[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the most common race on /sci/? I assume majority of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 3
File: UTS-15IRL.jpg (222 KB, 1050x641) Image search: [Google]
UTS-15IRL.jpg
222 KB, 1050x641
What is the most common race on /sci/?
I assume majority of you are Asian.
http://strawpoll.me/6271565
>>
native american checking in
>>
>>7721289
What tribe?
>>
So far all the stereotyped races to love science have not reported in yet
>>
>>7721292
cherokee
>>
>>7721301
Is it weird to live in a country that only exists because land was stolen from your ancestors?
>>
>>7721280
why wouldn't you make a straw poll asking people what their race is
>>
>>7721310
ehh, yes and no. I recognize the fact that our land was stolen, but I also recognize the fact that if we really wanted to, we could've united the tribes to decimate the small groups of incoming Europeans. I often think about what the Americas would look like without European infringement, due to its geographic location and vast resources think it would still be a massively important country.
>>
>>7721301
blackfoot master race
>>
>>7721324
Us "white devils" advanced your "people" by a thousand years.
>>
>>7721326
>never called you a white devil
>technology eventually reaches everyone
>Europeans didn't advance the majority of us, they killed most of us
>>
>>7721324
>tribes constantly engaging in savage fighting and africa tier bullshit
>finally utterly defeated instead of hundreds more years locked in a stalemate with other tribes
>yeah wed totally fuck those guys with superior tech and diseases weve no resistance to
shouldnt you be dying of alcohol poisoning or something
>>
>>7721332
>they killed most of us
Yep.
>>
>>7721326
That's not totally true, we did advance them in some ways though yes.

>>7721324
Your probably right it would still be important. That'd be interesting as like an alternate history thing, what if the natives won? We get plenty what if Hitler won? Why not this?

Why do you think they didn't unite? They didn't think we'd really take everything maybe?
>>
>>7721334
>implying none of this happened in Europe
>>
>>7721336
WE WUZ ADVANCED N SHIT

WE MADE TEE PEES N SHIT
>>
>>7721336
didn't unite:
>tribes at war already, too many problems, didn't see their extinction coming

tribes practiced appeasement essentially, led to their downfall (not that they could've done anything without uniting)
>>
>>7721338
Ice Beaner
>>
Are Native Americans IQ's lower than White Europeans? Is that why they were so technologically behind?
>>
>>7721357
on average asians have higher IQs than white europeans and they were also technologically behind europe
>>
we are niggers
>>
>>7721362
400 years ago did they have higher IQ's on average?

We will never know, but I am inclined to believe yes.
>>
>>7721357
They weren't that behind. Guns at that time were so shit a person with a spear or a bow and arrow could definitely still be dangerous. Also we have failed to take over other places even when we had a technology edge, the primary reason we beat the native americans was disease resistance not technology technological superiority.

So you should really be asking why were they so weak to smallpox?
>>
>>7721368
>They weren't that behind
>Lived in teepees and mud huts
>Europeans lived in giant stone castles

WE WUZ ADVANCED N SHIT

*becomes alcoholic*
>>
Numidian reporting in
>>
>>7721340
>>7721372
you talk and probably look like the amazing atheist
>>
>>7721400
You can't deny it baby :)
>>
>>7721372
>stone castles
Mostly no. We weren't invading here during the dark ages anon. Europe had cities.

Also the Aztec capital was larger and more populous than London at that time and certainly not made of teepees.

More nomadic tribes were simpler though sure. I'm just saying they weren't all in teepees.
>>
>>7721403
What if I told you the Holy Roman Empire started out as a tribal society that lived in huts made of straw and shit
>>
>>7721597
Pretty accurate. The Germanic tribes were barbarians without written language in the same era that the Romans had Cicero and Augustus and the Chinese had a massive bureaucracy ruling 50 million people.
>>
>>7721280
4chan users are predominantly white, considering how the site is popular in America/Europe and blocked in China.
>>
>>7721604
Didn't stop Teutoburger Wald from happening, though. Barbarian doesn't equate with stupid.
>>
>>7721597
What if I told you native American "peoples" were STILL living in huts at the same time the Roman empire existed and had created advanced architectural buildings.

