[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup human biology friends. PLEASE HELP ME. I am physically
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: 1.png (327 KB, 942x798) Image search: [Google]
1.png
327 KB, 942x798
Sup human biology friends.

PLEASE HELP ME.

I am physically unable to burp and it causes pressure and pain in my stomach and chest.
It feels like my stomach exist even trying to digest my food.

I've had endoscopies, barium studies and a bunch of other shit done and absolutely nothing helps.

It started happening 2 years ago and has gotten progressively worse.

What could be causing this?

-bacterial infection paralyzing the stomach?

-some mechanical problem with the flap in my stomach that lets air out?

WHAT?!!?!?!

I also have a hiatus hernia, but that usually doesn't cause symptoms like this.

Oh, you guys want my E-s-d barium images?

Please help!!!
>>
>>7718968
It's probably all in your head

what happens when you drink lots of carbonated beverages? lots of pain and still no burping?

For a long time I had to sort of swallow to let gas escape from my stomach, work on your belching, bro
>>
File: 1441565549024.jpg (64 KB, 481x450) Image search: [Google]
1441565549024.jpg
64 KB, 481x450
>>7718973
>It's probably all in your head
Really now?
>>
File: IM000003.png (287 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
IM000003.png
287 KB, 1024x1024
What am I looking at here guys?
>>
File: IM000002.png (224 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
IM000002.png
224 KB, 1024x1024
What about this one.
>>
File: IM000001.png (354 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
IM000001.png
354 KB, 1024x1024
This must mean SOMETHING.

HALP
>>
dude post it on Radiopaedia.org or the facebook page and you'll get answers from technologists eventually

regarding gas - could be a protozoa infection below your duodenum? or some other parasite - is your gas really sulphuric?

where does the pain start? does it radiate from your left floating rib to your right floating rib?

have you tried beano and stuff like that?

how do altoids, dextrose pills, and antacids feel?
>>
>>7718968

achalasia

you dun goofed op
>>
Shove a clean tube down your esophagus to the top of your stomach when you're in pain, it's gross but the gas will have a place to go.
>>
>>7719131
This. Learn to deep-throat.

Alternatively you can learn to puke on command. That'll probably do the trick too.
>>
File: IM000001.png (353 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
IM000001.png
353 KB, 1024x1024
>>7719032
>Radiopaedia.org
Don't you have to be a doctor to post on there.
It looks like there's no forums there.

>or the facebook page
Don't have facebook.

>could be a protozoa infection below your duodenum? or some other parasite
Yes could it.

What kinds of infections exist there?

Do parasites exist inside people's chests?

>where does the pain start?
My upper chest, right now it's in the middle of my chest.

>have you tried beano and stuff like that?
No, but I don't know if gas is the problem, it's just getting the gas I do have out.

>altoids
taste minty fresh

>dextrose pills
Why would sugar pills do anything?

>antacids feel?
do nothing

>>7719121
>achalasia
>a condition in which the muscles of the lower part of the esophagus fail to relax, preventing food from passing into the stomach.

If this is what I have, what could have caused this?
>>
>>7719176
>gas in chest
Its more than likley your lung would collapse if that were the case, or at the least breathing would become a lot harder.

>dextrose
Try a bunch maybe its your gut bacteria producing the gas and its chronic gas pain. Probiotics 3/day and a fuck ton of fibre for a week to let the little guys settle in.

>parasites
Dunno

>facebook
get one and post them to raediopedia.org, tons of people responding to questions.
>>
>>7718973
this. Try shotgunning a beer without burping, it can't be done.
>>
>>7718968

Sounds like an issue with peristalsis, which, since you have a hiernia, isn't too surprising overall.

>hiatus hernia

Your stomach is bulging up through your diaphragm into the space that only your esophagus should occupy. It's extremely reasonable for this to be the cause of your inability to burp.

Either get the hernia surgically fixed or, if you're poor, try to do something to force your stomach to move downwards.

Here's what I would do in your position:

>exercise regularly

Failing that:

>get blackout drunk to slaughter any potential bacterial guests or parasites.
Bottle of goldschlager consumed in three hours should do the trick. Take five hours if you're a manlet. Have plenty of rice or simple carbs on hand to eat while drunk. Pickled foods as well.
>week long probiotics course
Cram yourself full of yoghurt and over the counter probiotics.
>drink water and eat a massive amount of vegetables in one sitting
Two pounds of green beans or something similar. The goal is to force your stomach to distend to a maximum carrying capacity and pull itself out of your diaphragm through the basic mechanics of digestion.
>>
A hiatal hernia could actually be the problem, and it's the first place I'd check. Don't discount it, for sure. I mean, that's the exact area where you're having trouble. It could be pressing against a nerve, or causing a valve to seal, or anything.

