[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the likelihood that if extraterrestrials invade that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: new072911wkd1marsattacks3[1].jpg (1 MB, 1384x1080) Image search: [Google]
new072911wkd1marsattacks3[1].jpg
1 MB, 1384x1080
What is the likelihood that if extraterrestrials invade that they'd be massive smartasses who fuck with us while they attack?
>>
>>7670513
Approximately: 0.6751470753146790852
>>
probably more like 0.9999. maybe not in an organized way, but individuals tend to get bored/creative. im sure people always fucked with their slaves for entertainment through history too.
>>
>>7670513
It might not be unlikely at all, considering the premise. There's not really any practical reasons for a ground invasion that make sense so you're left with them being ultra sadistic, ultra compassionate, ultra something.
>>
>>7670530
Like washing their face with the slaves blood for "beauty.

Personally i wouldnt even touch a niglet let alone his blood.
>>
>>7670513

If extraterrestrials were smart enough to consciously develop interstellar travel they wouldn't need any of the measly resources on one small planet and there is no reason to invade.

It's much more likely that some retarded "invading" extraterrestrial species would crash land here riding a meteorite.

Zergs style.
>>
An interstellar invader likely spent generations getting here perhaps not even knowing the planet was inhabited when they left. Nobody goes that kind of distance so that one day their descendants can screw with some primitive alien civilization.
>>
do we invade anthills and be massive smartasses with them?
>>
>>7670564
Ak ak ak ak ak ak.
>>
>>7670551
>does not understand the question
>>
Either they do or they don't

So it's exactly 50%
>>
>>7670564
>do we invade anthills
Are we the ants?
Given enough time, we're likely to travel to other worlds eventually.
Potential alien invaders aren't likely to be much smarter than us, if they're smarter at all.

>>7670513
>if extraterrestrials invade
>likelihood that...they'd be massive smartasses
Probably, intelligence and smartass humor seem to go together.
Assuming they invade.
Which seems unlikely.
>>
>>7670550
um, no.... not like that.
while achieving their goals they'd hide themselves within the general population for the most part keeping their presence a secret, only revealing themselves to a select few knowing if that person tried to tell others they'd be institutionalized, drugged, and put in a long sleeved jacket.
>>
>>7670551
>If extraterrestrials were smart enough to consciously develop interstellar travel they wouldn't need any of the measly resources on one small planet and there is no reason to invade.
>i completely understand the entire socio-political-economic and theological aspects of every potential star-faring race that could ever exist, trust me

Assuming our blue-green marble is fairly rare, we might eventually attract someone who wants to live here.
Possibly political refugees, like the pilgrims?
>>
>>7670551
I think you're forgetting that it is the Dark God Amon that ordered for the invasion of the Protoss homeplanet of Aiur in the first place, so that's not a very good analogy to use, m8
>>
File: 694685653_tp.gif (476 KB, 499x341) Image search: [Google]
694685653_tp.gif
476 KB, 499x341
>>7671471
> Are we the ants?
No. You're the cattle.
>>
>>7670551
They're invading because they're smart-asses and just want to mess with us. Earth possesses a critical resource of gullible rubes.
>>
>>7673109
Is that Doctor Who?
>>
File: stealthchomp.png (177 KB, 786x379) Image search: [Google]
stealthchomp.png
177 KB, 786x379
>>7670551
Horrifying
>>
>>7673197

It's a cookbook
>>
>>7671482
>political refugees
FUCK OFF REFUGEES WE'RE FULL
>>
>>7670551
>If these Europeans are smart enough to sail around the world why would the bother colonizing?
>>
>>7670513
source? sauce? where did this come from!
>>
>>7673197
Twilight Zone
>>
>>7673624
>too young to know about Mars Attacks
Get the fuck off
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.