[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Libgen going down
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: 1446048355606.png (2 MB, 1189x8256) Image search: [Google]
1446048355606.png
2 MB, 1189x8256
so, now that libgen is getting shutdown,

where are you guys going to find books?

>picunrelated
>>
>>7682964
pic made me shiver tho

So making a videogame is the solution for world peace?
>>
File: 1438390263821.jpg (2 MB, 756x7268) Image search: [Google]
1438390263821.jpg
2 MB, 756x7268
>>7683075
>>
It's not shutting down. The person who runs it got served a preliminary injunction by a US court, but being Russian, basically said they don't give a shit.
>>
File: image.png (435 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
435 KB, 640x1136
It's 2015 and you're still using textbooks? I mean, really?
>>
>>7683108
what happened to her?
>>
File: 1418244530192.jpg (24 KB, 609x616) Image search: [Google]
1418244530192.jpg
24 KB, 609x616
>>7682964
>the pic
goddammit why did i read that
>>
>>7683134
is it worth reading?
>>
>>7682964
>>7683075
I stopped reading at part 10.

Why do these pseudo-anarchist types believe there's some fixed "elite" class controlling everything behind the scenes?

60% of the current world's richest we're not born into wealth. There isn't really a class warfare like they want there to be.

US foreign policy is retarded because retards are in charge, it isn't much more complicated than that. Democracy in general has this chaotic effect it really shouldn't be surprising that only random lobbyists get what they want when you need money to keep your seat.
>>
>>7682964
>libgen is getting shutdown
sauce?
There's still bookzz, and the other mirrors.
>>
>>7682964
is there a torrent for all libgen books?
>>
>>7683154
>is it worth reading?
Yes. Especially concerning Arab spring and Ukraine because most people are incredibly uninformed about it.
>>
>>7683108
/lit/ is not for rational individuals.
>>
>>7683112
Textbooks are by far the most efficient and best way to learn written by the best educators.

However, you should actually pay for them. Authors deserve to eat too. Most of them get even less money than NEETs.
>>
>>7683206
I usually download them because it's easier than walking to my university's library. I tend to buy the ones I really like, though.
>>
>>7683206
we were supposed to read a genetics textbook (pearson) but it was nowhere to be found, prof contacted them but it took them almost a month to answer basically

"yea we'll have the 11th edition soon available in the meantime check the pdfs we uploaded for you, theyll be up only 2 weeks though, kthxbai"
>>
>>7683345
That's fine. You are a better person than 99% of the population.
>>
File: tumblr_nwoz9mSKvC1r41unfo1_250.gif (2 MB, 196x300) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwoz9mSKvC1r41unfo1_250.gif
2 MB, 196x300
>>7683108

virgin vs. virgin, though both sides don't know about the others virginity for sure.

funny and sad

who takes the time and comments on this bs?

just fap and watch smthg else

if this is supposed to be funny I'm getting old fuck
>>
>>7683167
>pseudo-anarchist types believe there's some fixed "elite" class controlling everything behind the scenes
No part of Marxist historiography requires that the ruling class(es) have static membership. I'm not sure if that implication is a halfassed strawman or if you're genuinely that retarded.

Yes, democracy is pluralistic. But the natural conclusion of the sort of unbounded pluralism you and so many irresponsibly attribute to first world nations is hyperpluralism and utterly non-functional government. Besides, we have numerous examples of "industry interests" organizing their own effective governments when existing ones don't defend (or oppose outright) their property rights, don't enable them to subvert competition through local or international violence, etc. the principal one being drug cartels. You have to look at the historical foundations of the bourgeois state (hint: not institutional continuity of the monarchist-mercantilist state, which had to be violently subverted in almost all cases) and the reasons WHY we have a government in the first place.

Do you actually deny that SJWism is innately incapable of positive social change and serves in essence to misdirect legitimate grievances and be divisive? It has all the hallmarks of design. I mean jesus fuck
>>
>>7682964
all US can do is steal their domains
gen.lib.rus.ec and sci-hub.io still work
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.