[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Since medicine is science, I thought I'd ask this question
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
Since medicine is science, I thought I'd ask this question here. Do you sci bros think there might be corruption or doctors with bad intentions in the medical field? I always think of doctors as the people with the highest integrity in society without shred of bad intention in them - except for plastic surgeons. What do you guys think?
>>
>>7716622
>I always think of doctors as the people with the highest integrity in society without shred of bad intention in them

PFFFTTTAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Top lel. Top lel m8-T! This made my day.
>>
File: 1442237097596.png (17 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1442237097596.png
17 KB, 600x600
>>7716622
>I always think of doctors as the people with the highest integrity in society without shred of bad intention in them
>>
>>7716622

jew doctors are the biggest drain on the us healthcare system
>>
>>7716622
Medicine is a practice, not a science.
>>
>>7716622
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSc2YZbNUy4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMyYffBGBfo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj2ykJR1J4U
>>
Have you ever met pre-med students? You'd have to be braindead to think these are people of integrity.

If anything the 'university experience' is eye-opening just for seeing what kind of person goes into certain fields. It's the same with political sciences/law, you see what kind of person ends up in government/politics and why these are exactly the people you don't want in these positions.
>>
>>7716637
>person ends up in government/politics
It's universally known that anyone in politics is full of shit. But I guess I should have asked more specifically about surgeons, and not doctors in general since that covers such a broad spectrum.
>>
>>7716648
>I guess I should have asked more specifically about surgeons

Surgeons are basically the biggest narcissists in medicine. That goes double for cardiologists.
>>
>>7716622

Wow, where to start?

>Since medicine is science

I r8

>there might be corruption or doctors with bad intentions

8/8

>doctors as the people with the highest integrity in society without shred of bad intention in them

gr8 b8

>except for plastic surgeons

m8.
>>
>>7716622
Unfortunately, there is.
Teachers are also supposed to have a high integrity in society (supposed, I said), but there are still a lot of teachers who don't live up to it.
>>
Why /sci/ thinks med is bad?
Med student here and i feel offended
>>
>>7716622
Well, you're pretty retarded.

MDs are just people. Some behave professionally, others blast death metal in operating rooms and cut their signatures into their patients' internals for a laugh.

Some MDs care about people, other are misanthropic cunts who just care about money.

Don't get me started on the racism and chasmically deep hatred of fat people.

Source: Anecdotes from friends and family who are MDs.
>>
>>7717604
>med student

I swear med students are the group of grads that have the most diversity of intelligence. You guys can be extremely dumb to smart people, although most tend to hover around "dumb."
>>
>>7716669
Depends on what surgeons. Most are plebs, neurosurgeons for example are gods.
>>
>>7717604

Since this is 4chan, I'd guess that it's half jealousy and half observation of a nearly-broken system. If you're patient-minded and honest then don't worry about it.

I can tell you that my sister's husband was a pretty good guy, pretty smart too, and med school wrecked him. He made some poor decisions, failed a single rotation, and the thought of repeating it drove him to quit. Now he's burned out and useless.

I think he was pretty stupid for quitting when almost finished but he was never really driven to succeed at it. The people that do go through hell have to be really driven to succeed. This can be good if they have an honest love of medicine, but lots of students only get through it because they know that big incentives await them.

Those incentives are shrinking and it's harder and harder to make money in medicine without reaming ordinary people. Many of the people that make it all the way through the system are well aware of this.

That said, when you finally get there, good luck resisting the temptations and turning a buck in a crazy frustrating system.
>>
>>7717616
>You guys can be extremely dumb to smart people, although most tend to hover around "dumb."
Every field has a spectrum, of course it's more visible in difficult fields.
>>
>>7716622
doctors are constantly treading a legal minefield, one patient gets angry/upset over something random and it can threaten their career, something that took years to build up
>>
>>7717616
I'd agree, with the caveat that I've met some surprisingly brilliant business students to balance out the fact that most of them can barely manage to use excel after 4(6)? years.
>>
Honestly i think some doctors have good intentions especially from cabda the docors dont send u for tezt unless they need too but in the uSA as the doctors get paud for sending u for tests i wiuld go in knowing what to expect like if u gi in for a headach exoect no test they should perscrib something send u home and wait a few day if its for a ling time head MRI/CAT scan and if still nothing angiagram and then juago for anything but i suggest second opinions and know what to exoect
>>
>>7717633

Where are you from?
>>
>>7717612
Racism is one thing, but hatred of fat people stems from the fact that all they do is make doctors' jobs harder and refuse to lose weight despite the doctor telling them they're going to get diabetes.
>>
>>7716622
That just makes you gullible. There's a significant minority that never, ever thinks of ethics and would prefer to make more money at the risk of patients (or whatever it is that they're doing).
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.