up a graduate mathematics of cryptography class. it was essentially a dedicated applied algebraic number theory course
>>
>>7723948
Econometrics is an elective for finance majors here. You can tailor your degree to be closer to econ or to accounting, so not everyone ( in fact, most finance guys here) take it.

I did, it wasn't too difficult of a course. I had a decent math background, and so the mathematical notation didn't scare me as much as the econ guys. A lot of them thought it was brutal.

>>7724345
I thought I addressed this, but I honestly don't have the time to get a full math degree. The courses would add too much time to my degree. I found out too late that I liked the more mathematical side.

I don't actually wanna be a quant, I want to research in finance, and the math minor along with some extra math sprinkled in during a masters is enough for a PhD. I know I won't be billionaire, but that's what I want.
>>
>>7723764
They don't have you numerically approximate or do simulations for the class?

You'd think they'd want you to actually be able to work through a quantum problem. Maybe that's more of a graduate level thing.
>>
>>7723279
i see an asscrack, is this what i should be seeing?

also what the fuck did i just read
>>
Real analysis was hard for me. Probably not because the content itself was hard but because I found it boring as fuck.
>>
>>7723751
but bruv that tells u stuff like why there is a limit to the elemants on periodic table

electrons can only move so fast u no
>>
>>7724460
Computer Science majors at my uni require that you take economics as part of your degree. Was the only one in my class to make an A and it was a 90 exactly . So I would consider it pretty brutal.
>>
>>7724555
I meant to say that computer science majors are required to take economics ....
>>
I'd have to say Unix Operating Systems. It's only an elective for a comp sci minor i once wanted to pursue.
>>
>>7723258
Physics grad here. It definitely was Electrodynamics. The sheer volume of what was covered was a bit too much to handle for me back then. I wasn't alone in this, though. I've known of several cases where someone just took the entire semester off just to study electrodynamics and prepare for the exam.

Not sure, how much I retained, 7 years after ..
>>
File: 1317088755171.png (9 KB, 493x402) Image search: [Google]
1317088755171.png
9 KB, 493x402
>>7723258
Biology as an undergrad
>computational medicine and physiology
>plant developmental anatomy

First one was hard because I had very limited programming knowledge. Second one was hard because the professor was a dick and if you didn't put down exactly what he said you were wrong. Also it was a grad class iirc.
>>
>>7723361
Do you have more documents?
>>
Biochemist undergrad here. So far, probably statistics for me.
Only 3 people out of ~120 got an A, most got a C.
>>
>>7723258
Quantum field theory
>>
>>7724094
>Genetics

I concur
>>
>>7724094
>Take Fermentation Lab because beerlol
>Have to monitor culture every 3 hours
>for 24 hours straight
>twice a week
>for 3 weeks

Yeah it wasn't challenging but it sure did suck going in to lab at 3 in the morning
>>
>>7723258
real analysis
>>
>>7724817
I've heard a lot of people complain about real anal
>>
>>7723269
>>7723287
>>7724477
http://lagrange.physics.drexel.edu/flash/zcm/

You can actually build this using a rubber band, a few pins, and two pieces of cardboard. It's pretty fun.
>>
Grad level mathematical physics.
Symplectic manifolds and the moment map
>mfw in lecture
>>
>>7724817
>>7724823
Real analysis isn't hard at all if you put any effort into it
It's extremely intuitive
>>
Measure theory and differential geometry.
>>
>>7724956
Nothing is intuitive before you develop the intuition for it.
Math is not intuitive.
Real analysis is not intuitive at all. It's extremely abstract and very hard for first timers to learn.
>>
>>7723552
Have fun with the rest of school
>>
>>7724482
That's an issue with the strong force and it's range. The electrons have little to nothing to do with it.
>>
First Year Undergrad here. I decided not to take a particular degree and just ad libbed some courses that sounded neat, but im locked in and i think i went a bit haywire. This is my first semester schedule from 5am to 4am the next day

