[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I bought this saline solution that's used for cleaning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: scared-cat.jpg (22 KB, 650x444) Image search: [Google]
scared-cat.jpg
22 KB, 650x444
So I bought this saline solution that's used for cleaning your eyes from the pharmacy because they said the stuff that's used for injections are prescription only. Is it safe to use this for intra-muscular injections? Obviously it's sterile and it also doesn't contain preservatives, which is good and bad. They wouldn't tell me why, they just said you can't use this for injections because it's for your eyes. I only need 2ml. I guess worst case scenario it hurts more? Anything else that could happen? Interference with the medication? Serious electrolyte imbalance?

Here are the ingredients:
Sodium chloride (0.9%), Disodium phosphate, potassium dihydrogen phosphate, potassium dihydrogen phosphate 7, and pH neutral water.
>>
You're fine.
>>
>>7721542
Are you being sarcastic? I rather not get heart failure or waste my medication.
>>
>>7721539
the only side effect would be a bit of salty taste in your mouth and some sleepiness for the next 12 or so hours.

Other than that I don't think it'd affect you in any way. I am a med student completing his last year if that helps.

Just make sure the injection is clean and sterile and you don't inject any air bubbles.
>>
>>7721539
How about you don't inject things if you don't know what the fuck you are doing?
>>
Natural selection is a wonderful thing.
>>
>>7721601
How in the hell would this leave him with a salty taste in his mouth? I'm genuinely curious.
>>
>>7721650
you'd be surprised how some salt compounds trigger the salivary glands to induce a particular taste. It's not uncommon for patients to experience a particular taste when injected with some medicines.

It's nothing to worry about honestly
>>
>>7721655
I know of this phenomenon, I just assumed that 2 mL of a 0.9 % solution of NaCl would be way too small a dose to administer intramuscularly and get gustatory side effects, especially when considering pharmacokinetics.

Would you still predict these side effects if the intramuscular injection was to the, say, vastus medialis?
>>
>>7721692
I would not recommend that. I'd suggest you should go to a nearby pharmacy and ask them to help you out with this. Shell out a few bucks if it's extremely necessary.

Truth be told I don't see how injecting it in vatus may cause any complications.
>>
>>7721715
Now I'm confused.

OP mentioned that he wanted to inject 2 mL of this solution intramuscularly: Sodium chloride (0.9%), Disodium phosphate, potassium dihydrogen phosphate, potassium dihydrogen phosphate 7, and pH neutral water.

Did you perhaps misread his post and assume that he would take the solution orally or that it had something to do with his eyes? Or maybe you assumed that he would administer intramuscularly really close to his mouth?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.