Native Americans were STILL living in huts by the time Europeans engineered large ships to cross the ocean, and engineered steel armour, and engineered advanced weapons at the time. Etc etc
>>
>>7721326
Yes, we showed you all kinds of the new torture and rape techniques which didn't even cross your wildest ayahuasca induced dreams.
Also, new combinations of burning women and children :

White Devil sr. : "No, son, you don't kick them until they're unconscious, you keep them awake and THEN you burn their women and children."

White Devil jr. : "Oh dad, when will I ever learn?"

Cue sitcom medly.
>>
>>7721365
Asian society focused much more on culture than science. Look at the Chinese, they probably have more poems than all the works of the Western world combined. I don't have numbers but I'm not kidding either.
>>
>>7721280
>Asians
>partake in recreational math

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
>>
>>7721368

>Doesnt know that there exists such a thing as firing lines.

Don't spout nonsense. If guns were useless nobody would use them. WWI was brutal because commanders thought guns were shit and had idiots charge up with swords and shit. Pls.
>>
>>7721368
>They weren't that behind.
This is ridiculous. It's like you think that there had been no advances in warfare from neolithic times to 1500AD. Let's take a look at a few things that Native Americans didn't have:
-Pike formations
-drills
-the concept of "volleys"
-metal armor
-horses. HORSES!!!!
-cannons, or literally any type of artillery
-Supply trains and logistics

Like seriously, there are accounts of INDIVIDUAL Spaniards killing a thousand Aztecs in pitched battle in a single day. There was a huge gap in how Native Americans fought and how Europeans fought.
>>
>>7721610
And Japan has 2chan, don't forget that.
>>
I don't know. My ethnic background is north African I usually assume that I'm 'middle eastern' even if that isn't a race officially.
>>
>>7721691
>Asian society focused much more on culture

yes and no

it's so fucking collectivist, they've never had any significant changes in eras in art(though I'm an ignorant foreigner making this statement)

you don't have wildly different movements like baroque, renaissance, romanticsm, realism etc in asia
>>
File: 6crpr9spgyo0.jpg (98 KB, 400x425) Image search: [Google]
6crpr9spgyo0.jpg
98 KB, 400x425
Asian
>>
>>7721700
They didn't have any metal weaponry either. The used stone, bone and glass.
>>
>>7721280
Majority of /sci/, as well as the rest of 4chan are all white OP.
>>
>>7721697
What does WWI have to do with this? Didn't say they were useless either I said they were shit and they were.

>>7721700
I'm aware they were behind although faulting them for not having horses is kinda silly they didn't live here.

That doesn't change the fact the Europeans have failed to take over other places even with a technology edge. We won because they couldn't get their shit together and organize against us and they had no resistance to our diseases. Technology was a factor but not the primary one.
>>
>>7721654
>Yes, we showed you all kinds of the new torture
If anything it was them who showed us new torture techniques
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captives_in_American_Indian_Wars

But, that's right facts don't matter when it comes to making white people look like the bad guys.
>>
>>7721336
>what if natives won
this would make a lot of americans uncomfortable, therefore its never talked about. lol, americants
>>
>>7721336
>Huge amounts of Germans don't move to the US
>Hitler has more Germans to fight WWII
>Nazis win since weak european countries can't get the US to give them free shit
>world is a better place
I like this idea desu
>>
>>7721336
The natives did win. Just look at your average American and your average Eskimo. Indians look a lot more like Eskimos to me. Besides, why would they be Indians instead of Americans if they were the natives and not some immigrants?

Fucking Europeans, stupid fucks.
>>
>>7721301
My great grandmother was pure Cherokee which makes me white as fuck.
>>
>>7721365
more advanced society usually leads to higher IQ because its a more appreciated trait. that doesnt mean they had a higher IQ but it makes the statement more plausible than the negation
>>
>>7721280

German/Scots-Irish checking in

>mfw I've got some French blood in meh
>>
>>7722295
The kind of thinking has changed. Our society is more symbolic and focuses on abstract thinking. The past was focused on concrete thinking and traditions. We memorize less stuff and deal with more logical type thinking. We're better at IQ tests and figuring stuff out but our memories have declined.
>>
Danish, Irish, Native American (Cree), German, with a little bit of Russian and Swedish. I'm destined to be an alcoholic.
>>
>>7721280
south east asian checking in

thai/viet/chin/cambodian blood

>tfw handsome as fuck
>not as smart as handsome though

we're sort of the mexicans of asia
>>
>>7721416
London:
"the population rose from an estimated 50,000 in 1530 to about 225,000 in 1605"

You probably believe that Tenochtitlan had 200k to 300k people.
Tenochtitlan had an area of 8 square km to 13.5 square km.
This means a population density between 14814 per square km to 37500 per square km.

