[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should using amphetamines during testing be considered cheating?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: ThreeHundredBigBoys.jpg (63 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
ThreeHundredBigBoys.jpg
63 KB, 576x432
Should using amphetamines during testing be considered cheating?
>>
Yes, and illegal.
>>
>>7720954
>>7720957
>over clocking your CPU to play a game or run an intensive calculation is cheating
>>
>>7720957
not to be overly /pol/ but what if you are prescribed it?
>>
>Morality
>Legality
Go back to /his/.
The real question is,is using amphetamines during a test useful? and we all know it is,so use them or shut up.
>>
>>7720987
hah fair enough /thread
>>
>>7720962
If you're benchmarking that computer and not listing it as overclocked then yes it is cheating.
>>
>>7720962
>Intel Caught in Computing Scandal: CPUs Overclocked for Benchmarking.

No. VW wasn't "cheating" emissions tests either.
>>
>needing to use drugs to study and pass classes

lol git gud losers
>>
>>7720942

They don't help you take exams
>>
That's good idea, but i saw my friend was just passing anatomy exam om amphetamines and SUDDENLY he'd got a complete stupor. He was standing and there were bubbles of saliva on his lips.
>>
>>7720954
>>7720957
>>7720990
>>7720991
>>7721022
>>7721034
>>7721006
People who have no experience with drugs or are underage should not post here.

Academias goal is human advancement and progress, so whatever works is fine.

If it were math olympiad it would be something different.
>>
>>7721040
Okay one of them was a response that straight up said they don't help you pass exams. It wasn't even anti-drugs.

That being said, you're a degenerate.
>>
>>7721043
But they do help you take exams, does not mean there is anything wrong with that.
>>
Not in a society that demands the classes be passed. If the human can just drop out and live a healthy, happy, productive, fulfilling life without passing the test, then it should be considered cheating.
>>
>>7721053
There is no test, not even an HIV test, where getting a bad result necessitates an unhappy, unfulfilling life. It's all in the attitude.

Taking amphetamines for tests is fine...if that person then goes ahead to use that drug whenever they're working. Which is impossible.

And don't use the "they'll never use it" excuse. A mong who can't pass Calculus or Composition doesn't deserve a university distinction no matter what.
>>
No. I just took a final on addy and ended up spending all the time answering shitty short answer questions cause i was too focused, ran out of time and did poorly
>>
Lol.

>Wahh I suck at math and science and failed my final exam wahhhhh!!
>Fucking degenerates and their drugs that make them IQ:165.

Amphetamines literally only help with studying, not actually passing the exams. Of course it varies from person to person, but I have always found them to tunnel vision and constrict my thoughts preventing me from seeing the solutions to seemingly easy problems to a sober person.

It doesn't fucking matter either way. The increase of scores is literally miniscule from what I have seen in myself and peers. As well as the difference between using drugs to do better on the exam and using drugs just because is nuance. Is the person who drinks coffee while studying a cheater? What about the person smoking weed on the weekends?

Fucking straight edge babys need to grow up and either realize their incompetence or realize grades are not as much of a competition as they would like to think.
>>
>>7720942
I take Vyvanse due to my ADD diagnosis. I've finally managed to ween myself off of them during non school days with a strict routine and lots of meditation. I don't feel like I'm getting any advantage during test taking. They do provide a distinct advantage in giving me an easy way to stay up doing homework/studying than other people due to it being a very strong stimulant. That stuff takes me longer anyway, though, so it's not like I'm actually getting any benefit (they'd probably be a powerful nootropic for normies to get studying done).

In terms of test taking it feels like I'm finally normal and up to par with other people when I'm in school. I don't think any quicker, I don't make any fewer mistakes, and it certainly doesn't make me better at whatever I'm doing. It just finally lets me focus on the test instead of how my pencil looks a little funny, or the professor's podium is a little off balance.
>>
No. If you think its cheating you also probably think college classes are hard.
>>
>>7720987
>>7720989
>and we all know it is
Don't be too quick to think that though. Yes I have used speed to improve test performance before, but you still have to be careful because of how much it focuses your mind. You may study one thing exhaustively while completely forgetting to review some other tested topic. Then when you get to a test question regarding this ignored material, being on speed, you will automatically start to frantically write every damn thing you know about the subject of the question. Don't be surprised if your answer rolls to the back of the test page. Science professors typically will NOT like this. They can tell when you're just "writing around the answer" in an attempt to hide your ignorance of the simpler, underlying principle regarding the question's subject that usually, at least in the sciences, makes for the best answer, and the easiest to grade.

Personally, I think the ideal use of speed is to use it when you have to write a long paper. You will not "proofread" your work, you will fucking optimize it. On ~90mgs once I wrote a paper and neurotically changed it for the better so many times that I stayed up all night and then kept altering the thing straight through the very class it was due in late that morning. It was a final paper for a gen-ed, so I didn't retrieve it graded, but IIRC it helped my grade, in a polysci/commie indoctrination class that I hated, improve by a lot.
>>
Is there an easy way to legally get adderall?
>>
>>7721194
> I have always found them to tunnel vision and constrict my thoughts preventing me from seeing the solutions to seemingly easy problems to a sober person.

I had the exact same experience when I took it during an exam once.
I felt lobotomized and forgot basic maths. Never again.
>>
The students with no prescription who use adderall and other study drugs tend to do worse than those who don't.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3558594/pdf/nihms412114.pdf
http://archive.sph.harvard.edu/cas/Documents/stimulants/McCabe_2005.pdf
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2857807/
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3313072/
>>
>>7721526
"Worse" relative to other students, or relative to their pre-drugged selves?
>>
>>7721492
yes
>>
>>7721584
explain
>>
>>7721492
lie
>>
>>7721589
about
>>
If your test is meant to give your future employers a way to know how good at your work you are, taking amphetamines is cheating unless you plan on taking them for every day for the rest of your working life.
>>
File: 1442049219049.png (67 KB, 230x230) Image search: [Google]
1442049219049.png
67 KB, 230x230
mfw top marks whilst not needed stims
mfw you low iq faggots claim to be smart whilst cheating
mfw you are all unmotivated faggots
>>
Should using amphetamines to study be considered cheating?
>>
>>7721194

I have legit ADD and for me they do help on exams, but they are much much more useful for actual study. They dont help rote memorization much, but they are extremely valauble for working through material and gaining an understanding.

If it helps anyone as much as it helps me I think it would be a travesty to restrict the use, academia is not a zero sum game and you only get one shot at life, so why restrict yourself?
>>
File: :^).gif (2 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
:^).gif
2 MB, 500x500
>>7722041

>mfw I can take a pill that negates any sort of advantage you have over me, leaving you only with an unwarranted sense of superiority
>>
File: 1450191504722.gif (2 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1450191504722.gif
2 MB, 500x500
>>7722118
I could not help but notice your gif was not optimized anon.
I have optimized your gif.
Your gif is now optimized.
>>
File: 1449525348900.gif (2 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1449525348900.gif
2 MB, 500x500
>>7722203

Thanks
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.