[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is the Serpentine Tower a puzzle tower from a very old MMO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: Serpentine Tower.jpg (346 KB, 1045x768) Image search: [Google]
Serpentine Tower.jpg
346 KB, 1045x768
This is the Serpentine Tower a puzzle tower from a very old MMO that has remained unsolved for 10+ years now.

I'm here to ask about one of the books in the tower as far as I know no one has managed to translate it. Is there a way to prove absolutely if this message contains real information or if it is just rubbish added for color? As far as I can tell it is unlikely to be something like OTP. Also from the history of the game they did use an in game "orc language" players had to use prior to the creation of this tower in 2004.

If it can be ruled out as rubbish then it is one less thing to worry about in the overall puzzle. Will copy the full text of the book below.
>>
Contents of Book

Mehrah asram cha mehe than. Uth a'thul at cha there. Orum tha cha elik jahara. Udhun zah fahr mal. Chamek at uthul hatradek asram. Mehrem alir iktha at uthun. Kasin tha Ur ch helim doh. Mah dah direm. Athul as hathu, athul as dofah, athul as mereth. Cha ukhtu muhn dahra. Sethor mah amin dah. At meruhm cha me dah. Chamek persim kaharah bah tufi. Moh dah rah. Moh Udhin cha uthul. Meheth Zuhl tha berah.
>>
>>7683106
Are there any other clues throught the game?
>>
You gotta post more info that that, OP.
>>
>remain unsolved for 10+ yrs

How is that possible?

I mean one could disassemble the code and analyze its routines to figure out what to do.
>>
File: Serpentine Tower 2.jpg (304 KB, 1032x764) Image search: [Google]
Serpentine Tower 2.jpg
304 KB, 1032x764
>>7683118
>>7683133
>Are there any other clues throughout the game?
In terms of another sample of the same coded text for deciphering none that I know of. I've checked a list of all the books in the desert city and went to the 3 main library buildings just now myself and there are no more books like that one. There some other old enough strange books throughout the game like the Bonelord language made up of nothing but numbers that has never been deciphered and some short gibberish books in the Paradox Tower. I don't think they are relevant to this puzzle though.

For completeness at the bottom of the page is a list of all the books with contents in the tower. Above that is all the books from the rest of the city.
http://tibia.wikia.com/wiki/Serpentine_Tower#Serpentine_Tower
>>
>>7683137
It is an MMO so only the server end would have the solution to the puzzle. The client acts very dumb just displaying the area around you and sending your commands to the server hence disassembling the code can't tell you much more than a list of what items the game can display.

From what I understand the game was hacked and code stolen in 2006. Personally I have never got a hold of the leaked code but have seen some people with old npc dialog trees that apparently came from it. If the hackers did get the solution to this puzzle they never leaked it. It is also possible they never managed to get the full codebase for the game that would have revealed it.
>>
>>7683181
You may have more luck in /tg/, they like puzzles.
>>
>>7683181
i don't like how you're suppose to know something like hebrew for one of the languages

http://forum.tibia.com/forum/?action=thread&threadid=4141645
http://www.jewfaq.org/alephbet.htm
>>
File: demonzz.png (269 KB, 337x336) Image search: [Google]
demonzz.png
269 KB, 337x336
>check /sci/
>see a tibia post
>nostalgia'd
>>
>>7683104
>>7683106

It has apparently been translated already

http://tibia.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:Mehrah_asram_cha_mehe_than_%28Book%29

Metal (blood) describtion at four' there. Oil from four thick liquids. Map for feeding (food) times to proceed. Sacrifice at blood altar research. Many fainted lights in area. Kasin tha in the middle of the Pharaoh's house's smallest ring. Moon code breaking. Describtion for spiced mushrooms, describtion for bottom, describtion for feast of reuniting. Four long suffering traditional drinks. Ritual moon faithful code. At deceased four me dah. Sacrifice intersection suggestion at fire basin. Mixed dah body. Mix 'recipe of four bloods. Add potion of water from the Serpent to finish the sacrofice.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.