[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Complete Mathematics guide?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
Does it exist a complete Mathematics guide? I mean something that starts from the beginning (like the 4 operations) and arrive to explain everything that someone can learn attenting a master degree in Mathematics?
>>
>>7666378
algebra textbook, precalc textbook, calc textbook, combinatorics textbook, analysis textbook, linear algebra textbook, abstract algebra textbook, topology textbook, complex analysis textbook
>>
>>7666378
Nicolas Bourbaki
>>
Not really.
>>
>>7666378
No, because there is no definite list or canon of mathematics to be learned. There are, however, certain things you will not be able to do without. If you really want a list I will see what I can do.
This
>>7666380
is decent, but by no means comprehensive.
>>
Ok, thank you so much. I was wondering if there was something like this, something like a long path to follow with everything explained in order to reach the basics to understand advanced Mathematics (i'm a Physics student and i often think that there are a lot of mathematical gaps in my mind that must be filled to completely understand Physics so, i would like to restart studying Mathematics from the beginning).

P.s. Sorry for my English, i'm italian)
>>
>>7666378
Bourbaki, or that weird book that Ramanujan learned from.
>>
Serge Lang's books
>>
>>7666378
http://4chan-science.wikia.com/wiki/Math_Textbook_Recommendations
>>
Thank you so much to everybody!
>>
Kahn academy world of math
>>
>>7667040
lol, the book that was literally just identities without proof?
>>
File: Capture5.png (289 KB, 297x443) Image search: [Google]
Capture5.png
289 KB, 297x443
>principa mathmatica

>euclids elements

>school
>>
http://www.superstringtheory.com/math/math1.html
http://www.superstringtheory.com/math/math2.html
http://www.superstringtheory.com/math/math3.html

learn everything there.
>>
Rodger (i think thats the first name) Penrose has a book called "The road to reality".

The entire first half of the book is dedicated to understanding the mathematics for the physics in the second half. It is not a textbook but it would be a good place to start as it goes through pretty much what you are looking for.

I would suggest supplemental material though as there aren't really problems in the book.
>>
File: Robert_Oppenheimer_1946.jpg (1 MB, 1280x1598) Image search: [Google]
Robert_Oppenheimer_1946.jpg
1 MB, 1280x1598
>>7667668
>mfw this is what physicists actually believe
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.