[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wendelstein? Wendelstein!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: eikBLMX.jpg (981 KB, 5616x2092) Image search: [Google]
eikBLMX.jpg
981 KB, 5616x2092
Wendelstein?

Wendelstein!
>>
Will we ever get a fusion reactor which actually produces energy?
>>
>>7717684

we allready have.
>>
are there openly accessible plans/Cad files? i'd like to build a model of that some time in my life.
>>
>>7717695
No we dont
>>
File: Solar-Panels.jpg (759 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
Solar-Panels.jpg
759 KB, 2048x1536
>Nuclear power

Literally worthless. Not to mention horribly polluting and dangerous.
>>
>>7718136
retard, fusion power doesnt pollute shit
>>
>>7718136

Renewables kill more people per watt than any thing else
>>
>>7718136
>horribly polluting and dangerous
care to explain?
>>
This thread pretty much sums up how reliable the information /sci/ posters provide actually is.

There's far more baseless opinions than facts.
>>
>>7718136
Topkek
A boron proton fusion reactor doesnt even produce neutrons.
>>
>>7718136
Gr8 b8 m8, eye r8 8/8
>>
>>7718099
they do produce energy, but not as much than was put in. turning an energy profit is the goal
>>
>>7718339
Yeah I misundersood it
>>
How would you even make use of the energy produced? Are they just going to surround the first commercial reactor in water to run steam turbines? I find it hard to believe that would be able to produce enough energy to run the reactor itself.
>>
>>7718362
>Are they just going to surround the first commercial reactor in water to run steam turbines?
Yes, the kinetic energy from the neutrons produced is used to heat water/steam.

>I find it hard to believe that would be able to produce enough energy to run the reactor itself.
Wether you believe it or not, physicists have actually calculated this shit and found out that when the reactor is sufficently large it will produce more energy than is needed to keep it running
>>
>>7718362
You can use direct conversion
>>
>>7718316
explain pls
>>
>>7718099
yes yes we have
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.