[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to catch a bolt of lightning or to physically
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: art.png (18 KB, 1364x988) Image search: [Google]
art.png
18 KB, 1364x988
Is it possible to catch a bolt of lightning or to physically manipulate electricity through a certain means?
How would one be able to do it with their bare hands?
>>
No.
>>
>>7671419
/thread
>>
>How would one be able to do it with their bare hands?
painfully.
>>
>>7671415
>How would one be able to do it with their bare hands?
One must become earth, foundation of worlds.
>>
Like what modifications would need to be made to a human to do such a thing.
>>
>>7671451

Be able to manipulate the speed force.
>>
>>7671457
And how fast would I need to run to tap into it?
>>
>>7671462
1 parsec/quadsecond
>>
>>7671451
A lightning bolt is a process. You can't catch a process.
>>
>>7671486
No but you can stop a process, but how would stop a process and keep it intact??
>>
>>7671558
Make the particles very cold, somehow grab them, move them elsewhere, then release the bolt by heating it up again.
>>
File: duracell-aa.jpg (52 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
duracell-aa.jpg
52 KB, 1000x1000
>>
File: 1447109928678.gif (106 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1447109928678.gif
106 KB, 625x626
>>7671433
>>
>>7671415
You'll need a jar
>>
>>7671430
But if I can pull it off, would I die?
>>
>>7671486
You can't catch a lightning bolt, but you can cause a lightning bolt to occur at your hand if you stand in the middle of a large flat area during a lightning storm.

Standing on top of a boat in the middle of a lake should do the trick
>>
Let me know if you survive.. XD
>>
File: hellyeah.png (105 KB, 333x250) Image search: [Google]
hellyeah.png
105 KB, 333x250
>>7671565
>>
>>7671462
>run super fast around a person
>you're running really fast so time appears slower to you or sumin like that
>jump up and use the heat you've built up and direct it at Zoom
B-Barry I don't think you can run that fast!
>>
>>7671415
Well, you can manipulate electricity, not necessarily with your hands, but you can manipulate it.
For instance, it is theorized that Tesla's death ray is theorized to use charged tungsten atoms that would be fired at targets. Or, at least I think that's what the theory is.
As for controlling electricity in your hands, have fun with that, goku.
>>
File: lge.jpg (16 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
lge.jpg
16 KB, 400x300
>>7672085
Charged particle beams fucking suck and where the fuck did tesla say his super weapon used tungsten.

Charged particle beams are a horrible way to control 'electricity.' Fuck, haven't any of you heard of electrolasers? You use really powerful laser to ionize air, this ionized air creates a path for electricity to flow.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrolaser

Here's an example of a forcefield* made using electrolasers. *doesn't actually create a force, just shocks people who walk into it
https://youtu.be/9tJF3qBWyUk
>>
>>7671415
You can't catch lightning with your bare hands, since humans are basically water-filled electric conduits.
>>
Start running in circles really fast until you generate your own electric current then quickly stop time where you catch your own electric current then throw it at something.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.