-Nonstandard Analysis
-Large Cardinals
-Nonlinear PDEs
-Bifurcation Theory
-Algebraic Topology
-Differential Geometry
-Algebraic Geometry
-Tensor Calculus
-Category Theory
-Algebraic Topology
-Real/Complex Analysis
-Condensed Matter Physics
-Acoustic Metamaterials and phonon crystals
-Conductive Electroactive Polymers
-Electronic Structure Theory
-Gauge Theory
-Ion Assisted Film Growth
-Lattice Gauge Theory
-Mechanics
-Molecular Electronic Structure Theory
-Fluid Mechanics
-Quantum Hall Effects
-Polymer Engineering Science
-Chemical Kinetics
-Sine-Gordon Model
-Solitons
-Statistical Mechanics of Superconductivity
-superconducting logic circuits

did i fuck up?
>>
>>7725071
Everything "condensed matter physics" is good. Everything below real/complex analysis? You dun goofed, son.
>>
>>7724230
Probably because it's an applied course that doesn't give you any intuition about how to actually do statistics.
>>
>>7725071
>taking algebraic topology twice
Why? Is your IQ too low to understand it the first time?
>>
>>7725071
lol
>>
File: 1438728222122.jpg (63 KB, 322x249) Image search: [Google]
1438728222122.jpg
63 KB, 322x249
>>7725071
>>
solid state physics.
quantum mechanics
>>
>>7725081
when i get tests i end up being so high test that i forget to study alegbraic topology since i'm so busy banging your mother.
>>
> aerospace engineering not hard
what, why not
>>
nanotech is killing me atm.
>>
>>7725071
>only 145 credit hours

do some people just not want to graduate? step it up, lazy frosh.
>>
>>7723258

Analysis 3
>>
>>7724814

What do you have to monitor? Can't it be automated?
>>
Computer graphics fucked my asshole. Definitely should have listed more pre-reqs for that class.
>>
>>7724354
Data Structures and Algorithms 2 fuckin wrekt me desu
>>
Mathematical analysis.

The struggle is way too fucking real, man.
>>
CompE here. My department has an infamous class where you have to build an OS from scratch and apparently it takes like 50 hours per week to do all the work or something. Then there's the equally difficult class where you have to build a pipelined processor.

Aside from that, there's algorithms.
>>
>>7724439

I honestly don't know why, but most places require calc 1&2 and then 3 and/or diff eq. no idea why. It pisses me off when I see a CS program that requires calc 1-3, diff eq, but only requires a single discrete course. like what the fuck? would be more useful to reverse that and have 4 discrete courses and 1 calc course.
>>
>>7724448

Are you at Waterloo, and was this in the CO dept?
>>
>>7725359
Rochester Institute of Technology. The class was offered by our math department
>>
>>7725229
We had to check a bunch of things like growth (needed to centrifuge a sample and weigh the pellet) and alcohol % (needed to take a sample and use this alcohol measuring probe) all while having it be shaken in the incubator.

Also, pro tip: you want to minimize alcohol % to maximize yeast growth. My team tried to maximize alcohol % and while we ended up with gross rum, all the yeast was dead.
>>
>>7723258
Nuclear systems and sources
but it's the fun kind of hard
>>
>>7723262
This is bretty cool

>>7724872
This is also pretty cool.
>>
Senior in Civil here, for what it's worth, it would have to be Thermodynamics

I really enjoyed the class and put an absconding amount of work into understanding it but in the end I got a B
>>
Electromagnetic fields and waves.
Yeah, Maxwell's equation are easy to understand, but believe me when i say that problem solving can get as difficult as the teacher wants it to be.
>>
The one were I have to socialise
>>
>>7725778
Jk
>>
Operating Systems and Compilers
>>
>>7725720
>absconding
>this is how STEMfags actually attempt to communicate
>>
>>7723258
Beginners algebra
>>
General consensus is that upper division E&M is the hardest for physics at my school. Haven't taken it yet. Quantum Mechanics is a pain in that it's like learning a whole new language and a whole new set of math skills while also learning the concepts behind the physics. It's certainly doable, but the curve was substantial.
>>
>>7724814
how the fuck is that allowed?