For reference Manhattan has a population density of 27672.6 per square km. That's with people living in giant skyscrapers.

The idea that Tenochtitlan had a higher population than London is silly.
>>
>>7721745
Yes they did. Spaniards used swords forged by blacksmiths
>>
>no option for trans-ethnicity
>>
>>7721280
We're obviously mostly white, the Asian meme is only at American universities where the best and brightest of over 2 billion people end up, Asians in general are retarded. Especially Indians, but Japanese excluded.
>>
>>7721326
>whites come steal land and the kill natives
>few centuries later when the spoiled retard generation is there
>"Yeah, we basically came to do you a favor. We taught you. That was the reason lel"
>>
>>7721292
slapaho
>>
>>7722478
WE WUZ KANGZ AND SHIET
>>
>>7721700
> Pike formations
> individual soldier
>>
>>7722381
>best and brightest of over 2 billion people end up
lel. Top tier Asian students end up at top tier Asian universities. Rich, second tier Asian students end up at top tier American universities.
>>
>>7721280
>6 Native Americans

No wonder we have all this shitposting.

Land doesn't belong to you just because you lived there once faggots. By that logic all the nomadic European tribes can claim half the planet.

It belongs to whoever conquered it last. Today's generations aren't held accountable for any of that since international law and borders have changed like it always does. and you shouldn't get to bitch about it and get special rights.

Eat shit and die faggots. Not even American.
>>
>>7722478
Hunter Gatherer tribes have been getting out-competed by large agriculturalist empires since neolithic times, in both the New and Old World. Your shitty small tribes would eventually get destroyed or conquered by another empire no matter what the nature of that empire was. Stop being butthurt because the particular empire that conquered you happened to be from another continent.

Europe came to America when the worst pre-Colombian cultures existed tbqh, stop acting so proud about it.
>>
>>7722518
Well yeah they fall under "best". Whether we like it or not that's what trustfund babies are born into.
>>
>>7722526
>Native American complains about stolen land
>"Hurr finders keepers"
>Muzzies move in on Sweden
>"REEE ITS WHITE ANCESTRAL LAND!"
>>
>>7722526
Half my family holds this logic (I'm partially native american but not retarded). It's preached like religion. They're actual racists with a sense of pride about being as pure aboriginal as possible (even though they're fucking not.)

No one today should be held accountable for colonization because no one alive today had anything to do with it. The fucking chiefs on reserves cause more trouble for native american lives than anyone else these days. The "Europeans" living here in Canada have been alive in North America as long as any native american of equal age.

What kind of stupid logic is it that if your ancestors were here you are special? You yourself weren't here any longer than anyone else. That's why everyone hates them.
>>
>>7722569
The difference is that we conquered their lands you dumb fuck.
In Sweden you retarded cucked liberals are handing it to them for free.
>>
>>7721336
Then they would continue on doing nothing like Australian aborigines. Their culture just did not support sciences and advancement.
>>
>>7721700
>Supply trains and logistics
>drills
definitely not true in the case of mesoamerican empires.
>>
>>7723025
this
>>
Y'all niggas need to chill.
>>
>>7723072

>need to chill

Nigger I triple dog dare you to make us chill
>>
>>7723074
Chillax nigguh, it's a bootiful day outside. perfect time to be all zen and shit.
Stay chill and the world is yours youknowhati'msayin?
>>
>>7721292
Zapotec
>>
>>7721280
Makes me sick to think I have read posts from this many niggers
>>
>>7721292
Long islands
>>
>>7721280
i'm romanian
i'd hardly call it white
fuckin gypsy scum
>>
>I assume majority of you are Asian.
anyone could tell you you're wrong
>>
>>7723783
Just put in Halfbreed.
>>
>>7721280
australian aborigine checking in
>>
>>7723082

>Muh nigga.

Rollin n scratchin, hittin dem switchez, ridin dirty.....
>>
>>7723025
>Bought New York for $20
>Conquered
>>
White
>>
>>7721280
I was born in Mexico, so I am Mexican. But I Consider myself more America I been living in USA more than in Mexico. Legally too. You guys make a good debate.
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.