[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to be immune to alcohol? I am pretty sure I can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: alcohol11.jpg (29 KB, 400x357) Image search: [Google]
alcohol11.jpg
29 KB, 400x357
Is it possible to be immune to alcohol? I am pretty sure I can't get drunk.
>>
>>7720773
"Whenever I drink, I can't remember being drunk! I must be immune to alcohol!"
>>
File: 1397998865394s.jpg (5 KB, 209x250) Image search: [Google]
1397998865394s.jpg
5 KB, 209x250
>>7720773
No, it's impossible.
Your brain cannot function properly without oxygen.

There are factors that can mitigate its effects.
If you're a big guy, for example.

If you really don't think you can't get drunk just pick up a pint of rum and drink it very quickly.
>>
>>7720780
But I do remember everything and never behave any differently.
>>
>>7720780
kek'd
>>
>>7720813
why does alchohol impede the transfer of oxygen to the brain?
>>
There are genes that allow people to very efficiently metabolize alcohol. For instance, some people have a gene that allows them to metabolize alcohol into non-toxic substances, so they don't get sloshed. I forget how it works, but some people are genetically predisposed to getting hammered.

That being said, it is impossible to be immune to alcohol. If you drink enough you will get drunk and then die.
>>
>>7720813
oh so that's why i've never gotten that drunk before

next time i drink i'll be sure to drink more

for you
>>
>>7720773
Lol you're probably fat as fuck.
>>
>>7720773
Become the alcohol become immune
>>
>>7721153
>>7720813

this
tell us your weight OP
no lying now
>>
the key is to drink a lot in a short amount of time. drinking a lot on one night doesn't mean much if you space it out.
>>
>>7720773
you're not immune, but you can have a high tolerance. If you take 50 shots in an hour you're still gonna die
>>
>>7720849
I just reviewed your data and it is impeccable.

It is also doesn't exist
>>
You will get drunk if you drink enough. It's inevitable. Your liver processes about 1 drink per hour, on average, though there are a variety of ethanol metabolizing enzymes, and maybe you naturally produce a lot of one or more. I used to have a girlfriend who had a genetic anomaly that made her almost unable to process ethanol; she would get dangerously hammered on a single drink. Anyway, there aren't any known polymorphisms that make such enzymes more effective, but it would be really interesting if you had one. Could be worth checking out.

But anyway, drinking doesn't mean you'll automatically act like a hooligan and find yourself surrounded by semi-clad women. That's mostly in beer commercials and when you go to Vegas and get handed a spiked lollipop in the strip club bathroom.

>>7720813
>Your brain cannot function properly without oxygen.
Yes, but that has nothing to do with consuming alcohol, unless you hold your breath a lot when you're drunk.

If anything, you get more oxygen to your brain while drunk as your body tries to blow off the alcohol (and deal with pH issues) by increasing your rate of breathing.
>>
>>7721137
you mean the different variants of alcohol dehydrogenase? you stupid shit
>>
>>7720773
>Is it possible to be immune to alcohol?
No

>I am pretty sure I can't get drunk.
You're a pussy. Drink more hard liquor
>>
>>7720773
>Is it possible to be immune to alcohol?
No. What ethanol intoxication does to you depends on your starting state at the time, and your physiology. But it will do something. And kill you at high enough concentrations.

>I am pretty sure I can't get drunk.
You can. From your post I'm imagining you drinking twisted tea, or hard cider, or shitty beer or something. Drink some 80 proof vodka, rum, whiskey, tequila, etc. You will become drunk.
>>
Why can't elves get drunk in the lotr series?
>>
Do you trip on DXM frequently. Taking DXM increases your alcohol tolerance dramatically once it has worn off, allowing you to drink insane amounts without getting drunk.

Warning: drinking alcohol while tripping on DXM can be lethal.
>>
>>7722969
Because they are literally magic
>>
>take tramadol
>drink 1 beer
>absolutely smashed
>>
>>7720773
H a r d
a
r
d

L i q u o r
i
q
u
o
r
>>
>>7720773
>>Americans drink american piss
>>"ahm naht druunk"
>>
>>7720773
are you incredibly fucking fat??
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.