[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you study/memorize quickly? This is a big dilemma in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /sci/ - Science & Math

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: logic.jpg (140 KB, 611x542) Image search: [Google]
logic.jpg
140 KB, 611x542
How do you study/memorize quickly?

This is a big dilemma in my life.
I'd like to have a system which allows me to remember anything I want to remember on command. I've delved into mnemonics and memory palaces and have only used them for things like remembering numbers.

Tell me your secrets.
>>
i have poor memory for specifics, so i learn to derive everything in language from basic principles

languages like english are difficult because, unlike german or mathematics, just mashing together basic ideas doesn't lead to a coherent object
>>
>>7664876
So you're a native german?
>>
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVsdGRvbWFpbnxzdHJhaWdodGE0dnN1fGd4OjM1M2IwOGM4NjIyYmVhYw

Look past the religious stuff and its still solid advice
>>
>>7664878
Thank you!
>>
>>7664869
Can someone edit the pic so the last panel is the same as the second panel, only with an EM drive instead of a mouse trap
>>
>>7664869

Mnemonics that are counter-intuitive, convoluted, or funny are often better than mnemonics that make sense.
>>
>>7664869
You forget everything you know.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWDo3aGz3is
>>
>>7664869
Method of Loci
>>
>>7664892
That would totally eliminate the joke.
>>
>>7664869
step 1. Start reading.
>>
Practice visualization and using the other inner senses. You can approximate sounds, smells, feels, pretty much any sense object with your imagination. Combine the senses for best effect.
>>
>>7665695
step 2. get out of 4chan
>>
>>7665578
Right cause the em drive is legit.
>>
Well, if were talking about intro stuff, repitition.

If were talking about advanced stuff, i dont memorize stuff very quickly, i try to understand the process by daily practice.
>>
>>7665703
step 3. AND NEVER RETURN
>>
>>7666097
step 4. return
>>
it might sound retarded but i study until i believe i could teach somebody about what i learned. understanding > memorizing would be my advice.
>>
>>7664869
Tinted yellow glasses (there's a reason highlighters are yellow, retention is improved for objects which are yellow or red. Why? no idea.)

White noise/loud metal music that isn't melodic.

Dark room and a flashlight shining only on the book I'm reading.

It's routine for me now so I don't know if it helps as much as I think it does or if its a comfort thing, but I retain more when I cram like this.
>>
>>7666483
If I wear yellow tinted glasses constantly, will it improve my memory overall?
>>
>memorizing
>not learning

enjoy your shitty recall abilities.
>>
Maybe. You'll also die trying to cross the street, but these are the sacrifices one must make.
>>
I use my imagination. If information pops up that I'd like to memorize, I synthesize my imagination with reality, imagining myself performing the acts being memorized.

If I'm learning Kingdom Phyllum Class Order Genus Species I'm walking into a kingdom of nothing but plants, THIS IS MY KINGDOM, then I walk over to the beautiful, VAST array of flowers, THIS PHYLLUM IS BEAUTIFUL, then I'll run over to the conifers, THIS PHYLLUM HAS HEAVY SEEDS, HOW BEAUTIFUL, walking deeper into the forest, an array of them all have books in front of them, in CLASS as the group in the middle, their trees have glasses and give ORDERS to other trees through textbooks, while the group in the center are GENIUSES giving help to the teachers. Genus and then there's species because species're the most SPECIfic.

I love the freaking phylum of freaking flowers.

Calm helps us remember things. I'd say calm's the most conducive.
>>
>>7664869
OP, the answer to your question is surprisingly simple. Just study things you enjoy, and the memorization will occur without any conscious effort. There is really no use in trying to memorize something that doesn't make sense to you or doesn't seem useful to you, because you're never going to truly want to memorize it in the first place. Study things you enjoy studying, practice working out problems with what you know. The brain is very plastic, it will remember the things you use/like most. If you come across a problem you can't work out that interests you, you can study that new subject with relative ease. And repeat the process. If you're having trouble memorizing things that interest you, you can try cutting back on the weed.
>>
File: I really like this puppy.jpg (106 KB, 509x700) Image search: [Google]
I really like this puppy.jpg
106 KB, 509x700
>>7665701
>tfw no visualization
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.