[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you could, what would you change about the Golden Record in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 10
File: z.jpg (34 KB, 479x480) Image search: [Google]
z.jpg
34 KB, 479x480
If you could, what would you change about the Golden Record in modern times, and would you even send it off?
>>
From a perspective of people in the 1970’s when the voyager was launched with the golden record, people were very excited about space and the possibility of extraterrestrial life, so NASA did it as more of a publicity stunt to fuel interest of space and aliens into the eyes of Americans. It was very necessary to launch it back then because it generated a lot of revenue for NASA, but in Today’s times, it would be very unnecessary knowing that even if aliens receive it 500 light years away(low) it would take over a thousand years to get the message.
>>
The whole thing is pointless, better to let the Aliens find us
>>
File: 1433754508736-1.jpg (53 KB, 392x500) Image search: [Google]
1433754508736-1.jpg
53 KB, 392x500
>>7689659
Draw a dick

Also, I bet aliens sould give a fuck about us since we are stupid and they belong in a larger spacs civilisation with over 10000 races. Pic related is alien face when
>>
>>7689662
Would not* sry
>>
was great for its time, adding to the legacy of the great Carl Sagan! RIP
>>
>>7689662
>tfw 1000 years into the future, my descendants will be slaying sweet, alien pussy.
>>
File: zx.gif (195 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
zx.gif
195 KB, 600x500
>>
God I loved the Cosmos. Science back in the day was way ore interesting and the scientists were actually committed to their work and lived for it, nowadays pop-science has taken over and just gives overly simplified representations of scientific ideas.
>>
Those Aliens are going to be creeped the fuck out when they hear the type of shit that goes on on our planet.
>>
wait this actually happened? We did this?
>>
The Golden Record really wasn’t meant for Aliens, It was a reminder to ourselves of how great we are. The task was to present ourselves as a species to an audience that may know nothing about us so we added our best music, best technology, and advancements in every field. When doing so we reminded ourselves how far we have come.
>>
You ignorant low life pleb, do you even know what was on the golden record? Your whole statement is a reflection of your life, complete and utter trash
>>
Lol the Swedish recording on the Golden record says, " Greetings from a computer programmer in the little university town of Ithaca on the planet Earth."
>>
Found this quote interesting, “In very different ways, the possibility that the universe is teaming with life, and the opposite possibility that we are totally alone, are equally exciting. Either way, the urge to know more about the Universe seems to me irresistible and I cannot imagine that anybody of truly poetic sensibility could disagree.”
>>
given that Aliens have not picked up on the radio waves that we emit that travel near the speed of light, the Golden record is a shit idea
>>
File: zz.jpg (14 KB, 300x198) Image search: [Google]
zz.jpg
14 KB, 300x198
>>
what if meteorites that fall to Earth are actually the Alien's Golden Records..... (hits blunt)
>>
>>7689659
The lack of memes in that disc disturbs me.
>>
what if its found and the alien's just don't give a shit?
>>
what the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
File: zxz.jpg (34 KB, 360x385) Image search: [Google]
zxz.jpg
34 KB, 360x385
If I could add something to it I would at least put the Klingon language from Startrek… an actual Alien language.
>>
>>7689700
All Faith in Humanity lost from reading that comment. Aliens commence your annihilation of our species
>>
Lol I could Imagine Alien scientists taking 100’s of years to decode this record.
>>
>>7689659
There is no chance in hell that Aliens would understand anything on that ancient record. We would have to contact them by using the Internet.
>>
>>7689659
This is just a terrible question
>>
File: ancient-aliens-th_0.jpg (10 KB, 200x236) Image search: [Google]
ancient-aliens-th_0.jpg
10 KB, 200x236
>>
File: anon_nh1.png (942 B, 50x50) Image search: [Google]
anon_nh1.png
942 B, 50x50
>>7689712
>>
File: thRSEKECBB.jpg (23 KB, 480x418) Image search: [Google]
thRSEKECBB.jpg
23 KB, 480x418
>>7689712
>>
>>7689659
I would include a timeline of human tool/technological development: stone tools, clothing, domestic animals, farming, sail boat, wheel, writing, metal, electricity. I would stop there
>>
>>7689659
I would simply record my voice saying, "You are no longer alone." Then hope to God that they can understand what I've said.
>>
File: 1448869423736.png (481 B, 50x50) Image search: [Google]
1448869423736.png
481 B, 50x50
>>7689713
I could not help but notice your png was not optimized anon.
I have optimized your png.
Your png is now optimized.
>>
File: Enhanced.png (1 KB, 50x50) Image search: [Google]
Enhanced.png
1 KB, 50x50
I could not help but notice your png was not enhanced anon.
I have enhanced your png.
Your png is now enhanced.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.