I would go to the student health center and get some kind of medical excuse against that bullshit
>>
>>7723258

> tfw you are the guy from AvE
>>
>>7725726
Are you EE?
>>
>>7725079
Oddly enough, even though it was listed as an EE class, it was strictly a math class. There was not a single lick of application, other than the occasional factoid thrown into the lecture.
>>
>>7725355
Probably because you can't understand the material in physics 1 or 2 without calc 1-3 (or at the very least calc 1-2, and then you pretend like you're doing surface of volume integrals).
>>
Stochastic Methods
Spectral Estimation
Microprocessor Applications
Functional Human Neuroanatomy
Computer Vision
Machine Learning

Taking a Neural Network Signal Processing class next semester, hopefully it's not too rough.

Honestly though, it usually isn't the material that makes a course difficult, it's the presentation and the amount of work professors assign when they know you have more important stuff to be doing.
>>
>>7725355
the reason universities do this, is because there's a high chance that someone is going to change majors. By making the STEM core similar for all the majors, the student isn't penalized nearly as much for switching.

All universities have become diploma machines
>>
>>7724257

Did you use Vivado? That piece of shit made all my projects take prolly twice as long b cause of the shitty DRM licensing that they used.
>>
>>7724257
Sorry anon, maybe you should consider being a premed if you weren't able to swipe a 90 on organic

Definitely the easiest branch of chemistry
>>
>>7724249
what is digital systems exactly? Any good online resources to get started with?
>>
>>7725071
this is a joke right
>>
>>7724104
10/10
>>
Electricity and magnetism. My first b ever. Fucking Jackson.
>>
Grad E&M. Honestly found all the other graduate courses easier, including QFT. Jackson problems are so time-consuming.
>>
>>7723258
Undergrad? Prob Analysis In Several Dimensions.
Grad? Fuck if I know, I've only taken 2 classes.
>>
>>7723568
the feel when Penn State wants to be conservatives and only allows to use calculators and 5th level maths
>>
Applied Fluid Mechanics and Heat Transfer

>Analysis of fluid flow in complex geometries and porous media; unsteady heat conduction, convection, and heat exchange. Analysis and design of driving forces. Introduction to integrated fluid flow-heat transfer processes.
>>
>>7727766
>>7728200

What textbooks did you guys use? Taking E&M 1 this spring and my school is using griffiths. I liked him for intro to QM but i want some more reading material for E&M
>>
File: ylyl.jpg (59 KB, 780x227) Image search: [Google]
ylyl.jpg
59 KB, 780x227
>>7728741
>>7728700
>>7728470
>>7727766
>>7726518
>>7727093
>>7726281
by far the hardest class is biochem followed closely by Han Solo's son kills him and is the main bad guy in the new starwars movie. The movie is now completely ruined.
>>
File: 1450418719932.jpg (143 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1450418719932.jpg
143 KB, 500x500
>>7728743
>implying any of us are going to waste our time with that shit movie
>>
>>7726261

Yeah, and how are Physics I and II related to Computer Science...? I could understand Computer Engineering or something.
>>
>>7728741
I used jackson since I'm a grad student.

I used nayfeh for undergrad. Terrible book, but it as a lot of goos examples, so I suggest to get it and working out the examples/problems. Its only like 20$ on Amazon. Griffiths is a good book, but I dont think it alone prepares you for the horrors that are Jackson EM.
>>
>>7723746
calc 2
>>
>>7728793
This is why nobody takes computer science majors seriously.
>>
>>7728953
Computer science major reporting for duty
>>
>>7724354
>>7724408
>>7725245
>>7725239

>>>/g/tfo and never return

>>7723746

There are no difficult classes in CS.
>>
Autocad 1

:^)
>>
Clinical Immunology, although plenty of others come close. I don't know how I'm meant to memorise all these different subsets of lymphocytes, the chemicals they release, what those chemicals do, and how all of this fits into various systems of inflammation.
>>
>>7724249
Circuit Analysis wasnt as difficult as digital systems. My professor made it difficult by not giving us instructions on how to even set up our Altera board.
>>
>>7725941

Oooh, yer judgmental. Not enough axons to be a STEM?
>>
>>7723258
Geology grad here.
It was all pretty easy.

