[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you put extremely cold water in ice will it cool it down more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: Beverages-Ice-Water.jpg (25 KB, 770x480) Image search: [Google]
Beverages-Ice-Water.jpg
25 KB, 770x480
If you put extremely cold water in ice will it cool it down more or will it be less cold?
>>
Dumb meme poster
>>
>>7699737
Nah I'm serious about this
>>
>>7699733
Your Mom doesn't have a thermometer in the kitchen?
>>
>>7699745
I wish.

But if the ice melts in the extremely cold water wouldn't it make it warmer?
>>
Everything will be right at freezing, but the ice will be melting.
>>
>>7699749
How can the ice be warmer than the liquid water?
>>
>>7699750
What do you mean by that?
>>
>>7699733
Your question doesn't make sense. Please rephrase.
>>
>>7699754
Fusion energy prevents the change in temperature as the ice phase changes into liquid.
>>
>>7699733
it's in a room with room temperature, so it's warming up the entire time in this scenario

it's time to kill yourself, OP. the cold water isn't going to make the ice melt, quite the opposite, but the cup is in a room that is like 70 F so it's melting and warming up no matterw hat.
>>
>>7699753
>>7699753
It is possible though, that doesn't change that OP is a complete moron.
>>
>>7699754
Look up the triple point of water.
>>
If the water's warmer than the ice, the vibrations from the water (l) molecules will cause the water (s) molecules to vibrate more rapidly.

Until reaching an equilibrium where everything can vibe in harmony.
>>
>>7699809
Interesting. I learned something today
>>
>>7699823
The water heats the ice, causing the ice molecules to vibrate quicker.

At the same time, the original water (l) molecules are losing energy making the original water (l) colder.
>>
>>7699753
if the water is super-cooled but hasn't crystallized.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.