[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Recreating the Big Bang with a quantum computer. So /sci/ I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (95 KB, 1286x854) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95 KB, 1286x854
Recreating the Big Bang with a quantum computer.

So /sci/ I'm not super tech savvy nor do I know a whole lot about computer science but I've been doing a lot of research on quantum computing and am wondering why there hasn't been an attempt yet to "recreate" the Big Bang with on of the new D-Wave 500QB computers.

From my understanding 500QB (or even the new 1000QB) computers are powerful enough to store more information then there are atoms in the universe. If this is true, then why not create a program that contains all the laws of quantum mechanics that we know about, and special relativity, to create a singularity event that would mimic that of the Big Bang?

Furthermore let's assume that such a task was able to be accomplished, would we then hypothetically be able to travel through this "virtual reality" and view events happening at any given moment in time at any location by typing in a set of 6 coordinates to find that specific point in the VR space?
>>
>>7665249

this is pretty low quality shitposting desu
>>
Too long
>>
>I'm doing a lot of research in quantum computers
>I read a pop-sci article once
>>
>>
To simulate things you need to know the laws they obey.

Since the big bang is supposed to be a THE most singular and ill defined state of the universe we can think of any simulation is doomed to fail, because how things SHOULD behave around that point. All the laws the universe seems to obey right now might be fundamentally different or only return nonsense if applied to the setting of the big bang.
>>
>>7665409
this.

it doesnt help that the golden rule of running a atomic/molecular simulation like this is "these simulations have no actual basis in reality".
>>
shitty shitpost is shitty
>>
>>7665249

>when hipsters think science is cool but are too lazy to study

Back to reddit.
>>
D-Wave doesn't make quantum computers, they make convoluted classical computers to troll physicists.
>>
>big bang
>quantum computers
Pop-sci: The thread.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.