[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't there any additive/chemical free cigarettes easily
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (537 KB, 1200x1189) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
537 KB, 1200x1189
Why aren't there any additive/chemical free cigarettes easily available?
Pic related wasn't honest about additives/chemicals and it's clear that the additives and chemicals are what make cigarettes so harmful to health.
>>
>>7989707
Like any large scale commercial crop farmed on industrial scales its smothered in herbicides, pesticides and fertilizers.

You can grow your own but hard to cure properly, also need rich soil.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, no one gets out of life alive, might as well be one with the chemical industrial complex at this juncture.
>>
>>7989707
You make a lot of weird chemicals when you burn the tobacco and the paper, and the paper is treated to burn slowly
>>
>>7989707
That's not true about the additives being harmful. The issue is that tobacco has things like tar in it naturally that damage the lungs and cause cancer (and aren't really filtered out like they would be when you hookah). Plus you're doing a direct burn (as opposed to just heating the tobacco enough to vaporize the nicotine). This is what's harmful. Finally, it's not like tobacco has any kind of anti-cancer agent like CBDs in cannabis to offset this.

It looks like American Spirit is just trying to appeal to the natural food idiots who smoke (you know, the people who are afraid of "chemicals").
>>
>>7989747
i've heard/read/whatever that hookah doesn't actually help filter anything and that it's just as bad if not worse than smoking cigarettes. Got any evidence to the contrary or is hookah really just as much of a meme as 420blazeit?
>>
Roll your own smokes, problem mostly solved.
>>
>>7989747
That sounds ridiculous though. Tobacco companies on other parts of the world with tobacco that isn't sprayed with pesticides and additives and other chemicals have a noticeably different effect on people's health and longevity.
>>
>>7989747
>Finally, it's not like tobacco has any kind of anti-cancer agent like CBDs in cannabis to offset this.
>anti-cancer agent like CBDs

top kek

inb4 muh mouse models
>>
just get a vape and brace yourself for the ribbing, you can even use pipe tobacco
>>
w h a t d o e s t h i s h a v e t o d o w / m a t h
>>
Just snus or be a faggot and cape if you want to go through life as an addict. Or just switch to cocaine, at least you get something out of that.

Tobacco should be a schedule I drug. I fucking hate you stinky yellow teeth nicotine junkie hicks.
>>
>>7989903
/thread
>>
>>7989956
You sound like you have an anti-tobacco problem, friend. Light up and relax.

>do cocaine instead

I'm cool with drug legalization and use but are you suggesting cocaine is a better option to tobacco?
>>
>>7989903
It's more of a science question.
>>
>>7989765
when I read that hookah actually requires you to use charcoal, I knew instantly it was worse than cigarettes.

to any contrarians who think they are 'red-pilled' about tobacco.

DON'T USE TOBACCO IN ANY FORM
IT IS EXPENSIVE
YOU ARE LITERALLY INHALING BURNT ORGANIC MATTER(OBVIOUS CARCINOGEN)
IF YOU CHEW IT, THE CHEMICAL NICOTINE(PURE NICOTINE) IS BAD FOR YOUR HEALTH
NICOTINE IS BAD NEWS
THE U.S CITIZENS WHO LIVE THE LONGEST ARE MORMONS AND SEVENTH DAY ADVENTIST, WHO BOTH DON'T USE TOBACCO
>>
>>7991626
Those religious minorities excel in health in All stripes it is not apples to apples to attribute it all to the omission of tobacco and not any other vices. Nicotine is benign without the laden smog.
>>
>>7991233
killing yourself slowly voluntarily over many years isnt science its stupidity
>>
>>7992002
But smokers lungs when transplanted do no worse than Normie lungs. Smoking as exponentially bad is a meme , it is very dose dependent and is temprable.
>>
>>7989707
Why not just not smoke?
>>
>>7992002
Spoken like someone who believes in everything health "experts" and government and pharmaceutical funded research tells them. Apparently there will never be a rational discussion on smoking these days.
>>
File: 1458179891373.jpg (198 KB, 3000x1688) Image search: [Google]
1458179891373.jpg
198 KB, 3000x1688
>>7992122
way to stick it to the man anon!
why cant we just smoke our cigarettes and tip in peace!
>>
>20 posts and nobody has mentioned radiation

/sci/ continues to disappoint.

Tobacco leaves harbour radioactive isotopes from fertilizers and the air. Lead and Polonium, alpha emitters, are particularly common.

This is why tobacco smokers get cancer and cannabis smokers just get shitty lungs.

Regardless, American Spirits taste great. second only to Dunhills in my opinion so smoke away.
>>
>>7989765
Hookah is marginally less better because the water filters out some tar (not a lot). It is significantly less harmful because you aren't directly burning the tobacco. You have a coal that is vaporizing the nicotine and water in the tobacco, so you avoid a lot of tar that way.

>>7989825
No they don't. There is sometimes a difference (France as an example, where the difference is actually due to the French drinking red wine), bu that isn't due to a difference in additives in cigarettes. The whole natural cigs without additives thing is a cash grab aimed at people who only want to eat 'natural' or 'organic' food.

>>7989867
I mean, that's the theory used to explain why even regular cannabis smokers don't have any higher risk of developing cancer than non-smokers.
>>
>>7992181
>cash grab aimed at people who only want to eat "natural" or "organic" food

How do you explain the difference between organic tobacco and additive/radiation coated tobacco? I know people who tried both. Organic tobacco was fine but they then tried Marlboros which made them feel sick on their first try. There's obviously some kind of difference between the two.
>>
>>7992174
>from the air

So if people breath those isotopes on a daily basis anyway what's the point in being afraid of shit like pollution or secondhand smoke?
>>
>>7994109
Because the dose matters?
>>
>>7994178
The dose for SHS would have to be impossibly large for it to even begin to be a problem for people though. Pollution is less safe but it's still an overrated risk.
>>
File: OctOP.jpg (78 KB, 634x411) Image search: [Google]
OctOP.jpg
78 KB, 634x411
>it's clear that the additives and chemicals are what make cigarettes so harmful to health
oh look, another HURR DURR TOBACCO DOESN'T CAUSE CANCER thread
>>
>>7994243
Take some fucking Ritalin and calm down, if you had any knowledge of tobacco at all you'd know that there are a large variety of factors that lead o cancer and the way tobacco is processed and sold to people contributed to it.
>>
File: le image.jpg.jpg (6 KB, 154x173) Image search: [Google]
le image.jpg.jpg
6 KB, 154x173
>>7989707
>chemical free
>>
>>7989787

No it isn't, companies don't just put shit in cigarettes, it's how they process the tobacco. American Spirits got caught freebasing their tobacco with ammonia to up the amount of nicotine you could absorb to like 4x+ the average ciggie.
>>
>>7994404
Don't act like it's not a distinction.
>>
>>7994409
is pipe tobacco typically cured and aromatized in a less compromising way? Not inhaling reduces a lot of the issues.
>>
>>7994409
I don't even think they were significantly called out on it either.
>>
>>7989707
>additive/chemical free cigarettes
>additive/chemical free
This problem is not unique to cigarettes. It's the industrialized economy that causes that.
>>
>>7994686
I don't know for sure but I've always heard pipes and cigars are harmless compared to cigarettes.
>>
>>7989867
I was under the impression there were human examples of this being possible as well, not a cure mind you but a way to inhibit tumor growth in certain cancers.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.