But maybe it's a nerve defect/injury. See a gastroenterologist, discuss your past results, and they'll do an esophogeal motility test. Basically, they'll stick something called a manometer down your throat and look for muscles and valves that aren't functioning correctly, particularly at the esophageal sphincter.

In the meantime, you can do the fingers-in-the-throat thing to initiate your vomiting reflex to basically barf up a bunch of air (and sometimes a little vomit, but just choke that back down. It's gross, but that's the cost of doing business...).
>>
Just fart instead retard
>>
>>7719291

>Try a bunch maybe its your gut bacteria producing the gas and its chronic gas pain.
I did tests showing I have an overgrowth of bad bacteria, specifically clostridia species.
I did find this study.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11339861

>>facebook
>get one
If you get a facebook account you have to put your cellphone number in. Then facebook takes ALL of your contacts and finds other people on facebook with those phone numbers and suggests them to you.
Fuck facebook.

>>7719304
I DID do this.

It just caused horrid pain and little to no burping.
I had the feeling as if I had to burp but it wouldn't let air out.

>>7719314
>It's extremely reasonable for this to be the cause of your inability to burp.
Most people that have hiatus hernias have excess gas and GERD. I don't have gerd. In fact, as well as not being able to burp, no acid reflux ever comes up. I don't feel it at all. Like it's being blocked from coming up.

>Either get the hernia surgically fixed or
I considered that, but the operation is a nissen fundoplication. It's horrible, they wrap your stomach around itself and it's only good for 10 years. Also many people who had it done report not being able to burp.

So what's the point?

>>exercise regularly
I do. My job requires it.

>>get blackout drunk to slaughter any potential bacterial guests or parasites.
Done that before, it won't kill everything, just temporarily disable them.

>Cram yourself full of yoghurt and over the counter probiotics.
I don't think creating a monoculture is such a good idea if I already have an abundance of the wrong type of bacteria.

>Two pounds of green beans or something similar. The goal is to force your stomach to distend to a maximum carrying capacity and pull itself out of your diaphragm through the basic mechanics of digestion.
I've tried overeating before, it just makes it worse.

>>7719321
>It could be pressing against a nerve
Like the vagus nerve or something?
How the hell do I get that tested?
>>
>>7719386
hey its >>7719291 me again
if you have bad bacteria the goal is to remove the majority of them and get normal bacteria back in. massive influx of fibre will limit growth of all bacteria and therein allow less virulent/quick growing ones time to shine.

You want to smash fibre like a beast 3 times a day and seed with probiotics. After a week if your shit is 3-4 on the poop scale then it probably isn't going to work. I sincerely recommend you pick up a 7-day cleanse kit.

>blackout drunk
that may kill almost all of them but the problem isn't killing them off its having the more neutral bacteria grow in greater amounts than the quickly growing more virulent types. Basically what i said above... Don't drink more than a few beer while you're seeding!

have you tried a smooth muscle relaxant? maybe get one prescribed by a shady dude and see if that lets you burp
>>
>>7719411
>if you have bad bacteria the goal is to remove the majority of them and get normal bacteria back in
Yeah I know.

But it's hard.

>massive influx of fibre will limit growth of all bacteria and therein allow less virulent/quick growing ones time to shine.
>I sincerely recommend you pick up a 7-day cleanse kit.
I've tried this several times.
Massive levels of fibre with probiotics and vitamins. It just makes me super constipated every time.

>that may kill almost all of them but the problem isn't killing them off its having the more neutral bacteria grow in greater amounts than the quickly growing more virulent types.
I know.
I had an opportunity to get a fecal transplant before.
But I know you need to fast and get the shit out of your colon to be able to do that, and I am unable to do that.
So if I got the transplant it wouldn't have worked as well.

Tell me this though, can certain bad bacteria in your gut cause damaging effects on your stomach and other organs? Can they release chemicals that reach the stomach?

Also I've tried antibiotics a bunch of times and they don't work anymore, pretty sure I developed a resistance. They helped with my ocd, constipation and mental problems, then the stopped working.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.