[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
EE vs MECH
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: Jacket_20131009__1-1024x682.jpg (129 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
Jacket_20131009__1-1024x682.jpg
129 KB, 1024x682
Whats better EE or mech??
>>
shut the fuck up
>>
Maths
>>
>>7714365
I've been on campus for four months and haven't seen those jackets, are they actually a thing?
>>
EE because that's what I am taking

but go mech because I dont want the EE job market to get fucked
>>
>>7714365
Anything better than mech, except civil.
>>
>>7714396

nice reverse psychology!!!
>>
>>7714383
ayy you a first year too? i see some kids wearing it ( mostly the fuccbois)
>>
id wear one if it wasnt 120 dollars.. fucking RIP off
>>
>>7714470
first year, but master's.
>>
>>7714365
EE, but really should be renamed Pure Mathematics Engineering now.
>>
>>7714365
What do you want to learn/do?

This shit: http://4chan-science.wikia.com/wiki/Electrical_and_Electronics_Engineering
Or this shit: http://4chan-science.wikia.com/wiki/Mechanical_and_Aerospace_Engineering
>>
Thinking about going into Aerospace and MechE, aware me on this discipline, /sci/.
>>
File: Capture.png (24 KB, 455x652) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
24 KB, 455x652
>>7714478
?

There's like 3 math classes here and they're all joke second year ones
>>
>>7714470
>>7714475
You two should meet up and fuck.
>>
>mfw UBC gets posted

neither. me personally, if I was going to be a boring troglodyte, I'd at least be one that learns how to code so I can get a job
>>
>>7714478
agreed

>>7714495
meaning rather than doing cases studies on solving engineering problems, the upper EE courses are mostly about explaining the physics of electrical technology.
circuits theory, electromagnetics theory, semiconductor physics, digital theory, communication network theory, signals theory, control system theory...

Likely only a handful of design and project classes, which are what's supposed to differentiate engineering curriculum from physics curriculum.
>>
>>7714512
>the physics of electrical technology.
circuits theory, electromagnetics theory, semiconductor physics, digital theory, communication network theory, signals theory, control system theory
Which of these are pure math?
>>
>>7714565
>circuits theory, electromagnetics theory, semiconductor physics, digital theory, communication network theory, signals theory, control system theory
>Which of these are pure math?

Linear Algebra and ODEs
Vector Calculus and PDEs
Statistic and Probability
Logic, Automata, and Circuit Complexity
Information Theory and Modern Algebra
Fourier and Functional Analysis
Complex Analysis and Dynamic Systems
>>
>>7714825
Isn't that all just applied analysis?
>>
so a UBC engineering degree is dumb as fuck or what
>>
The one you like better.
>>
>>7714478
Seriously shut the fuck up. What mathmatics?
EE is a joke compared to the math pure math majors or physics majors have to do.
EE is for fucking plebs.
>>
Electronics technician here, go ee, we need more engineers who know what a fucking circuit is.
>>
How about you make your own decision instead of asking a chinese cartoon enthusiast forum.
>>
File: shitposter.jpg (9 KB, 196x257) Image search: [Google]
shitposter.jpg
9 KB, 196x257
>>7714365
>>
>>7714825
you forgot discrete maths
>>
>>7714365
Major in Engineering Physics. Take courses in both. Be able to work as either one once you graduate. "What kind of engineering work can you do, anon?" --"What kind do you need done?"
>>
File: CS majors will defend this.png (423 KB, 490x684) Image search: [Google]
CS majors will defend this.png
423 KB, 490x684
>>7716592
Not pure math. It's the kiddies' table of mathematics.
>>
Mechatronics Engineering

>best of both worlds
> 2x job oportunities
>>
More job opportunities as a mechanical engineer. Electrical engineering jobs are easier to ship oversees.
>>
>>7714565
>>7715014
You're right that using the words "Pure Mathematics" when referring to EE is inaccurate. Whatever you want to call what's taught for an EE degree, it's hardly engineering.

>>7715928
Not saying that EE isn't a joke compared to the math pure math majors or physics majors have to do. Just saying that what's taught for EE is hardly engineering and really more like math and physics.
>>
>>7716878
>not specialized enough to get a job in either when going up against people who chose one
>>
You honestly can't go wrong with mechanical, electrical, or chemical. All three are great disciplines and how you handle yourself in college will determine a lot of your future. A lot of engineers can break six figures but it depends on how good you are as a person.
>>
aight mate
unfortunately im not veyr interested in chemistry
>>
>>7714365
clearly whoever has the larger penis
>>
>>7714396
>ee job market not already fucked because old farts wont retire from their positions

kek
>>
>>7714488
You can apply to aerospace jobs with mech degree. Not so much the other way around. Aero is too niche.
>>
>>7718044

Just for them all to die off, it'll happen soon.
>>
>>7718042
It is possible to have a penis that is too large.
>>
>>7714365
Go mech, because I'm ee and the market is getting more and more empty.
Supply<Demand = phat stacks
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.