[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /sci/ feel about Climate Change/Global Warming? Is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: Climate change earth.jpg (5 KB, 225x224) Image search: [Google]
Climate change earth.jpg
5 KB, 225x224
How does /sci/ feel about Climate Change/Global Warming?

Is it bullshit?
>>
no, people that think that Global Warming is bullshit are bullshit
>>
yes, people that think that Global Warming isn't bullshit are bullshit
>>
Bullshit!
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_opinion_on_climate_change#Statements_by_scientific_organizations_of_national_or_international_standing
>>
I feel fine, thanks for asking.
>>
we are changing the future for the good of the international human race!
>>
Not as bad as all the retards are crying about, but it is real.
>>
>implying we understand climate perfectly
>implying CO2 and temperature are correlated
>implying one university/laboratory means scientists are unanimous
>implying the temperature rising is surprising when the measurement methods changed
>implying I am responsible for warming the planet by breathing and walking the streets
>implying the solution to all our problems is making me pay taxes
>implying oil companies and the military are innocent
>implying global warming is interesting
>implying pollution and health is not a quintillion times more urgent
>>
>implying that scientists are the keks
How's it feel to be sucking oil's fat greasy dick?>>7692696
>>
>>7692756
It's more like sucking the tit of big oil :)
>>
It's not bullshit and we are fucking screwed. You don't have to accept that it's happening because it's a climate phenomenon, it has no feelings it doesn't care what you think.

Also don't think rich 1st world people aren't going to be affected because they live in the more temperate north, the foundation of your current economic prosperity rests on global capitalism which will cease to function when extreme changes take place in regions that provide raw materials and cheap labor.
>>
>>7692750
>implying you don't have serious mental deficiencies if you think these arguments make sense
>>
Hotter in Florida this winter than it has been.
>>
>>7692680
Damn bro that would be [math]wicked[/math]: living on a planet that is like 5000 K
>>
>>7692680
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2yVZCVLK3E
>>
>>7692680
What I can't get my head around is why, despite a general consensus among climate scientists, some people still deny climate change, or human's affect on it.
Denying it would be like going to 100 doctors, and 96 of them give the same diagnosis, then disagreeing with them. Climate scientists are intelligent people who understand the scientific method well. What makes some layman more qualified to make a judgement (an uneducated judgement at that!)?
>>
well, people that think bullshit is warming are bullshit
>>
>>7693482
See: evolution, vaccines, GMOS, fluoride...

Essentially, the general public is very stupid and wants to believe they know better or are too smart to be fooled by the "conspiracy"
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.