[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone here a member of Mensa? What's the admission process
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: MensaLogo.jpg (28 KB, 300x299) Image search: [Google]
MensaLogo.jpg
28 KB, 300x299
Anyone here a member of Mensa? What's the admission process like? Are there perks beside the feeling of exclusivity?
>>
>>7702599
It costs money and the people are mostly pseudo-intellectuals. That's what you get when you let in IQ's as low as 130.
>>
>>7702599
>Are there perks beside the feeling of exclusivity?
getting to hang out with a bunch of OG fedora tippers
>>
>>7702599
You can add it to your resume in 72 font to cover up all the white space
>>
>>7702599
In a typical Mensa meeting you have high-school teachers, accountants, and other plebs spouting pseudo-intellectual bullshit that you expect to hear at party school freshman frat parties.
>>
I stopped paying for it as there was no real benefit. For me it was just an achievement to see if I could get in. Everyone thinks of you as pretentious when they find out you are a member. No real benefit

>>7703816
Do not do this

>>7703756
>>7703787
Basically
>>
File: 165-1-1447275195.jpg (16 KB, 450x325) Image search: [Google]
165-1-1447275195.jpg
16 KB, 450x325
>>7703816
>>
>>7702599
It's a circlejerk
>>
>>7703756
>That's what you get when you let in IQ's as low as 130
>There`s around 3.2% ppl with 130 IQ and more

There, there, you little snowflake, tell us more about how genius you are.
>>
File: 1310429820535.jpg (14 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1310429820535.jpg
14 KB, 300x300
>>7703816
>>
>>7703857
>Mensa is just a circle-jerking waste of time

So much this. I tested into the danish Mensa chapter after playing with their online IQ test that is so often posted here and finding that I was maybe a bit more intelligent than I had realized.

I was given a copy of their self-published internal newsletter as a sample while I decided if I wanted to fork over the membership fee (it's not exactly cheap).

All the articles were grandstanding attempts at self-glorification with respect to the authors' IQ. "Oooh look how smart I am." Etc etc etc.. But not a single person who contributed had any kind of job that showed they were actually using their IQs for something productive and meaningful.

One article in particular did stand out, as it was not about the author's IQ, but instead was a very bad attempt at writing fiction, in this case a revenge-driven fantasy where the author captures a foreign door-to-door trick-thief and tortures the man to death in his basement as punishment in some kind of sick and depraved conception of "justice". I'm not even fucking kidding.

At that point I realized that all the acutely intelligent people who I actually hoped to meet were out in the world, to busy with their lives and their careers, to ever join the circle-jerk that is MENSA.
>>
File: 1352323389732.gif (2 MB, 450x360) Image search: [Google]
1352323389732.gif
2 MB, 450x360
>>7702599
>falling for the mensa meme
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.