More geology feels
>tfw smashing and trundling boulders which have probably sat for thousands of years for the fuck of it
>tfw cold beer after a day in the field
>tfw no girls in classes to give the dickite
>tfw finding asbestos
>tfw undergrads fuck up all the good outcrops
>tfw losing your compass, hammer, hand lens, gps
>tfw your map blows away
>soft rock """geologists"""
>ayy bb lemme see that dip angle so i can strike that
>tfw people tell you stupid fucking geology """jokes""" and puns you've heard 100 times before
>>
>>7729005
high school isn't a major
>>
Microeconomic Theory :^)
>>
>>7728741
Undergrad E&M uses Griffiths, grad E&M uses Jackson.

>Griffiths is a good book, but I dont think it alone prepares you for the horrors that are Jackson EM.
I had a class that used Griffiths my first year and a class that used Jackson my second year, and the problems weren't impossible. They just take forever to write up.
>>
>>7728741
I should add that if anything Griffiths' QM is the one that won't prepare you for future classes unless you do every problem in the book. After chapter 4 it kind of goes to shit. I would just read Shankar, it's allegedly a graduate level text but an undergrad can read it easily.
>>
Control systems
>>
>>7729147

I think you're talking about Digital Logic, I took that in second year. And I used Alteras like you did.

Digital System Design is a 4th year cmpe design course. Very open ended.

http://www.xilinx.com/products/boards-and-kits/1-4azfte.html

Used the 7010 boards. They're not the easiest to tame and you can't make any mistakes when programming them as going back to fix them is often a tedious process (sometimes faster to start from scratch).
>>
Signals/Systems
>>
File: 1450076459289.png (185 KB, 298x360) Image search: [Google]
1450076459289.png
185 KB, 298x360
>>7723258
Al-gore Rhythms
>>
File: be3.gif (173 KB, 600x554) Image search: [Google]
be3.gif
173 KB, 600x554
>>7723848
>Mfw when this is a math major pretending to be an engineer.
KEK.
>>
Endocrinology or neurological pharmacology. Taking both next semester..I'm fucked.
>>
>>7729123
I feel you. I just finished up a histology course and the amount of cellular secretions and interactions is horrific.
>>
>>7728953

I'm being serious here. Computer Science is about the mathematics behind computation, not about the physical computers. It would be more helpful to put in more math, rather than put some physics in.
>>
File: lyapu.png (27 KB, 906x133) Image search: [Google]
lyapu.png
27 KB, 906x133
>>7723258
Intelligent Systems Analysis
>>
Physical Chemistry II, Advanced Analytical, or Inorganic Chemistry II...
Basically a toss up. Choose your poison.
>>
>>7728953
Explain
>>
>>7723258
Corporate Finance
Cost Accounting

Both are tied.
>>
>>7727766
Memetronichs here, so far the same, coupled by the fact my teacher is some senile asshole who forgot what inductance is and it's only interested on the girls in the classroom.
I'm glad it's over, course was a waste of time though .
>>
File: 1416345422605.jpg (62 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1416345422605.jpg
62 KB, 800x600
>>7725339
Building a pipelined processor wasn't that hard with an FPGA, and real time OS isn't that hard to program. Though I'll give it to you, those are pretty much the most difficult classes in our major.
>>
>>7729198
If you're in a PhD program, I could see this being the case. I've heard the first time you take an econ course that's theory based and requires proofs is difficult.
>>
>>7729182
I'm pretty pumped to get my undergrad I jus finished my second year and I love all my classes/professors I eventually wanna make it to petroleum geologist but know that requires a masters and a lot of work experience. I live out in idaho so I'm trying to decide which school to go to for my masters and bachelors (finishing up my last year in cc at my local town) I'm thinking somewhere where there's plenty of oil and jobs available
>>
File: lookfor.jpg (133 KB, 500x666) Image search: [Google]
lookfor.jpg
133 KB, 500x666
>>7724823
>real anal
>>7724956
apply pumping lemma
>linguist here
>>
>>7723258
Intro to java programming
>>
>>7730022
Inorganic II? Really? What the fuck does your professor do to make Inorganic hard at an undergraduate level
>>
Applied math major here

I expect it to be probability theory or real analysis, neither of which I have taken. Spending this year fleshing out my knowledge of algebraic topics...took abstract algebra and combinatorial number theory last sem, taking representation theory, cryptology, and a class applying representation theory to chemistry next sem
Thread replies: 195
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.