[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do humans naturally segregated themselves based on appearance/race?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: dumb dumb.jpg (96 KB, 759x695) Image search: [Google]
dumb dumb.jpg
96 KB, 759x695
Why do humans naturally segregated themselves based on appearance/race?

It seems to be the case in closed environments like schools and prisons.
>>
>>7713639
segregation into groups of people like yourself is natural

if you had the choice to be trapped in a room with either a complete stranger or an anon from /sci/ i think most people would choose the random stranger from /sci/ - at least you have one thing in common, you might have other things or be similar to that person.
people of the same race is the most apparent similarity there is - these people look similar to you
>>
>>7713647
> complete stranger or an anon from /sci/ i think most people would choose the random stranger from /sci/

I'd stay the hell away from the anon from /sci/ desu
>>
>>7713650
ugh ok fine lemme use a different analogy

would you rather be trapped in an elevator with a random person from your university or a random 46 year old man from pakistan
>>
>>7713671

id be staying well away from the 46 year old man from pakistan since id be staying the hell away from anyone from /sci
>>
>>7713671
I hate the filthy hipsters of my university
>>
>>7713678
I hate the faggot leftists at my uni
>>
>>7713707
>>7713678

this is redundant
>>
>>7713711
I also hate myself, so naturally I would avoid people like myself
>>
Fear of explaining the universe on their own, alienation from people who're different, and the base, learned desire to have people who'll take your side in an argument.

Society is transparent when you don't have others to explain things to you, there's no one like you, and no one ever takes your side in an argument. Blacks are stupid because of group think, isolation among other blacks and lack of exposure to other world views, and never having to reason out anything - they just shout 'racist.'

Most people on Earth are like that to some degree, and it's genetic. Smart people aren't depressed - they're dissociated as if they were on ketamine, and society forces them down to a planet they can't feel. Their heads are in the clouds, and this is why Newton was the last alchemist and Einstein pretended to be a photon. Today, we drug them so they feel nothing at all.

Our brains are getting smaller, and humanity is beginning to resemble an ant hive. It's safe to say that racists and anti-racists - anyone obsessed with morality or hierarchy - are a devolving, lower breed of human. If they succeed in drugging or genetically engineering the self-isolating, humanity will poison itself. And the brown equals will be too concerned with everyone else to save themselves.
>>
File: average muslim.jpg (9 KB, 178x225) Image search: [Google]
average muslim.jpg
9 KB, 178x225
>>7713721

>anyone obsessed with morality or hierarchy - are a devolving, lower breed of human.

How so? I value morality and I see hierarchy in the world. I wouldn't say I'm obsessed with them, but what's wrong with that?

Rest of your post I understand and agree with
>>
>>7713721
>anyone obsessed with morality or hierarchy - are a devolving, lower breed of human

spoken like a true libtard

hierarchies are natural and far more efficient than complete equality, simply because there will always be specimens that are more capable than the rest in a certain context or endeavor. when those are at the top of the hierarchy, everything will work better, and only crab bucked mentality will say otherwise.

of course, when the hierarchies become rigid, hereditary or otherwise unmeritocratic, things will go to shit.

the rest of the post I can actually agree with to a certain extent
>>
>>7713639
A natural instinct of kill off opposing groups and us vs them mentallity...
Turns out humans got this far by being wary of other similar sized creatures....
This means we see that other humans while sexually compatible are very different to ourselves in some ways and our brain (if hurt or weak due to conditioning) will easilly go into overprotective racist mode....and that goes the same for black people and asians....it takes a powerful mind to overcome nature that is wrong morally...
Women are inherently less racist because they did not fight in as much war in the past thus the brain was less likely to develope that pathway of thought...
>>
>>7713650
>desu

dont worry I wouldnt want to touch you anyways
>>
>>7713745
pls senpai
>>
File: Diversity Harvard Study.jpg (84 KB, 614x529) Image search: [Google]
Diversity Harvard Study.jpg
84 KB, 614x529
>>7713639
I don't think there have been any studies as to the "why", but the more important question is whether biology, culture or something else is the more pertinent driving force of this phenomenon.

Personally I'm leaning towards culture. I'd much rather be stuck in a room with black girl studying science at a Western university than some crazy ass white muslim feminazi convert.
>>
>>7713639
>tfw no imouto to fuck
>>
>>7713744
I've seen more intelligent broscience spouted on /fit/.
>>
>>7713726

Morality implies objective right or wrong - for example, Europeans often justifed their own abuses by saying they were stopping canibalism or human sacrifice - which they often did. Morality is, 9/10 times, an excuse to steal or murder. Often, the theft and murder is done for others, or in the name of society, or some abstract concept.

The truth is, we murder and steal to survive or better ourselves. One organism consumes another. Animals and children sugarcoat this fact - adults admit that they treat others hypocritically, and don't wrap their crimes and retaliation in a flag.

