[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can't we just make one huge breeding farm to save all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: url.jpg (7 KB, 212x238) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
7 KB, 212x238
Why can't we just make one huge breeding farm to save all the endangered species?
If they don't want to fuck we'll artificially inseminate them until we can repopulate their natural habitat.
Why is no one doing this?
Why am I only hearing about how polar bears and pandas are going extinct?
>>
>>7685119
Let's be honest now, do we really NEED polar bears
>>
>>7685697
probably
we don't want lesser predators who can eat fish to eat all the fish
pandas don't actually do much
>>
>>7685119
>Why am I only hearing about how polar bears and pandas are going extinct?
'cause pandas are cute and polar bears sort of represent the possibility of what's going to happen to other animals as a result of global warming. Tbqh pandas are a rare example of an animal that deserved to go extinct but were saved because humans like them.
>Why is no one doing this?
'cause it would cost a lot of money. You have to pay for staff, land, food, and whatever kind of climate/environment the animal needs to be in to stay alive. You also have too keep the animals separate that way they don't try to murder each other.

It's sort of being done in the sense that zoos and aquariums exist.
>>
desu senpai forcing animals to reproduce to keep the species alive is immoral.
>>
>>7685119
We can't find large enough populations of these animals such that the small percentage with lower adrenal glands will breed around humans.

Many of these species won't breed in captivity, for this reason. Zoos, are essentially domesticating these species by finding members who will breed around humans.
>>
>>7685706
>don't try to murder each other.
But why would they murder each other? The same species only fights with the same species.
>>
>ITT: Autists have never heard of zoos
>>
>>7685119

Most endangered species are the apex predators of their ecological niche. They're dying out because human beings are the final victor; we're the ultimate apex predator. Most of them refuse to breed in captivity. A lot of them are smart enough to develop mental illnesses.

You try collecting tiger semen and forcefully inseminating some female tigers and tell me how it goes for you, buddy.
>>
I watched a video about how a facility was trying to save an almost extinct type of swan. The lab can breed all the swans they want, but when the swans are released in the wild, they abandon their eggs. Maybe 2 swans out of hundreds will stay with their eggs. The rest will simply leave their eggs because they didn't have proper parents.
>>
cuz althought people care about them
they dont care billion dollar industry about them

we can do it
aint no one gonna tho
>>
>>7685119
>Why is no one doing this?
Because who the fuck cares? Most of the species that go extinct are barely unique and not interesting at all so they're not going to be missed by anyone. There's not much point in keeping a few members of some obscure clam species alive just for the sake of it if there's no knowledge to be gained or money to be made. Also, not everything can be easily raised in captivity.
>>
>>7685119
Because its expensive and there is no profit in it. There are a lot of wealthy donors and funds dedicated to certain species but taking care of all victims of holocene is simply not feasible and to be honest its pointless, what do we achieve by barely sustaining a species that can no longer be supported in nature? Cold way to look at thing but thats all there is to it, survival of the fittest and humans are very agressive expansionists and literally the master race.
>>
> relevant comedy
https://youtu.be/14T8Ip39jdQ?t=8m45s
>>
File: 315f9a84c2dcb27dba4ad9842aa12ac0.jpg (654 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
315f9a84c2dcb27dba4ad9842aa12ac0.jpg
654 KB, 1920x1200
god fucking dammit I hate retards like OP.

animals that are endangered by their own natural fucking means - why do we have to artificially keep them going? who gives a fucking fuck you stupid faggot?

the only endangered species that we ever intervene with are ones that we specifically endangered ourselves, and we intervene ironically by leaving them fucking alone.

fuck you OP. fuck everyone as stupid as you, because you are useless. go dig ditches and while you're at it go fucking die in one of them.
>>
>>7687894
this. Conserving species we endanger im all for it but conserving species that are naturally going extinct is pointless
>>
can't we simply take their DNA and make some joahn arc (like in the bible) and simply reproduce them by cloning them and maybe genetically modified them to be domesticated?

That would be pretty cool I think.
>>
>>7688313
Noah, maybe?
>>
>>7687894
>>7687897
fuck that, we should conserve everything. Who cares if it's "our fault", things should be conserved because they are interesting and future people might find them interesting. Even if conserving them is "artificial"
>>
>>7687894
>thinking preservation of biodiversity is "god damn so fucking retarded"
Grow up, kid. The whole world is our toolbox and throwing away tools that can be preserved with minimal effort is rather wasteful.

Do you even realize how religious you're sounding right now? "They don't deserve to survive because they can't survive without our help, so preserving them for our own benefit and interest is an affront to my God, a poor understanding of Darwin."
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.