[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw a nigerian man is actually the father of super computing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 220x293) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 220x293
>mfw a nigerian man is actually the father of super computing
So, What contributions have you made to mankind /sci/?
>>
I invented the first BitTorrent protocol.
>>
File: 1444133203444.jpg (62 KB, 640x499) Image search: [Google]
1444133203444.jpg
62 KB, 640x499
>Emeagwali studied for a Ph.D. degree from the University of Michigan from 1987 through 1991. His thesis was not accepted by a committee of internal and external examiners and thus he was not awarded the degree. Emeagwali filed a court challenge, stating that the decision was a violation of his civil rights and that the university had discriminated against him in several ways because of his race. The court challenge was dismissed, as was an appeal to the Michigan state Court of Appeals.

>Emeagwali received the 1989 Gordon Bell Prize for an application of the CM-2 massively-parallel computer. The application used computational fluid dynamics for oil-reservoir modelling. He won in the "price/performance" category, with a performance figure of about 400 Mflops/$1M. The winner in the "performance" category, Mobil Research and Thinking Machines, used the CM-2 for seismic data processing and achieved the higher ratio of 500 Mflops/$1M. The judges decided on one award per entry.[2][1] His method involved each microprocessor communicating with six neighbours

But yeah, "father of super computers," because he's a black guy with a job and some shitty no-name prize.
>>
>>7694175
A prince among men
>>
>>7694175
>Implying that anyone on 4chan has made a contribution to mankind
Kek
>>
>>7694231
Sad.
Reminds me of when women are digging up noteworthy women desperately but always fall back to the classic, because that's all they have.

Ah well, political correctness is about to die, and now that genetics are mature enough, the inferiors shall be cleansed with a 0% error rate.
>>
>>7694324
Invented memes, good times for everyone.
>>
>>7694337
> being on 4chan
> calling other people inferior
> the irony
>>
>>7694337
>implying it's not a stormweenie who made the thread
>>
>>7694337
>implying that you're not one of the "inferiors"
>>
>>7694352
If you are not willing to sacrifice yourself for the continued existence of Humanity, you are probably a narcissistic sociopath and so shall be cleansed.

No offense.
>>
>>7694356
If you think that the continued existence of humanity hinges upon the people that you consider inferior to be cleansed, then you're a genocidal monster/sociopath who is literally the scum of humanity.
>>
>>7694362
And so i shall be cleansed by the nanoswarms.
Where is the problem here ?
>>
>>7694339
Memes have probably been around for all of human history.
4chan probably just popularised the name.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.