>>7713736

You have the balls to post your true feelings, and come to a den of anonymous social rejects who don't want to play by the rules of others. You're arrogant and autonomous in a way that no real hierarchy would accept - you've taken advantage of a society that gives you a roof aside from your father's. I can tell you - even western white men turn into gorillas who litterally beat down any failure to tow the party line right off a cliff, when they can get away with it. Bruno was burnt at the stake for calling his society's hierarchy out. Men of lower station weren't even allowed to speak in his days, and to this day we put a price tag on education to shut them up.

You're arguing against your own liberty, and also arguing against that freedom being given to others. It's an vaneer to justify why you deserve more than others, and a fairy tale to deny that you inherited that right from your violent ancestors. Any attempt to justify hierarchy is an appeal to nature, and thus invalid.

Any dealing with others involves coercion - the only way to be the good guy is not to interact at all.
>>
>>7713639
Why do I find this image of an shopped one-eyed anime grill so funny.
Maybe I am stoned from sleep deprivation.
But seriously, what's the science behind that.
>>
>>7713639
humans do better as groups that compete with other groups, so forming 'us' and 'them' is central to our success and progress as a species

the first thing you will notice about someone is their general appearance, so people will, given nothing else to go on, default to forming groups based on that.
>>
>>7713760
>Morality is, 9/10 times, an excuse to steal or murder. Often, the theft and murder is done for others

In order for this sentence to mean anything you have to place moral value on things like murder and theft. If those acts had no moral value your concern would be irrelevant.

>Morality implies objective right or wrong - for example, Europeans often justifed their own abuses by saying they were stopping canibalism or human sacrifice

Are you saying what they did was objectively wrong? Are you saying nothing is objectively right or wrong? I don't follow you, your logic eats itself.

Again, what is the problem of having morals and values in life?

>adults admit that they treat others hypocritically, and don't wrap their crimes and retaliation in a flag.

Life isn't that black and white...
>>
>>7713760
nigga, hierarchy and freedom aren't incompatible

stop being a dirty anarchist wannabe

hierarchy has far more going for it than just "its natural"
>>
>>7713783

>>In order for this sentence to mean anything you have to place moral value on things like murder and theft. If those acts had no moral value your concern would be irrelevant

It has norhing to do with my concern - all societies forbid murdering the elite, and promote murdering those who challenge the elite. In all conflicts in history, the losers and the underdogs have been just as bad as the winners.

>>Are you saying what they did was objectively wrong? Are you saying nothing is objectively right or wrong? I don't follow you, your logic eats itself

I'm saying right and wrong are feelz, and that morality is an excuse to create and maintain a gang of thugs.

>>Again, what is the problem of having morals and values in life?

Nothing, as long as you don't force them on others or use them as an excuse.

>>Life isn't that black and white...

A spade is a spade. Ending a consciousness is an objective act, as is the pain felt when you injure someone - morality amounts to one cell colony proclaiming another cell colony to be 'wrong.' Morality is a meaningless abstract, while pain, cell death and castration is real. The elite do things to others that they don't allow to happen to themselves, and will even admit to that this is hypocracy and gloat about this fact if their society allows it. In the end, it's all motivated by a cell colony's desire to survive and thrive.

You can either admit to this, or be an animal that follows it's emotions. Personally, I treat others exactly how they treat me - it's easy to spot the people who think they can get away with anything, and they tend to be the ones in charge. It's clear that all their talk about morality is rhetoric they use to get others on their side. Ape's grunting and pounding their chest.

I've found blacks to actually be very smart at times - but they're moralistic to a fault. Sub saharan Africa invented lots of things - but they still don't have their Nietzsche.
>>
look up in-group preference
>>
Because humans are visual-audio dependant, like to catagorize shit for easy mental gymnastics and naturally suffer from cognitive bias.

The approach of modern biology as oppose to pre-modern biology is proof of this.
>>
>>7714173

>makes moral condemnations
>says morality is just feels and meaningless
>cries about murder, violence, gangs and thieves and injustice
>then says morals are just imaginary

make up your mind. you sound schizo

>dont force morals on others

so let thieves and murderers go free? think before you post
>>
>>7714532

>makes moral condemnations

I condemned hypocracy and self deception.

>says morality is just feels and meaningless
>cries about murder, violence, gangs and thieves and injustice

I bemoaned the use of hierarchies to justify and empower coercion - you than proceeded to prove me right by defending hierarchy without explaining why. I explained that the reason you defend it is that you have a pack of droogs or are a member of such a pack. To you, hierarchy is great because you've never been subjected to it's wrath, or you have been and sycophantically submitted to it.

No one wants to be subjected to the whims of demogorgon, and our culture exults people who are above reprisal - even collectivist cultures have certain elite members who hold such values. Only the weak and defeated cling to hierarchy.

>then says morals are just imaginary

They are - imaginary justifications for the behaviors of ignorant cell colonies that lack self reflection. In other words, animals.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.