[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what type of engineer are you?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: Screenshot_2015-12-13-13-05-46.jpg (199 KB, 1440x1184) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-13-13-05-46.jpg
199 KB, 1440x1184
I'm struggling to choose between either becoming a chemical engineer or a bio-medical. Both pay well so that's not an issue. I guess I'd just like more information about them or other types of similar engineering. Thanks all
>>
>>7717902
biomedical is a meme
civil, chemical, mechanical, or electrical, if you actually want transferable skills for a variety of induatries. worst thing you can do is only make yourself available to one or two.
>>
Check job market, watch some introductory lectures on the subjects
>>
>>7717922
Why do you say that, isn't there a lot of things that you can branch into with bio medical
>>
>>7717902
really dude? really? you dont know if you should pick pleb biomedicalE or royal chemicalE? Go for women studies plz
>>
So it seems like everyone on here is in favor of chemical engineering? Why does everyone hate on bio med
>>
Any photonic engineers here, prospective or graduated?
>>
>>7717902
ChemE is oversaturated, but BiomedE isn't even engineering.

Kids like you who can't do their own research should just major in general science though. You aren't mature enough for engineering.
>>
>>7717953
It's niche, the job market is saturated with oversees asians, the job market itself isn't too large compared to others relevant to the other engineering fields, anything a biomed can do a mechanical can do--with the bonus of having 20+ more industries to select from.

also, biomed requires masters degree. that may or may not be something you're willing to do. if you're dead set on biomed, I'd suggest getting your bachelor's in mechanical then applying for biomed masters.
>>
>>7718030
It's not that chemical engineering is oversaturated, it's just that the old timers simply will not retire. there is going to be a huge boom in chemical engineering in about 10 years when those old farts finally kick the bucket or move to a florida retirement home.
>>
>>7717902
Matt?
>>
>>7718113
Nah
>>
>>7718030
>you aren't mature enough for engineering
>the point of college is to become mature

cmon man
>>
>>7717902

Data Engineer
>>
Don't do either if you are looking to just do it for a good pay, it's a miserable world if you only follow what pays more.
>>
sanitation engineer, network engineer, software engineer, algorithm engineer, hiring engineer
>>
>>7717902
I'm a social enviromental engineer. Basically an office-job where I get to devise plans for how to improve the social environment in various workplaces and social institutions. I also do some research for the government. The pay is great and I get to call myself an engineer unlike those HR-retards kek. If you want to get into this job, you should study for a bachelors in sociology, women's studies or psychology. Luckily, once you actually have the degree, you will be more than qualified for most positions as a social enviromental engineer.
>>
a licensed motorist.
>>
>>7718395
No. That's the point of high-school. That mindset you have of thinking university is just another high-school where you will be spoonfed everything is exactly my point. You need to be a self-sustaining adult who can take the initiative and study what he needs to, most people drop out in the first semester because they were too immature to work as hard as they needed to. Especially a major like engineering should be approached with a certain professionalism.

>>7719278
This is bait.
>>
>>7717902
I have a family friend who's a mechatronic engineer. It seems quite interesting, and my local university offers it as a course.

Is it actually any good, though? Are there many opportunities for employment?
>>
>>7717922
>degree is a meme

fuck off
>>
>>7720191
He is right though.
>>
>>7719212
Whats being a software engineer like?
>>
I want to get into the computer engineering program at CSU Long Beach, CP Pomona, or SDSU. How fucked am I if I am 27.
>>
>>7720271
just tell them you've been jerking off to asian cartoons for 10 years but then wanted to get your life together i'm sure it'll work out
>>
>>7720185
Autism: The Post
>>
>>7717922
except biomed is the one thing we'll always need to research. the fuck do the dead need bridges, refineries, cars, and circuits for? exactly
>>
>>7720352
>except biomed is the one thing we'll always need to research
Yes, however, in the real world BiomedE research is done by everything except people with BiomedE degrees.

Hence; meme degree.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.