[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Depression I have been depressed since i was a child and never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshots_2015-12-14-23-27-43.png (317 KB, 682x1084) Image search: [Google]
Screenshots_2015-12-14-23-27-43.png
317 KB, 682x1084
Depression

I have been depressed since i was a child and never got treatment. Should i just kill myself?
>>
>>7720567
a heavy dose of shrooms might change your perspective a bit. otherwise, see a doctor and get a prescription for an ssri, people take them like candy these days.
>>
NSI-189
>>
>>>/adv/
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>7720567
take a shit ton of fish oil, and learn a new math subject each day

worked for me
>>
>>7720567
>Should i just kill myself?
Of course, just do it.
>>
Remember to donate your body to science if you do kill yourself
>>
>>7720661
/r9k/ is now shit, flooded with failed normies, and its becoming as worse as social anxiety support.

/adv/ is a better board.
>>
>>7720567
the brain is pretty much immune to any of that bullshit

you can probably change it back

if you want motivation look up extreme cases of hydrocephalus.
>>
>>7720567
Sooner or later you will kill yourself. There is no cure for depression. It's like a tumor on your soul, growing and growing, causing more and more pain, until you can't take it anymore. I've tried therapy, I've tried meds, I've tried distraction, I've tried improvement. You cannot escape depression. It'll only grow stronger and take control of you. The future is hopeless and full of suffering.
>>
>>7720681
How does someone do that anyway?
>>
>>7720567
>never got treatment

Well, first get treatment and then kill yourself if doesn't work.
>>
>>7720567
Can confirm >>7720622 is definitely correct. If you ever think suicide is the answer psilocybin will make dissociate from yourself without killing you and maybe you'll get an objective look at your life or the world that'll stay with you when you're sober.
>>
Was depressed due to light deprivation for 2 weeks last year. Every second I had suicide thoughts and it was the worst feeling ever. How did you survive your childhood?
>>
>>7720622
ssri's are pretty shit

sure, you don't sink to the lowest lows, but you can't feel happiness either. you still feel just as hopeless but you can't muster up the emotions needed to deal with your problems.

in analogy form, the ssri flotation device keeps you from drowning but it doesn't allow you to experience swimming in any way

you can't cum either, fyi

in retrospect, the things that ended up helping me out of my worst depression the most were the experiences i forced myself into. i sat at my pc after scheduling my doctor's appointment and thought, "what are the three scariest things i can think of?" so i found a way to experience all of them. for me, it was jarring events that ripped me out of complacency-turned-stagnation

and yes, i know this is all anecdotal, and that we can experience depression to various degrees and from various causes.
>>
>>7720622

Are shrooms a bad idea when my only previous experience tripping is being in a K-Hole (to be honest I was happy for days after it, terrified during it)? I also get cannabis psychosis.

>>7723143
I didn't see sunlight for a week after fucking up my sleeping schedule felt infinitely worse. Sunlight or at least light-therapy is a necessity esp. in winter.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.