[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are engineers so fucking retarded?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: engineer masterrace.jpg (282 KB, 1191x1192) Image search: [Google]
engineer masterrace.jpg
282 KB, 1191x1192
Why are engineers so fucking retarded?
>>
>>7692975

this is actually true to some extent, except the no job part

five people asked me this week if I wanted to work with them, and it's only tuesday.
>>
Is astronomy and astrophysics a good thing to major in?
>>
>>7693152

Not if you want to find work.
>>
>>7692975
>he thinks taking easy classes makes him intelligent
lol, ok kid
>>
>>7693155
FUCKING SHIT. But it's something I have a passion for; understanding the concepts of how the universe works. I could write books and do documentaries and become a professor, right?? Because that's what starfags are destined to do!
>>
>>7693161
Actually that's now going to be my alias for when posting on /sci/ from now on.
>>
>>7693161
>become a professor

Oh dear lord. Can someone else tell him about the state of tenure-track? I just don't have the heart..
>>
>>7693167
No anon, kids need to have dreams.
>>
>>7693167
Anon... Please... Tell me..
>>
>>7693171

Tenure-track has always been competitive, but these days, and this is especially true for fields like Astronomy where there are few private-sector opportunities, becoming a professor at a major university, or any university really, is about as likely as becoming a Hollywood celebrity. You don't just need skill and talent, you also need charisma, networking skills, borderline superhuman stamina and massive amounts of luck.
>>
I dont get ops pic. He says anything but stem will fail, but all the compared professions are stem.
>>
>>7692975
they think calc 3 and q first course in ODEs are high level math
>>
>>7693179
...Then I'll try my hardest and apply myself to my work and live my life dedicating my time to changing perspectives and creating and environment of reason and science. And then if I actually do succeed, (Assuming the world doesn't end before that time), I will have looked back to a time where you gave me the inspiration to follow that path. Thanks anon. :)
>>
>>7693186
>he doesn't even know about the finite element method or systems dynamics theory, let alone how to solve those sorts of math problems
So how's freshman year going?
>>
>>7692975
I'm a chem major and I'm exactly the same way so it's not just engineers.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.